Awoo.

Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice

Radiant Hero Ike

Again, the only reason people are even talking about Shattered Crystal now is because it's relevant to the conversation about this game. But when this game comes out, it'll fall to the wayside as well.

People only ever take the home console games into heavy consideration. I don't know why that is but it's true. The handhelds all come off like an after-thought. 

Except we're talking 3DS here which tends to have a much bigger audience than Wii/WiiU. Sonic Generations also sold better on DS than PS3/360 combined. They merged sales on Sonic Boom ROL and SC into one for their numbers earlier this year, but more than likely SC sold much more.

Seriously though, this bodes extremely well for my hopes that this sub-series is consistant enough to keep it's fanbase rather than flailing about with it's gameplay in the same fashion that the main series does. I don't know who exactly is Shattered Crystal's fanbase, but I know for a fact that I'm part of RoL's direction fanbase, however meh the game ended up being. Now I'm just waiting for it's inevitable sequel to Rol to be revealed.

And for those that were hoping otherwise and that they'd be completely different... well, I don't think this series was made for them in the first place, so, *shrug*

It's better if they just follow the main series without batting an eye towards the Boom sub-series. That's the way it was meant to be, at least.

Looks like Sega doesn't care about their fans, because the first Sonic Boom game bombed the sales charts and they made a sequel to it still. :(

Something I would like to point out here.

Shattered Crystal didn't have Amy in it, unless future hackers of the game manage to find her, she wasn't in it in any form at all.

Now she's a fully playable character...

So even if you take into account the following.

• Character models will be the same.
  • Game development tools are the same.
  • Staff/team is the same.

etc.

Given the scope of the game and what's been shown along with the release period.

Odds are this game was commissioned either just before or just after R0L's release date.

We've got a contrast!

toned down the exploration, - levels have a linear path through the middle, with exploration happening above and below 

- seven islands in the game, six of which are exploration-based and feature four levels plus two bonus stages 

Source: http://gonintendo.com/stories/235386-sonic-boom-fire-and-ice-first-gameplay-details

• Thumbs Up 4

Except we're talking 3DS here which tends to have a much bigger audience than Wii/WiiU. Sonic Generations also sold better on DS than PS3/360 combined. They merged sales on Sonic Boom ROL and SC into one for their numbers earlier this year, but more than likely SC sold much more.E

Except nothing. It doesn't matter. No one ever brings up Generations 3DS. No one ever puts it into a line of conversation or consideration for anything. Things like those are only ever brought up when it convenient towards a conversation or if it has relevance. If it sold more, good for it. The general public took more of a liking to a casual buy. That doesn't mean much at all though and it shows with how little people care about it nowadays.

Plus, this game is going to sell badly. It's not going to bring in good numbers no matter what system it's on. People are passionate now because it's the only thing in the limelight but that's it. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Looks like Sega doesn't care about their fans, because the first Sonic Boom game bombed the sales charts and they made a sequel to it still. :(

SEGA poured a lot of money into this initiative, and as far as we know the first two Boom games received a lot of funding from Nintendo.

I wouldn't be surprised if this game is also receiving a lot of money for exclusivity.

You follow the money when you run a business. Sure, fans are complaining now, but I presume a lot of them will come right back once main timelime games come.

Oh boy, that storyline's generic.

- Eggman's goal is to humiliate Sonic by making bots that are faster than him 

- beat all the bots in the game to prove Eggman is wrong, with one on each island 
- unlock character bots that can then be used to race your friends in local play 
- main story follows a henchman called Defect who's been designed by Eggman to find Ragnium and mine it 
- he has eco magnets that are supposed to enable him to raise it out of the ground 
- when Eggman turns him on, this fails, which is how he got the name Defect 
- he can magnetize everything other than Ragnium 
- he begins to use his powers to build himself up so he can beat Sonic 
- while Eggman collects Ragnium, he's polluting the environment 

zYnLyrA.png

QhchyUk.png

Amy looks a tad goofy herre.

KIiHKUG.png

Is that original the Metal Sonic?

Information on this game is going to be completely marred with contradiction and deceit, I can just feel it. D=

But really, yeah, I'm not even going to bother believing what anyone, even official parties, say about the game until I see it in visible form myself.  Or play it.  Whichever comes first.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYCJnTbmztk

Bravado, Sega. Bravado.

At first, I was literally speechless when I found out, but now...

I'm not even mad...

I'm past that... 

I'm at the sage now where I just have this grin on my face, no emotion, just a grin. 

Yep, I'm pretty much at this point too. I'm just viewing the whole thing now as this ironically hysterical skeleton of a train that was just hit with one of the most fascinating trainwrecks of the contemporary age...and still continues to chug along, like nothing happened. Against all expectations, logic, and reasoning.

The best part of it all is trying to distinguish whether this skeleton train is the Boom initiative or the Sonic franchise in its entirety.

- another bonus area takes the form of a classic 3D tunnel run from Sonic 2, 

Crap. I always hated that special stage.

The villain's name is Defect and he works for Eggman. Okay.

Unless they left out a bullet point about him betraying Eggman so far it falls in line alright. I mean, the plot-points are ridiculous but that captures what the show is better then that last game at least.

• Thumbs Up 1

Something I would like to point out here.

Shattered Crystal didn't have Amy in it, unless future hackers of the game manage to find her, she wasn't in it in any form at all.

Now she's a fully playable character...

So even if you take into account the following.

• Character models will be the same.
  • Game development tools are the same.
  • Staff/team is the same.

etc.

Given the scope of the game and what's been shown along with the release period.

Odds are this game was commissioned either just before or just after R0L's release date.

With Ratchet & Clank, the second game was commissioned and began work immediately after the first.

Companies are good at counting their chickens before they hatch.

- developed by Sanzaru Games 

- this game focuses more on speed 
- Sticks will appear 
- 2.5D platformer 
- toned down the exploration 
- reduced the length and the size of the levels 
- levels have a linear path through the middle, with exploration happening above and below 
- collectibles unlock stuff like characters and bonuses 
- seven islands in the game, six of which are exploration-based and feature four levels plus two bonus stages 
- seventh is called Thunder Island and is basically a two-player local play option 
- this is based on a race between Eggman's bots. 
- Eggman has found a new element called Ragnium, which he melts down and combusts as fuel 
- Eggman's goal is to humiliate Sonic by making bots that are faster than him 
- beat all the bots in the game to prove Eggman is wrong, with one on each island 
- unlock character bots that can then be used to race your friends in local play 
- main story follows a henchman called Defect who's been designed by Eggman to find Ragnium and mine it 
- he has eco magnets that are supposed to enable him to raise it out of the ground 
- when Eggman turns him on, this fails, which is how he got the name Defect 
- he can magnetize everything other than Ragnium 
- he begins to use his powers to build himself up so he can beat Sonic 
- while Eggman collects Ragnium, he's polluting the environment 
- adventure stages are the main levels of gameplay, with four per island 
- use each of the game's characters in every level 
- each character has his or her own special powers and there are setups in the game where you need to use all of them 
- switch between them on the fly by using the touch pad 
- Sonic can jump higher than all the other characters, and has a special air dash 
- Amy has a hammer that can break things and alter the terrain of a level 
- Tails can hover and fly by using air streams, plus he also has a blaster that can reflect off mirrors 
- Knuckles can punch stuff, and can also burrow underground and reach parts of the landscape other characters can't 
- Sticks has l boomerang that you can take control of and guide around so it can hit things that might be around corners 
- every character has fire and ice abilities that can be used to freeze water so you can walk over i 
- ice blocks are in the way that you can melt to go through 
- water spouts that you have to turn into ice so you can run across them 
- change from fire to ice ability very quickly in some situations 
- challenge rooms are designed specifically for hardcore Sonic fans 
- you don't have to complete the Challenge Rooms to finish the game, but you have to finish them if you want to get 100% 
- most enemies aren't tough, but some will chase after you 
- 4 boss fights, each using both screens of the 3DS 
- play as Sonic in each fight, but you're paired with another character so you can use their special abilities 
- each boss fight has Defect using items from the environment to construct a giant monste 
- one is a large creature made out of tar and dinosaur bones 
- tar flows from the ground and you have to avoid it 
- tar bubbles are created, which Tails can dodge by floating over 
- another bonus area takes the form of a classic 3D tunnel run from Sonic 2, 
- there are twelve of these in Fire and Ice 
- another bonus level features the Sea Fox submarine from Game Gear Tails Adventure 
- float around shooting at things with your sub while looking for collectibles 
- hovercraft game where you're racing up the screen trying to avoid or blast icebergs

I'd like to point out something here... the villains name according to IGN is D-Fekt, not defect.

Which sounds lot different (as in, are you taking the fucking piss) than 'Defect' does.

I remember when letter puns were cool. N. Gin. E. Nigma. N. Brio. And so on.

Can't help but feel surreally retro with that sort of name though.

"play as Sonic in each fight, but you're paired with another character so you can use their special abilities"

Anyone getting some Sonic Advance 3 vibes? ...No? 

Still, this team-up thing sounds interesting, but I don't see why you're forced to play as Sonic in each fight. It's not really that big of a deal, but it would be nice if you could play as other characters during boss fights. Just saying. 

Well they already fix one of my issues. More than one dang boss battle

• Thumbs Up 2

So Eggmans working with a guy named defect. Gee, I wonder how this is gonna turn out for him.

• Thumbs Up 1

lol so did the robot name itself D-Fekt or did Eggman give it that name? Because of he did, what could possibly go wrong? =D