Awoo.

Shin Megami Tensei (and related games) discussion.

Crystal Kingfisher

Yeah I would consider waiting for the PSP version, but if it doesn't include FES I'd rather get the "full" version.

Or maybe Atlus will do what they do and make us buy both somehow. =_=

The improvements in the PSP version make it worth waiting for. I can't see any reason to get regular P3 unless you like buying games twice or hate the PSP.

In other news- my ridiculously long Persona 3 playthrough is coming to a close, I've reached the top of Tartarus!

JAKE! I feel un confident in facing the final battle. Any suggested personas/character level? :L

Oh boy, I honestly can't remember that far back.

My friend Maia level-grinded to 100, but I only had to reach level 80 myself. You could probably do it in less, but I didn't have too much trouble at this level, so I recommend it. Won't hurt if you aimed for higher.

The boss can take 90 minutes to fight, I'm not kidding. If you want to beat it in one try, I suggest you take the time to study its attack patterns beforehand on GameFAQs, because this boss has at least 12 phases. Make sure you stock up on lots of healing and protection items: magic mirrors, revives, or whatever they are called, and try to fuse enough good Personas that provide you at least one or two good attacks of every element in the game. Don't hold back on any items, you might as well use all of them because your inventory will be wiped clean in New Game+.

I can't remember what they were called, but don't go for the highest tier of elemental attacks (e.g. strongest fire attack in the whole game), they use up too much SP. Go for the second or third strongest ones, the extra strength you get aren't worth the needed SP, and you'll run out quick. Make sure to stock up on a lot of SP healing items too.

The improvements in the PSP version make it worth waiting for. I can't see any reason to get regular P3 unless you like buying games twice or hate the PSP.

What about FES? Has FES been confirmed to be included in the PSP version?

Because I DO want FES aswell as P3 >.< I wouldn't like to have to buy both seperately if I can help it.

I don't understand why they would leave any of P3FES's bonus content out of this version, would just be a step down. The PSP is basically a handheld PS2 anyway, not like the DS where Disgaea DS actually had to remove/water down content.

You can count on Atlus basing this PSP version off FES, there's absolutely no reason to use the original for this version.

I don't understand why they would leave any of P3FES's bonus content out of this version, would just be a step down. The PSP is basically a handheld PS2 anyway, not like the DS where Disgaea DS actually had to remove/water down content.

But UMDs are tiny compared to DVDs, just worried they may not fit it all on. Also, wasn't Disgaea DS actually better than the other versions, minus the voice acting?

The worst they could do is remove The Answer. Even then, I can actually imagine Atlus including a second disc with the game that has it. The Answer is completely separate from the game and uses a separate save file, so if space really is an issue, this is the most likely route they would take.

Also, wasn't Disgaea DS actually better than the other versions, minus the voice acting?

Haha, hell no, Disgaea DS was horrible. The sprites were rescaled, the framerate was incredibly bad, the music was watered down with MIDI instruments, and the controls are impossible. It's a very bad port.

Haha, hell no, Disgaea DS was horrible. The sprites were rescaled, the framerate was incredibly bad, the music was watered down with MIDI instruments, and the controls are impossible. It's a very bad port.

I've not actually played Disgaea myself, but everything I'd read about the versions suggested that the DS version had the most gameplay content :(

The worst they could do is remove The Answer.

Yeah, that's what I'm worried about I guess.

I've seen copies of P3 around quite a bit lately, but each time I've held off since I've been looking for FES.

The game's common as dirt. If the PSP version, by any chance, actually removes important content, then finding the PS2 version shouldn't pose much of a problem for you. You can count on Atlus having a lot of press releases about this game for you to make judgment.

Disgaea DS technically has more bonus content (although not very much more), but I value a smooth presentation over content. The PSP version of Disgaea is technically the best version of Disgaea to go for; the DS version sacrifices too much for the added content to prove worthwhile, and the graphic and sound quality are just terrible.

The game's common as dirt. If the PSP version, by any chance, actually removes important content, then finding the PS2 version shouldn't pose much of a problem for you. You can count on Atlus having a lot of press releases about this game for you to make judgment.

I've been looking for FES (in retail mind you) since the Euro release of P4, with absolutely zero luck.

Would shop online if I could.

In any case it probably won't be too long until we know more specifics, like if FES will be in it, or if you'll be able to choose boy or girl, or what the differences will be of playing as a girl, etc.

I guess P3 isn't as common in R2/R4 regions, I think remz also had trouble finding it. :|

From the sound of it, it really seems that the upcoming PSP version of P3 is the version to go for. There's a new female character (Minato genderbending is sexy as hell, mrawr), which means more potential social links, and they're tweaking with the battle system to provide it with some of P4's enhancements - though I hope they don't go for P4's escape from battle or enemy analysis systems, because I really hated those changes. :/ I'm counting on Atlus not removing much at all, and they'll probably put The Answer on a separate disc.

My friend Maia level-grinded to 100, but I only had to reach level 80 myself. You could probably do it in less, but I didn't have too much trouble at this level, so I recommend it. Won't hurt if you aimed for higher.
Oh man, I'm level 72! I have some grinding ahead of me indeed. :S I fused Thanatos today! man what a rad design. But am I to understand I should be making persona with say, Zionga rather then Ziodyne? What about the instant kill spells (Die For Me! etc.) Or physical skills?

and in regards to P3PSP- You can have my word they will not remove any content from FES. This is atlus we're talking about here, and the fact they're adding an entire new selectable MC kinda says that disc space isn't really an issue

I've been looking for FES (in retail mind you) since the Euro release of P4, with absolutely zero luck.

Would shop online if I could.

Yeah, you're not going to find it in retail, pretty sure it's out of print.

Cool stuff Dazz.

and in regards to P3P, recent details surfacing are showing things outside tartarus to be kind of scaled down. Menu based navigation as opposed to freely running around everywhere, pre rendered backgrounds in the school. Dunno though, have to wait till we get some good, solid scans.

Perhaps it might be better to get FES after all, SuperLink

I dunno what made 'em think putting in a female MC was a good idea if they have to seriously water everything down :/

I guess I'll wait for more info anyway. It's not like FES is going to just fall into my lap anytime soon.

and in regards to P3P, recent details surfacing are showing things outside tartarus to be kind of scaled down. Menu based navigation as opposed to freely running around everywhere, pre rendered backgrounds in the school. Dunno though, have to wait till we get some good, solid scans.

If this is true, then that would be really fucking retarded. D: And depressing.

*hugs his her copy of P3FES*

I said FES, not the regular P3. And I love my PSP BTW, I prefer it more than DS, but I like DS too. I'm just wondering though if the PSP version is going to have FES's features or not.

Due to remz's last post, we won't know until we get scans confirming P3P's watering down.

If it's true that roaming freely around the city is going to be replaced with menu-based navigation, then whatever extra features that are added aren't going to be worth getting it over the PS2 version.

1 2 3 4 5 6

Yeah looks like I was right.

- New battle costumes.

- Guard command added (Thank freaking goodness).

- No free exploration outside of Tartarus. Likewise, everything will be menu/cursor-driven (talking to characters, moving locations, etc).

- Pre-rendered backgrounds outside of Tartarus. Many social events and S-links also seem to have the character models removed, and replaced with only character portraits to accompany the dialogue.

The last one is a total bummer. Alot of scenes throughout the game are just not going to be the same prerendered.

Don't fucking tell me they're replacing Elizabeth.

Fuck no, man. Unless he's only specific to female Minato (Minako?)'s path, but it's still unforgivable.

However, Minako is very sexy and hhhnnnnnnng I want high res artwork of her right now, right now.

*Keeps looking for FES*

What a let down eh? Might be worth buying if you don't have a PS2, and huge SMT fans will find a reason to own both, but still, the PSP is capable of so much more.

Yeah, best to go with FES for the full experience. :/ I always found the ability to explore the city on foot a good way to immerse myself in the Persona world (and I love P4's town, especially), and there was charm to be found in P3's real-time cutscenes.

Good luck finding it, there's always Amazon or eBay.

Yeah, especially since I started with P4 I think I'd have the most enjoyment with the more full product.

If all else fails I should finally have a bank account in the next few weeks, so I'll be able to order it online soon.

Yeah, especially since I started with P4 I think I'd have the most enjoyment with the more full product.

If all else fails I should finally have a bank account in the next few weeks, so I'll be able to order it online soon.

I didn't think it would be a pain, I just thought that it would be boring. Looks like I was right.

Yeah yeah I know that it's still essentially the same thing but there was a charm in exploring the towns on your own. Can't really explain it but I find it hard to adjust to this system.

They really are removing The Answer? Sheesh.