Awoo.

Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice

Radiant Hero Ike

Boy you all are so fancy with your tucked in pants and your pessimism. I think Shattered Crystal at it's core was fine, it was just drawn out with Sonic Unleashed medal walls and people's opinions blocking your path. If this doesn't do that, it could be fine.

Except it wasn't fine at its core.  It was a repetitive platformer with boring gameplay elements and clunky controls.  If you liked the game, fair enough, but don't act so high and mighty about it.

• Thumbs Up 8

I'm legitimately wondering if Sega has something against using Eggman as a villain. I mean he's the main fucking villain of Boom and still for some reason, he hasn't been the main villain in any of the three games. It's a total joke.

It also seems to have some of the worse elements of the Boom series. Of all the characters they could have, the Lightning Dolts, Dave the Intern, something, they bring in that fucking annoying Gogoba leader who guilt trips everyone? IT ISN'T FUNNY SEGA. IT'S ANNOYING.

It looks the exact fucking same as Shattered Crystal as well. Only with Amy, and adding Ice blocks. Woo fucking hoo. The only things I can give it is the graphics look better (Which isn't saying much because the original game's graphics were completely lackluster for 3DS standards). The music in the announce trailer is good I guess? and the cutscenes look nice. Other than that. This looks like the same average shit that was given to us last year.

This means there's less chance of Sly 5 happening.

What does this mean? Crappy, uninspired music likely, lackluster gameplay, and another game to add onto the pile of games that people use to say Sonic sucks. 

It's a fucking sad thing where I can't expect these kind of graphics: 

20110817004020!Sonic_Generations_-_Green

and this kind of music: 

from Sonic games anymore. I was expecting some great to be announced on PS4 and Xbox One. Not another lackluster average piece of crap on 3DS AGAIN.

You know what's worse? There's no excuse. Shattered Crystal didn't sell well. In fact, Rise of Lyric and Shattered Crystal were the worse selling games in the series' history, and yet we still get this shit?

I have one question Sega? Why do you hate money? Why do you hate Sonic? and Why do you hate your fans?

• Thumbs Up 3

Well... eh.

I played the demo for Shattered Crystal last year, it was dull and boring, for me, and I'm not seeing big changes between that and Fire & Ice, from the trailer. Maybe if they drop the maze nonsense and quicken the pace, it could be a better game, but right now it's just there. Again. Which is how I feel about Boom overall. I suppose it's a good thing this spin-off franchise really doesn't get any kind of reaction out of me.

All I hope is that this and the Rio Olympics isn't all Nintendo's getting out of SEGA.

Oh man, please not Pontac and Graff, please oh dear God not Pontac and Graff.

I've been asking for this for the last five years. I'm not optimistic about them being gone, right now.

Remember when they announced this exclusive deal and I said 

"Well I guess I won't be playing any Sonic Games for the next three years" 

And you all said.

"Don't be silly, it won't be a Nintendo Exclusive for that long"

Who would have guessed we would both be wrong....

It's going to be 4 years.

Right now honestly, I want Sonic Boom games to stay away from PlayStation. PlayStation or Xbox isn't missing anything.

Was it really too long to go without shitting out another game? I mean, this is absolutely ridiculous. 

But it was hilarious how fast this whole fucking thing exploded. 

The only thing I'm interested in is knowing if Shadow is returning or not. If he isn't, then I'm honestly stumped as to why they even introduced him to the bloody Boom universe anyway!

Mother of God I can't believe it's been four years since we had a Sonic game on anything else besides Nintendo platforms...I need a moment...

tumblr_m80h9wyd491rn95k2o1_500.gif

• Thumbs Up 5

The only thing I'm interested in is knowing if Shadow is returning or not. If he isn't, then I'm honestly stumped as to why they even introduced him to the bloody Boom universe anyway!

For the fanboys. That's the reason, whether or not he returns.
  • Thumbs Up 4

This must've entered produciton before finishing Shattered Crystal. I can't otherwise understand why SEGA would do this. The first sold terribly and was critically panned. On the top of that, they already have a Sonic game releasing this year on the same platform...

• Thumbs Up 1

Mother of God I can't believe it's been four years since we had a Sonic game on anything else besides Nintendo platforms...I need a moment...

tumblr_m80h9wyd491rn95k2o1_500.gif

Fan pandering and hoping that it'd be enough to boost sales.

I guess SEGA are continuing full steam ahead with the Boom games despite how shit Rise of Lyric and Shatter Crystal were.

Honestly, this game looks rushed, dull and no doubt will be crap like the others.

Another Nintendo exclusive game which won't sell well.

Urgh......seriously. Wtf SEGA?

350x700px-LL-8a289421_3204840swsw.gif

I think this OST can sum up most of our reactions. 

All I have to say is if they have to make sequels might as well be from the better version.

Besides that yeah, I still haven't picked up any Boom games(waiting for a price drop or a sale) so I don't see me getting this anytime soon. In fact I'm a lot more inclined to buy the Olympic game one. 

Honestly... I rather did enjoy Shattered Crystal. It wasn't the perfect handheld Sonic game, but I did enjoy what I played. I think the only real negative I had with it was the writing for the story itself. I felt that Pontac and Graff really did flop hard with the bland comedy, and I just really hate how they wrote Knuckles in the game. It was just terrible. 

So, after watching the trailer... I'm actually somewhat excited to get this game. It'll probably be a day 1 purchase for me. The core gameplay style seems the same which I'm fine with, but I'm hoping the new levels are pretty fun to play through. I'm mostly questioning the fire/ice gimmick the game is having. On one hand I can slightly see it adding a bit more fun to the levels, but on the other hand it really does just look like a pointless gimmick that was added on. Yeah, I'll have to see how this'll be like when I play it. 

Also, why are some people acting like Shattered Crystal was a "train wreck"? Last i recall, it was Rise of Lyrics that was the train wreck, and Shattered Crystal was overall seen as meh from the beginning and end. Shattered Crystal was never really seen as the game people were really talking about the most. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Of course it's going to be rushed. This game only had a YEAR OF DEVELOPMENT (less than that maybe!)

Boom games are looking more and more like shovelware.

For the fanboys. That's the reason, whether or not he returns.

as a shadow fanboy I can confirm this statement to be true

I do hope he returns, though. I like him in Boom!

Also, why are some people acting like Shattered Crystal was a "train wreck"? Last i recall, it was Rise of Lyrics that was the train wreck, and Shattered Crystal was overall seen as meh from the beginning and end. Shattered Crystal was never really seen as the game people were really talking about the most.

• Thumbs Up 3

Of course it's going to be rushed. This game only had a YEAR OF DEVELOPMENT (less than that maybe!)