Awoo.

Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice

Radiant Hero Ike

We don't know yet. Maybe they are? Maybe they're not? Would it really matter, either way?

• Thumbs Up 1

On a brighter note, the last Sonic Team game was what? Lost World? That was in 2013, and there's theorycrafting and speculation that it was a B-Team game? That means the last A-Team game was Sonic Generations in 2011. That means that if we're going to see an A-Team game in 2016, that it could be huge.

All right, so that's optimistic, but  you gotta admit the prospect of a big Sonic Team game would be awesome.

I guess at least this game can tide us over until the next proper Sonic Team game. Right, guys?

...right, guys?

*sobs softly*

Last year they said Boom was there to tide us over until the next proper Sonic game.

...When did they say that?

Last year they said Boom was there to tide us over until the next proper Sonic game. 

Can you cite where they actually said this?

Not cool Sega, not cool.

Just looks like the same Shattered Crystal malarkey in motion here. ~sigh

Runners was made by Sonic Team. That had a lot of positive reaction actually.

Honestly, I think Sonic Team is fine. It's just the decisions made by all the higher ups concerning how they should make their games that bothers me. Because it's not like my problems with Lost World, Colors, Generations, and Unleashed had anything to do with them being "broken" because they weren't. My problems with those games stemmed from a lot of other things.

• Thumbs Up 1

...When did they say that?

Can you cite where they actually said this?

By "they" I mean fans. Not SEGA.

CHEgIwEW8AEItfU.png

Interesting promo art.

This boxart's actually really fucking beautiful. Excellent expressions, coloring and poses. Knuckles looks a bit awkward though, looking like he's frustrated because no one's guessing "Mario" during his turn in a game of charades.

I'm guessing the robot in the middle is the big bad of the game. Who's willing to bet that it's this game's Neo Metal Sonic?

EDIT: I just noticed Eggman looking pretty pissed on the bottom right, so this might be the case.

• Thumbs Up 5

Hahahahahahaha I can't believe this!

aecf6690a7b0671331999e1a9b089aa4.jpg

oooooh.... do they want ice for that sick buuuurn?

Also interesting article on Modern/legacy (Seriously? that's what they're calling the original Sonic now?) and Boom... although the bit where they say "Boom is for kids" made me a little sad. Do kids seriously like dull games like the Boom series (where from what I saw, what you have to do in every single bit of the game is made blatantly obvious?! I mean.. uugh, boring!) Cause kids aren't idiots, yknow...

I actually kinda like "Legacy Sonic". Has a ring to it that I never really felt with "Modern Sonic", so I'm A-OK with the later being thrown over to Boom. As long as Sonic Team gets to shine with a main series title again, even if it's saved for next year, I'm good.

• Thumbs Up 3

Also interesting article on Modern/legacy (Seriously? that's what they're calling the original Sonic now?) and Boom... although the bit where they say "Boom is for kids" made me a little sad. Do kids seriously like dull games like the Boom series (where from what I saw, what you have to do in every single bit of the game is made blatantly obvious?! I mean.. uugh, boring!) Cause kids aren't idiots, yknow...

Both RoL and SC bombed in sales. Some blamed the Wi U for RoL's sales failure, but the same can't be said for SC's sales failure since the 3DS is a successful platform. Kids aren't as dumb as companies seem to think.

This boxart's actually really fucking beautiful. Excellent expressions, coloring and poses. Knuckles looks a bit awkward though, looking like he's frustrated because no one's guessing "Mario" during his turn in a game of charades.

I'm guessing the robot in the middle is the big bad of the game. Who's willing to bet that it's this games Neo Metal Sonic?

The robot apparently IS the big bad of the game, but oddly... it appears it doesn't betray Eggman, it simply tries to make itself more powerful to fulfill Eggman's wishes. So basically, the robot is the big bad, but it is being controlled by Eggman... that seems like an interesting take...

Hahahahahahaha I can't believe this!

aecf6690a7b0671331999e1a9b089aa4.jpg

...at least they know how to make fun of themselves. This is actually pretty epic.

You know, maybe this won't be so bad...?

Oh, er, did I just say that? **SHOT**

• Thumbs Up 2

CHEgIwEW8AEItfU.png

Interesting promo art.

I have to agree with Auto-- this art actually looks pretty decent.

Anyway, here's hoping this one doesn't leave a bad taste in anyone's mouths, but after the last games, I doubt it'll make much of an impact if that's true.

If we can say one good thing about the game, it's this-- at least the whole gang is playable this time around.

I actually kinda like "Legacy Sonic". Has a ring to it that I never really felt with "Modern Sonic", so I'm A-OK with the later being thrown over to Boom. As long as Sonic Team gets to shine with a main series title again, even if it's saved for next year, I'm good.

I'm just hoping that happens at all.  At this point, it's uncertain, since the only recently-released non-Boom game is Runners and an educational game exclusive to Japan.

• Thumbs Up 1

That artwork is cool, except for how ridiculously awkward Knux looks...

Seriously, what is going on with that running position?

Well....the game does seem to flow a bit better than Shattered Crystal so for at least now I'll give it that.

Literally every Sonic game flows well in carefully constructed videos such as trailers.  Whoever on the Generations team put together the end credits retrospective video managed to make 2006 look like it flows well.

That artwork is cool, except for how ridiculously awkward Knux looks...

Seriously, what is going on with that running position?

He's channeling his inner Mario, of course.

Mario_SMB.png

• Thumbs Up 2

Well this is a surprised, I haven't tried shattered crystals but didn't have enough interest to get it even though I kinda enjoyed it in the demo but it doesn't seem any different to first one so eh.

Back to getting hype for Mario and sonic at the Olympic games

I'm not interested in Boom but maybe it gives Sonic Team/Dimps more time to create the next real Sonic game. Think about it: They released the last one in 2013 so if they release the next one in 2016 they probably have enough time to create something of very high quality. :)

Yeeah, I see what you mean. "Modern" as a name seems kinda... corny. To me the word "modern" as a noun reminds me of my dance class days; wearing tight lycra bodysuits and white leather danceshoes and leaping about. :D

"Legacy" reminds me of Legacy of Kain, which was fuckin awesome...

Not sure if anyone posted the song from the trailer, but I seen a few people talking about it. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxOewDbARxk

Good song to use for the trailer, I think. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Okay the SEGA, let get this straight, you refuse to release DLC for Generations, one of the best received and selling games in the series, you ditch a formula that has been working well from Sonic Unleashed all the way up to Generations and continue to play genre roulette with a style that was previously seeing the best acclaim and sales the series had in a decade, yet you decide to drop a direct sequel that absolutely fucking none of us ever ask for to a game that sold horribly, had mediocre reception, and is associated with one of the most panned games of this generation that was one of the biggest blows to your brand's reputation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5kLqztDbw8

It's official, SEGA doesn't even care about profits anymore.  They're actively trying to kill Sonic.  They couldn't handle Sonic being appreciated by average gamers for too long

Edited by CanofEpicSauce
  • Thumbs Up 1

I think there might actually be an upside to this. If SEGA are thinking that Boom is massive source of potential income (which it certainly seems like)....it might very well be that they will leave Sonic Team to get on with the 'legacy' Sonic titles at their own pace, in turn meaning a potentially better output of games on their end. I mean it won't look pretty for the brand but if it means Sonic Team are getting the time they need to fully develop games, then I'm not entirely opposed.

"If you want a rainbow, you've gotta put up with the rain"

• Thumbs Up 9