Awoo.

Transformers Devastation "Platinum Games... YOU GOT THE TOUCH!"

Badnik Mechanic

Platinum Games will be announcing a new title next week. It is not Scalebound (assuming that game still exists).

IGN will be posting the exclusive gameplay footage on June 16th at 3pm (PT) (10PM UK time), however they also say that the game might be teased at one of the E3 conferences but wouldn't say which one.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2015/06/09/e3-2015-unnanounced-platinum-game-coming-to-e3

Now what's interesting here is their wording... "premièring the gameplay reveal of an unannounced" [...] "extended look at gameplay". 

This suggests that the game might actually be revealed earlier than that, possibly at a conference in an announcement trailer, then IGN gets the gameplay.

• Thumbs Up 1

Is it time...?

Those fiddles are warming up.

June 16 and Hashimoto retweeting Nintendo's Digital Event announcement has me think this is something for Nintendo. Kind of doesn't make sense for IGN to have a game play reveal a whole day after the Sony and MS conferences. Granted, it could be multiplat but similar circumstances had Nintendo reveal Devil's Third on IGN's stream as a Wii U exclusive. It wouldn't be unprecedented since the two companies are clearly good bed mates at the moment.

Vanquish 2 would be nice but it seems unlikely. Metal Gear Rising 2 also seems like a decent bet since it performed well but I don't know if Konami is interested in that anymore. It purely depends on who is bankrolling them here.

• Thumbs Up 2

Retweeting Nintendo's Digital Event announcement has me think this is something for Nintendo.

Bayonetta 3: Non-Nintendo owners can get angrier edition.

But pls be Rising 2. Or Vanquish 2... either of those will make me happy.

• Thumbs Up 2

June 16 and Hashimoto retweeting Nintendo's Digital Event announcement has me think this is something for Nintendo. Kind of doesn't make sense for IGN to have a game play reveal a whole day after the Sony and MS conferences. Granted, it could be multiplat but similar circumstances had Nintendo reveal Devil's Third on IGN's stream as a Wii U exclusive. It wouldn't be unprecedented since the two companies are clearly good bed mates at the moment.

Star Fox? :P

I feel like MGR 2 might have been started before Konami went batshit so they might just finish it and push it out there. Maybe I'm being too optimistic but I really liked that game and I want a sequel that sort of cleans a lot of the less polished aspects of it up.

It's probably Rising 2. Didn't we get some teases of that last night from them, or am I mistaken?

...But I really hope it's StarFox. That collab is almost necessary for that game to turn out balls-off-the-walls amazing.

For the record, Platinum and Geoff Keighley explicitly denied that the "2" in that PS4 reel had anything to do with them. It might just be a smokescreen but take that for what you will.

Also another thing worth considering is that Bayonetta 2's producer on the Nintendo side, Hitoshi Yamagami, seemed to imply way back in October right before Bayo 2's release in an interview with IGN that Platinum and Nintendo might have some more stuff in the pipeline.

https://youtu.be/5ggn-vhUxrw?t=5m58s

• Thumbs Up 2

What if it's a F-Zero game? I mean, the series is already a tough as nails racing game with over the top characters, throw in some side first person stuff and some more story elements, and you got something interesting

Oh man i'm looking forward to whatever this is, my main bet would be on MGR2 but I also think it might be something completely new that we aren't expecting.

Yeah ever since the Kojima-Konami fallout I'm not expecting a Rising 2, and if it is Rising 2 without zero Kojima influence its going to suck. Rising 1 at least had some if not half of Kojima's influence and he loved overseeing the project.

I would disregard Rising 2 for now and think of other potential games or hell maybe this a new platinum games IP?

I kinda DON'T want Platinum's game to be Star Fox, but I think that's by far the most likely. I'd like it to NOT be Star Fox so there's yet another game on Nintendo to show off.

But yeah, I definitely think its something Nintendo-related.

So like...?

What happened to Scalebound? 

That would have been the game to get me to get an Xbox One (shameless Platinum Games fanboy here lol), but it's been silent for a while, and now we're getting a new unannounced Platinum title? Is Scalebound dead?

So like...?

What happened to Scalebound? 

That would have been the game to get me to get an Xbox One (shameless Platinum Games fanboy here lol), but it's been silent for a while, and now we're getting a new unannounced Platinum title? Is Scalebound dead?

Scalebound was announced at E3 last year... all things considered, its probably still in development, Platinum is just working on multiple games. (I never even HEARD of it until now...)

Hell, its still on their website: http://platinumgames.com/games/scalebound/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlatinumGames

Holy hell, they had 171 employees last year. That's a lot more than even more than even Intelligent Systems (and IS puts out a ton of great games as well). Yeah, they've got plenty of people to work on several projects at once. I had no idea they were actually that big. Wow.

I'm guessing it's going to be Rising 2 but, then again, with all the Konami BS going on...

Bayo3 here we go.

C'mon guys, we all know fully well what really needs to happen.

I mean, although it sold badly it's still possible. It's been what, two years since TW101? If Nintendo bankrolled a sequel for next year it could happen.

I doubt this is a Wonderful 101 sequel, but I'd be shocked if they DIDN'T eventually make a sequel. Yeah, it didn't do well, but Platinum really wanted to make another one.

I'm guessing it's going to be Rising 2 but, then again, with all the Konami BS going on...

Bayo3 here we go.

I think Bayo3 is the least likely thing this could be. Bayonetta 2 was the last game they released as is, and they seemed pretty content with the game after completing it. So I highly, highly doubt this will be Bayo 3.

Well this is interesting

http://gonintendo.com/stories/235385-platinum-tweeting-out-teases-for-their-new-game#comments

PLATINUM TWEETING OUT TEASES FOR THEIR NEW GAME
09 June, 2015 by rawmeatcowboy |  Comments: 2
Our next game will have you seeing red. #PlatinumHype
— JP Kellams (@PG_jp) June 9, 2015

Our next game will make you say "Oh My God!" #platinumhype
— JP Kellams (@PG_jp) June 9, 2015

Again, we don't know what platforms this game will land on, but we do know that it's going to be revealed at E3 2015. Keep those fingers crossed, gang!

Red... hmmmm, could be a character reference, or they could be doing another Nintendo Exclusive that's going to annoy a lot of non-nintendo owners

Our next game will have you seeing red. #PlatinumHype

Alright I have two ideas for this.

It's either literally referring to motherfucking Wonder Red and they're somehow making a Wonderful 101 sequel, or it's referring to Raiden's cutting people into bloody pieces.

I think the first option might be more likely.

how about they reprint some more copies of w101 so i can buy it and can get excited for a sequel

• Thumbs Up 2

Alright I have two ideas for this.

It's either literally referring to motherfucking Wonder Red and they're somehow making a Wonderful 101 sequel, or it's referring to Raiden's cutting people into bloody pieces.

I think the first option might be more likely.