Awoo.

Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice

Radiant Hero Ike

Yeah that was back from June, and even then that was an event most of the fanbase doesn't even know about. if you expell that when was the real last time we heard about this game?

oh didnt notice that. First time  I've. Seen it so yeah your right

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah that was back from June, and even then that was an event most of the fanbase doesn't even know about. if you expell that when was the real last time we heard about this game?

Err...June I think? Before that even, since Fire & Ice had no presence at E3 nor will it make an appearance at Gamescom. This is certainly not reassuring me that this game will do good btw. Show don't tell and all that.

Edited by Gabz Girl

Yeah see, and before with shattered crystal it seemed like we were hearing about it all the time right? I know thats its only been a month and 18 days now since announcement but these embargoes seemed more drawn out then usual.

I speculate that the lack of news stems from a lack of anything to actually show.  Even with the noted improvements over its predecessor, everything still points to this being just a rehash of the previous game.  I don't know else they could possibly show, save for the fire/ice mechanics and Amy, without revealing the entire game.

I guess but even so, not even small gameplay previews or anything no fanfare on this game at all. I'm just wondering if we are waiting on an embargo or something?...

I guess but even so, not even small gameplay previews or anything no fanfare on this game at all. I'm just wondering if we are waiting on an embargo or something?...

Sega's been so busy with the move and everything. Probably haven't had the time or money to show it off at events. Same goes for most Sega games this year.

I've been watching some Sonic Boom episodes (hardly possible) and NO! I will never try the "boom" games. EVER!

Let us hope this "down period" will get past Sega asap!

For info: 

Boom Fire and Ice was not at gamescom.

Or if it was, absolutely nobody in the world played it or reported it

• Thumbs Up 4

You just knew about this now? Nintendo revealed their list of games a few days ago and Boom wasn't there.  

Ok.

For info: 

Boom Fire and Ice was not at gamescom.

Or if it was, absolutely nobody in the world played it or reported it

Then, let's focus on TGS 2015.

On-topic: I think there could be a possibility that this game's release might be delayed next year. If that so, Shadow will be a playable character in Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice.

Off-topic: He could be a playable character in Sonic Dash 2: Sonic Boom, too.

Uh...why? I don't see any reason to delay the release, nor any reason that it would be. Is there something that came up? There's no source to anything you're saying. I see even less reason to add another wall of objects that need a certain character to get passed. Moreover, I think five characters is enough for the game, and it's not like Shadow wouldn't just play like Sonic anyway. An alternate costume at most, but they're not going to delay the game because fanservice.

Maybe because of a double-screen boss battle? But I find Sega good enough at making that feature in Sonic Colors DS.

Uh...I'm pretty sure the boss battles were all finished before they even put out the trailer, which already shows it working fine, and doing two screens for one game is something we've had since Sonic Rush. It's not going to delay the game, and even if it did they'd then devote their time to making it work, not throwing Shadow in because reasons.

The game is being developed by Sanzaru Games, not Sega.  Thus, Sega's standards for level and boss design don't necessarily apply here.  In any case, I don't see this game being delayed.  If there is ever a conflict with the release date, I think it's more likely we'll see content cut to make the deadline than we are to see the game delayed to allow further development time.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Sega isn't doing any appearances at any trade shows currently. It's not just Sonic Boom, it's any Sega console/PC games this year. They're very hard to find at any events.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Sega isn't doing any appearances at any trade shows currently. It's not just Sonic Boom, it's any Sega console/PC games this year. They're very hard to find at any events.

Sorry for the off-topic, but who attended a booth within two new Total War games at Gamescom 2015? Wasn't it Sega?

Sorry for the off-topic, but who attended a booth within two Total War games at Gamescom 2015? Wasn't it Sega?

What about Yakuza 5? Fighting Climax? Any of the Sega 3D Classics? Hatsune Miku 3DS? Football Manager? (Well, I imagine FM had to be there somewhere being a U.K. event.)

Also, was it a Sega booth or was it at someone else's booth?

The point is, a lot of Sega games are coming out this year, but they're not really showing them off much if at all. I don't think it's as much of a case of them hiding Sonic Boom (or they definitely would have done it last year) as it is they're barely making a showing anywhere due to the downsizing.

Edited by Jason the Jackass

I've been wondering about this game recently! So no real new news on it? They've only released a trailer with minimal in game footage... Hopefully they start hyping it up more! We're in a dried out ocean of no Sonic News atm...

Yeah, honestly I think hyping it up more would only waste money, since the only people who're going to buy it probably already know about it. It's not as if it's even really going to be hard to predict what goes on.

One thing's for sure, if they don't advertise this game anytime soon you can bet it's going to bomba harder than Shattered Crystal. 

I feel like the only reason Sega's seeing this game through at all is because they probably already had it in development before they realized just how badly RofL (and well, the Boom initiative in general, at least as far as games are concerned) would tank. If they don't quietly distance themselves from everything bar the TV show as though it were made of undistilled cancer right after they're done with this I'm going to be pretty surprised.

• Thumbs Up 4