Awoo.

Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice

Radiant Hero Ike

I have an idea.

How about we get a recast for the game and have Arnold Schwarzengger to voice Sonic?

''Cool Party Egg-Man''

''Stay Cool Tails''

''The Ice Man Cometh''

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh.. god.. why... Sega... why...

Because Boom is a huge marketing initiative and they're not going to give up on bringing it into the games that easily.

This is seen as SEGA America's baby due to the fact it's not a complete reboot, but it's obvious that SEGA Japan feels some sort of merit in all this if they keep letting it happen.

• Thumbs Up 1

I have an idea.

How about we get a recast for the game and have Arnold Schwarzengger to voice Sonic?

''Cool Party Egg-Man''

''Stay Cool Tails''

''The Ice Man Cometh''

You don't even need Mr. Freeze by this point. Sonic can handle bad ice puns all by himself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIugXjh4D-8

• Thumbs Up 2

you know.. something suddenly came to my mind

this Sonic Boom its a 3DS game right?

what if  next its announced a game for the WiiU, but with other title..?

whatpossiblycouldgowrong?

whatpossiblycouldgowrong?

EVERYTHING!

and Sega would probably still announce a sequel to that!

CHEgIwEW8AEItfU.png-orig.png

... Is it just me, or does D-Fekt look a bit like Orbot?
  • Thumbs Up 1

To give credit where it's due, I don't actually have much issue with the visuals here.  They're fine, an improvement over SC for sure thanks to some better lighting on the characters and more vibrant, contrasting colours in the envioronments.  It also looks pretty 60 FPS-ish outside of the boss battle footage, unless that's just due to them speeding up the sequences for the trailer's sake.

Oh also for anyone who cares, it looks like we'll have multi-plane 2D platforming again, though possibly all on one map this time rather than having a loading break inbetween.  I definitely saw some background platforming areas upon rewatching the trailer just now.

i think it looks cool! i like the music of the trailer .. i hope to hear of those in the same game :D

You won't, people already confirmed it's a licensed piece of music for the trailer, you can listen to it in full here:

• Thumbs Up 1

To give credit where it's due, I don't actually have much issue with the visuals here.  They're fine, an improvement over SC for sure thanks to some better lighting on the characters and more vibrant, contrasting colours in the envioronments.  It also looks pretty 60 FPS-ish outside of the boss battle footage, unless that's just due to them speeding up the sequences for the trailer's sake.

I think the graphical revamp's best aspect its use of colors.  The game was already decently vibrant and not at all unpleasing to look at, but it now looks a lot more colorful than ever and that's great.  It still looks extremely archaic, though.

In all honesty I haven't played the game...yet, I just find it hard to belive that the game is that bad, the only legit complaints I heard are backtracking and controls (and sticks), also level design but thats very subjective so ill have to see on that one.

What is so hard to believe about a Sonic game having problems, particularly one you haven't played? We're not talking about a new Mario game here.

• Thumbs Up 4

You won't, people already confirmed it's a licensed piece of music for the trailer, you can listen to it in full here:

whaaa    °c°!!!  first Sonic's singing voice.. and now this?

oww.. i had my fate on the music..geeee then i hope the story can do it in a decent way....

What is so hard to believe about a Sonic game having problems, particularly one you haven't played? We're not talking about a new Mario game here.

To add to this, I don't see why the most notable complaint, the fact that every level is essentially the same and even different parts of the same level are extremely redundant, isn't a "legit" complaint.

I'll be quite honest, as dubious as it may be, I for one actually see more potential for good then bad necessarily with a sequel to Shattered Crystal. Yeah the game, Shattered Crystal itself was nothing to write home about, but really that game at least had more of an idea of what it was doing. I'm actually not too amiss to the possibility of Sanzaru at least learning from their mistakes....not like it would be all wise to just outright abandon Boom gaming outright after sinking so much money into the franchise at this rate.

• Thumbs Up 1

Really, the problem I have with Sega constantly saying they're "improving upon what worked best" with SC is that the things that worked best didn't work great in general.  It's a game that doesn't just need polish, but quite a few things added to it, as well.  Granted, they have done that by adding in vehicle components and more playable characters, but neither of those really satisfy what I mean by that.

GameXplain discussion about the Fire & Ice reveal:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L06JbcKM8mU

... Is it just me, or does D-Fekt look a bit like Orbot?

He does.  It's a nice touch, actually - maintaining stylistic consistency with Eggman's other robots.  Even his orange colour is a compromise between Orbot and Cubot's (as well as, presumably, evoking rust, since he's defective).

• Thumbs Up 1

"Nothing this year"

Sonic 2016 confirmed to be a Boom game D:

In case anyone thought they might announce a Wii U version later. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/608397692025335808?p=p

tumblr_m96jiyrGRq1qjlwa8o2_r1_500.gif

"Nothing this year"

Noooooo I don't want to believe it and it will never EVER happen! ><

EDIT: RubyEclipse is back on NeoGaf!

Hey Neogaf!

It's been ages. Sorry for not posting sooner. :)

As some of you may have heard, I'm back at SEGA now. When they let me out of the cage, I even get to post about Sonic on the Facebooks and the Twitters and across the internets.

Today, I got totally free and I got to post this news about Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice. So far, It's a pretty solid game but Sean Bean dies in the last cutscene. I am sorry, Sean Bean.

Real talk, though: notable changes to the formula this time over last year. I've been clarifying this around the net, but didn't want to forget you guys:

- No Wii U version this year (and no infinite Knuckles jump)

- Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice is being built by Sanzaru, who made Shattered Crystal last year.

- While Shattered Crystal was definitely the stronger of the two titles, there was still a fair bit that the teams wanted to change and improve. This time around, they're putting a lot of effort into taking fan and press feedback and building from it.

As an example, a key complaint last time around was that the levels felt too large, and took too long to complete. Levels this time around are being streamlined to play much faster, and the pacing has also been adjusted to match.

There's a lot more to talk about on this one, but I humbly offer myself to the wolves in order to help answer your questions and say hello. As long as your question isn't "Sega y u do dis", and I can respond, I'll do my best to jump in!

- Aaron

Edited by Gabz Girl
  • Thumbs Up 7

I think it's pretty safe to say Boom is here and it's here to stay.

I know SatAM got some fanfare during its zenith but holy shit Boom's marketing is on steroids.

There's the cancellation of the comic, sure, but I think it's a safe bet they're just merging it with the Digests or something.

It kind of makes me ponder what will happen when the cartoon ends... if that's any time soon.

• Thumbs Up 1

One thing i dont see changing and it's a slight annoyance is that it looks like the game still takes control during the loops section

guys... they listened to us.

ee39a0cddc17d788db532c9b1e2f4a40.jpg

Doooooon't yooooou belieeeeve it.

Doooooon't yooooou belieeeeve it.

That is about as believeble as  Ian saying the comic was not canncled due to either sales or Sega.