Awoo.

Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice

Radiant Hero Ike

I'm no fan of the Boom games, but if you were to cash in on the success of the cartoon wouldn't this be the smartest cheapest move available? Take an already established game engine and put it on the best selling handheld?

Don't think the actual game sold that well, despite the success of the cartoon.  Even if it did, you can only ride on the coattails of the success of a bad game for so long before people start to get tired of it.  Brand loyalty only goes so far.

Oh.... Fuck me man. Why? Why? Just Why? Just... Oh God, this is going to be Pontac and Graff, I can feel it.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm no fan of the Boom games, but if you were to cash in on the success of the cartoon wouldn't this be the smartest cheapest move available? Take an already established game engine and put it on the best selling handheld?

Edit: For the record I don't know how well Shattered Crystal sold.

It along with Rise of Lyric are the worst selling games in the series so it's not a very good idea.

It looks like this was just made to cash in while Sonic Boom the show is still somewhat doing good in the ratings. Seriously, gameplay looks almost exactly the same as last time, so this could be a game done in very little development time.

Also note how this has been a pretty low-key announcement given E3's around the corner, and the fact it's being made only for 3DS with no sign of a WII U version at all.

Also also this pretty much confirms that the Sanzaru branch of games ignores Rise of Lyric if Amy is called a new playable character.

Also also also I swear to god I misread the new villain's name as D.Fukt. Because it's trying to do a Crash Bandicoot name and failing at it.

• Thumbs Up 4

That was... random. I mean, all of a sudden the game popped up in my Youtube dash and I'm like "what?!"

• Thumbs Up 1

ಠ_ಠ

I should say you should add something to your post before you get in trouble, but the actual reason I'm replying is to say how hhilariously fitting your avatar is to this whole announcement. :lol:

• Thumbs Up 2

Are you honest to God kidding me? Really after the terrible reception that Rise of Lyric and Shattered Crystals got and seeing how poorly they sold they would make a sequel? Really? Im laughing my butt off here it just goes to show you that SEGA is extremely unpredictable. But on a serious note maybe the 3DS version was that time consuming to make i don't know 

• Thumbs Up 3

And it looks like that annoying character from the show that enjoys guilt-tripping others into doing what he wants is going to be featured. FUN.

srsly tho why is this happening

I'm just surprised everyone else is surprised. The show's done well enough that more Boom games makes...sense, kind of. The only weird thing is how soon this is, but whatever. I honestly can't be bothered about Boom unless there's some good word of mouth, otherwise I'll just wait for the next Sonic Team game like I have been for the past year and a half.

Anyone know if the music that was played during the trailer is part of the game or if it's another song altogether?

And it looks like that annoying character from the show that enjoys guilt-tripping others into doing what he wants is going to be featured. FUN.

srsly tho why is this happening

As someone who doesn't watch the show, who do you mean? D. Fekt? Or Sticks?

• Thumbs Up 1

I should say you should add something to your post before you get in trouble, but the actual reason I'm replying is to say how hhilariously fitting your avatar is to this whole announcement. :lol:

I wouldn't know what to add. I've never found myself so much at loss for words.

I have not played the previous Boom games, so my opinions are neutral as of now.

Okay, what the hell? We could've had a new Sonic Rush game on 3DS since Dimps has been doing fuck all since SLW. No, instead we get a sequel to a game that was REALLY mediocre and sold REALLY bad. WHAT IS THIS?!

And it looks exactly like Shattered Crystal too! This is just unbelievable, what the hell are Sega thinking?

• Thumbs Up 2

I guess at least this game can tide us over until the next proper Sonic Team game. Right, guys?

...right, guys?

*sobs softly*

• Thumbs Up 1

Pretty soon, hellfire will start raining from the skies above. It's the next logical step after releasing another Boom game.

I want to approach this with optimism - I really, really want to. But alas, poor Yorick, I cannot. I'm still going to hope that they iron out the kinks that the first two games had, but I'm going to start putting cash down on this game being complete and total shit.

See, I would normally be one of those people that would be like "Hey, let's wait until it comes out before we make our judgement," and I guess it would be fair to give this game the same treatment.  But pretty much all of the problems I've already listed are extremely evident in the trailer.  Like the fact that the "boost" thing doesn't actually make you go faster as much as just puts a beam behind your back to give some halfhearted illusion at speed.  Like, they didn't even try to hide that.

• Thumbs Up 5

Boy you all are so fancy with your tucked in pants and your pessimism. I think Shattered Crystal at it's core was fine, it was just drawn out with Sonic Unleashed medal walls and people's opinions blocking your path. If this doesn't do that, it could be fine.

• Thumbs Up 1

I guess at least this game can tide us over until the next proper Sonic Team game. Right, guys?

...right, guys?

*sobs softly*

Yeah man. Let's torture ourselves by eating mud before having a good meal.

._.

• Thumbs Up 1