Awoo.

Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice

Radiant Hero Ike

Well I heard Sanzaru has listened to fan feedback and is taking their advice under consideration. I won't lift my hopes too much for this game since I learned my lesson from ROL.

*flashbacks to when I played it after pre-ordering it* So much money down the drain! I got my hopes up and this is what I got. WAHHHHHHH!*flashback ends*

Ugggghhhhh never again.

Well I heard Sanzaru has listened to fan feedback and is taking their advice under consideration. I won't lift my hopes too much for this game since I learned my lesson from ROL.

*flashbacks to when I played it after pre-ordering it* So much money down the drain! I got my hopes up and this is what I got. WAHHHHHHH!*flashback ends*

Ugggghhhhh never again.

The problem is not fan feedback and something. Most important problem is that It's not seem to have unique features that makes satisfy for fans and users.

So. Your decision is right. Don't hype about this game.

"What do you get when you mix fire with ice?"

Me: An ice cream truck on fire?

• Thumbs Up 1

Really nice boxart, looks way better than Shattered Crystal that's for sure! However, I'm still gonna wait and see how this reviews. I'm not optimistic though despite their comments about listening to feedback and trying to fix as much as they can.

then they will make another game and all will be good again cause it will sell well anyways!

I'm not so sure about that. Both Sonic Boom games sold worse than Sonic Lost World. Combined. The reason why SLW didn't sell so great is because it came out before the Wii U had a bigger install base and possibly word of mouth of it not being too great. The Boom games sold badly because people could tell they were crap from the get go!

Now unless the next Sonic Team game is absolutely mindblowingly amazing (or nostalgia pandering) it's going to sell well, sure. If it ends up being a major let down though like SLW, which still sold okay...well, that's it.

Also you guys keep saying that they took the ratings off the video but

wM1LUDB.png

That's not the original video. 

The first one was apparently A LOT worse. Think it was a Nintendo account that posted it. 

• Thumbs Up 1

My first thought was, "oh look, another Monster of the Week." But apparently it doesn't betray Eggman? I'm betting it will during the final boss, similar to Chaos. Yay. Eggman's position on the cover makes me think it will. He's overlapping the hero and villain aura, off to the side, nearly unnoticeable.

It would be nice if the Colors/Generations trend of Eggman's schemes playing straight would return.

I'm okay with Eggman being usurped once in a while (even he's not perfect), but it would be nice if not every thing he creates/awakens/enslaves turns against him.

Once again. It was a joke based on the fact Sega has given Archie Sonic a mandate that Eggman can't have a victory over Sonic.

And no, it doesn't have to lead to the hero being killed. You could just as easily have Eggman beat Sonic, capture him, and have his friends save him. I'm honestly surprised they let up on the mandate so Sonic can be robotized in the Worlds Unite storyline.

You mean the hero can lose temporarily

as Ian has repeatedly said SEGA lets him do

Story spoiler alert:

Sonic will evaporate at the end of Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice, marking an abrupt ending to his 24-year reign of terror.

Anyway, after the initial 'surprise' of the announcement, all I can say is....eh. It's very clear that these are just TV show tie in games, and I don't expect them to be good. Needless to say, I will probably be skipping this.

• Thumbs Up 1

It would be nice if the Colors/Generations trend of Eggman's schemes playing straight would return.

Honestly, I'm not a fan of the way the ball rolls in those two games either, but that's for different reasons. Actually, I was kinda cool with Generations ("kinda"), since he trumps everyone in the opening cutscene, even Sonic. But I felt it'd been stronger if we knew it was Eggman from the start, preferably in a time-altering battlesuit. Call it "Egg of Time" or something.

I'm okay with Eggman being usurped once in a while (even he's not perfect), but it would be nice if not every thing he creates/awakens/enslaves turns against him.

Yes, it's definitely the frequency. See, that Megaman villain(? I don't play Megaman so I don't know) is usurping Willy and him in that crossover and I'm cool with it since Archie Eggman gets a fair amount of villain credit, particularly in the past. SEGA Eggman... doesn't really get the same. Honestly, he's probably been usurped more times than he hasn't, without even including the Boom titles.

[...]

So is there anything to add from this list of information from yesterday or does this sum it all up?

Story spoiler alert:

Sonic will evaporate at the end of Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice, marking an abrupt ending to his 24-year reign of terror.

So that's why he's blue.  He was made of water all along.

So that's why he's blue.  He was made of water all along.

And yet he can't swim.

That's not logic. That's SEGA logic.

• Thumbs Up 1

And yet he can't swim.

That's not logic. That's SEGA logic.

It's the same logic behind making a sequel to a meh game that didn't sell well at all.

• Thumbs Up 3

"We have established the merchandising already in stores so the message is pretty clear what Sonic Boom is."

A cash-in, basically.

Seriously, they really emphasise the merchandise in nearly every interview. It's be like if you had interviews with Iizuka and he was like "Sonic's got a great amount of merchandise so you should pay attention to it" every time.

• Thumbs Up 1

I am given hope due to the fact that Sega acknowledges that the first game wasn't that well liked by many and that they are listening to feedback. I don't know how much merit that hold for you guys but I'm satisfied at the moment.

I played the demo for Shattered Crystal and I had a fun time, hopefully this game will be fun in small bursts.

So I've been playing both SC and RoL to refresh my opinions and I still can't see the "ABSOLUTE SHIT PLEASE KILL YOURSELF SEGA" aspect of it, but I can however see the way people say Shattered Crystal is the better of the two. When it actually came down to doing anything else than backtracking and finding stuff I was actually having sort of fun. I guess my blabbering of hate for it before could have been partially fueled by my bias against Sonic Unleashed's medal and backtracking system (and in fact the whole game really) but I'm still not super pessimistic about this. If it's about going through a bunch of levels and fighting bosses instead of going through a couple levels a bunch of times and fighting a boss then I think it won't be any worse than other 2D portable installments.

Still, imagine if this simply hadn't had the Sonic Boom theme to it. Would we have reacted the same way at all? I don't think so.

This pretty much sums up my whole oppinion on the matter if this game was called "sonic rush 3" people would probably be a lot more optomistic. The main complaint im hearing is that the level design is "the same s**t from before" but honestly it acually looks pretty good, if anything i'm more concerned about the game being too speedy! I'd rather have a labrynth game than a "run really fast in one direction and occasionally jump over stuff/mindless speed" game...maybe thats just me Idk :P

I'm not so sure about that. Both Sonic Boom games sold worse than Sonic Lost World. Combined. The reason why SLW didn't sell so great is because it came out before the Wii U had a bigger install base and possibly word of mouth of it not being too great. The Boom games sold badly because people could tell they were crap from the get go!

Now unless the next Sonic Team game is absolutely mindblowingly amazing (or nostalgia pandering) it's going to sell well, sure. If it ends up being a major let down though like SLW, which still sold okay...well, that's it.

Shadow sold well, 2006 sold well, secret rings sold well, unleashed sold well...you get the idea. I don't really think it matters, putting sonic in a game makes it familliar enough. unleashed wasn't exacly "the best game ever" or anything and it didn't have a scratch of nostalgia on it (unless you include the sonic x rumors about it). As for lost world it acaully sold pretty well considering the wii u was selling pretty bad, if compared to how well the original wii sold (and properly ratio-ed) it technacly sold better than colors! Heck, even Sega themselves said the game almost reached thier financial profit goal!! So yeah, sonic is fine, arguably more fine than he was before!

• Thumbs Up 1

Well everything was fine until the series took a Sonic Boom in the games. 

This pretty much sums up my whole oppinion on the matter if this game was called "sonic rush 3" people would probably be a lot more optomistic. The main complaint im hearing is that the level design is "the same s**t from before" but honestly it acually looks pretty good, if anything i'm more concerned about the game being too speedy! I'd rather have a labrynth game than a "run really fast in one direction and occasionally jump over stuff/mindless speed" game...maybe thats just me Idk :P

Not really, because it doesn't play Sonic Rush at all, just like Sonic the Hedgehog 4 doesn't play like Sonic the Hedgehog 1, 2, CD, and 3&K.  I don't think you'll have to worry about excessive speed sections, because the game is pretty slow, even when making use of the pretend "boost" button.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well everything was fine until the series took a Sonic Boom in the games. 

Well it really depends on how much Sega spent on it, Sonic Team is probably working on another game as we speak. Also people outside the internet probably haven't even heard or bothered to even care about boom (outside that cat commercial anyways), so i don't think his reputation is ruined in that regard.

In other words I do belive the fad will die out and people will look back at the games as mere spinoffs, similar to SR and BK. I think patience is key here, as long as they keep consistent the games will improve, the only real concern is that it ends up bieng "consistently not what you want"!

I was being silly anyway, a mock up of the "Arrow in the Knee" meme if haven't known but I'll agree with ya. I thought the games were pretty average, with RoL only being bad because it's unpolished. I mean, there's not much to these games to call them atrocious when they're pretty serviceable licensed action/adventure platformers. But eh, watcha gonna do I guess.

This pretty much sums up my whole oppinion on the matter if this game was called "sonic rush 3" people would probably be a lot more optomistic. The main complaint im hearing is that the level design is "the same s**t from before" but honestly it acually looks pretty good, if anything i'm more concerned about the game being too speedy! I'd rather have a labrynth game than a "run really fast in one direction and occasionally jump over stuff/mindless speed" game...maybe thats just me Idk [emoji14]

Oh, yeah, SSMB is well known for going easy on Dimps.

Normal level progression? Alright, that bumped down my pessimism for this game quite a bit. The mandatory collectables were what ruined Shattered Crystal for me. I enjoyed the demo but when my brother got the full game and I saw its true bullshit, it killed my enjoyment.

Speaking of positives, I admittedly do kinda like the fire and ice concept. It reminds me of Mighty Switch Force.