Awoo.

Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice

Radiant Hero Ike

Well. We can now confirm this isn't Sega's motto:

Sega clearly don't want any money or any kind and just want to waste it.

• Thumbs Up 2

Also, why are some people acting like Shattered Crystal was a "train wreck"? Last i recall, it was Rise of Lyrics that was the train wreck, and Shattered Crystal was overall seen as meh from the beginning and end. Shattered Crystal was never really seen as the game people were really talking about the most. 

...You're not making the best argument here Mysterion. It's literally just "it's not as bad as the worst thing it could've been"

Yeah I had a feeling Shadow and even Metal Sonic were shoved into both games just to pander to all dem fanboys. But without their inclusion in the cartoon and seemingly the games too, it feels like their inclusion in RoL and SC was just a waste of space. And time.

• Thumbs Up 1

I seriously don't think SEGA even knows what good and bad means anymore.They are just some emotionless shell that just throws shit out and a tonne of it out. 

It's almost like they are trying to kill themselves just to end the misery. 

I... don't know what to think of this.

I'm happy that we're getting another Sonic game this year but this is not what I (or anyone else) had in mind.

Just looks like a slightly improved version of Shattered Crystal, with the premise of Legend Of Chima.

I'm just laughing quietly to myself. This is so ridiculous its awesome. Fan rages all over the place.

Hey, at least they finally made Amy playable! lol...

I... don't know what to think of this.

I'm happy that we're getting another Sonic game this year but this is not what I (or anyone else) had in mind.

Just looks like a slightly improved version of Shattered Crystal, with the premise of Legend Of Chima.

Hopefully the game is actually improved over the last one... but it doesn't seem like it.

• Thumbs Up 1

They're both bad, RoL is just much worse. Neither justified a sequel.

Whether or not they justified a sequel isn't what I care about or what I was getting it. I was focusing on the train wreck that I seen some people in here thus far call the 3DS version (too lazy to call out names). Since, you know, there wasn't really much 'hype' for the 3DS version as there was for the U version (i.e. Western developers handling Sonic, saying it'll be like the Adventure games, something about Naughty Dog employees, etc.) Meh. 

Though, to each its own since I'm kinda glad Boom 3DS got a sequel in hopes of some things in the game improving in the sequel. It wasn't too bad of a 2D Sonic game for me personally.  

I really don't like the argument that because Shattered Crystal wasn't as bad as Rise of Lyric, then why should anyone complain about a sequel?, Well, maybe because the game was still painfully average, the writing was total shit, the gameplay got boring after a few levels and overall, it isn't very good.

That's like justifying a sequel to Shadow the Hedgehog because it wasn't ''as'' bad as Sonic 06. Just because a game isn't as bad as another game in the series doesn't automatically justify a sequel.

Wait, so the game doesn't even come out this year?  Maybe there's still hope!  I mean, the graphics look tremendously better, so maybe we can cling to the faint of hope the gameplay making the same progress?

Unlike RoL I'm indifferent to Shattered Crystal and based on what I've seen of F&I I'll be indifferent towards it too. Apart from the artwork which is pretty decent it doesn't look like they've improved on anything at all. I doubt don't know if my opinion will change following the release of more footage and such but right now I'm indifferent to the game and disappointed with SEGA. Not mad, disappointed.

I think this is part of "reinforcing the merchandising Sonic business"; meaning throw tie-in stuff around regardless of reputation, just promotion.

I have but one question.

What D'Fekt is this shit?

Wow. I honestly wasn't expecting another Boom game. And the game looks just as dull as Shattered Crystal, too. We're already at the point where Sonic games have some seriously bad reputation and this isn't helping. Even if it does manage to sell, I have a feeling it will do the series more harm than good.

1nu5iG0.jpg

Oh, Aaron.

Also I'm seeing people saying this won't be out till next year or something? Where are we getting that from, because I highly doubt it.

1nu5iG0.jpg

I think Sonic's starting to lose it. 

Can't blame him with all the abuse he gets from SEGA. 

I am speechless... Truly speechless...

Seriously. What the fuck SEGA? Why?

CHEgIwEW8AEItfU.png

I do have to compliment the promo art though. There's some actual intensity to it, which is a nice reprieve from the sunshine and rainbows we've been getting since Colors. Too bad I know the story isn't going to match up, otherwise I might actually buy it.

• Thumbs Up 5

Wait, so the game doesn't even come out this year?  Maybe there's still hope!  I mean, the graphics look tremendously better, so maybe we can cling to the faint of hope the gameplay making the same progress?

They said this Winter, so sounds like this year.

So, on Sonic's tumblr...

1nu5iG0.jpg

Oh my god, that's hilarious.  I'm not sure how I'm supposed to interpret that! XD

Oh my god, that's hilarious.  I'm not sure how I'm supposed to interpret that! XD

Maybe it's going to be better than the first one

They said this Winter, so sounds like this year.

Turns out I misunderstood the tweets.  My bad.

Al I can say is, Sonic Team's next game better be fucking good. I have no words at how stupid this whole situation is. I can understand wanting to create more opportunities for business, but making a sequel to a game that was critically panned is beyond ridiculous. They could have just made a decent mobile game and that would make them much more than this, and it would cost less to roll out. I dimply cannot understand SEGA's logic regarding this.

However, I would be very surprised if this isn't at least a marginal improvement over Shattered Crystal. I don't have any faith in this though, and I will eat a sock of this turns out to be decent.

(subtitles & annotations)

real talk why

WHO AT SEGA THOUGHT THIS WAS A GOOD IDEA

WHO

• Thumbs Up 1