Awoo.

Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice

Radiant Hero Ike

The real story here is that despite the game coming out in 3 months time.... it was not shown at a Sonic event.

... ... it's totally being worked on. They're just adding polish... everything is fine.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Hogfather said:

The real story here is that despite the game coming out in 3 months time.... it was not shown at a Sonic event.

... ... it's totally being worked on. They're just adding polish... everything is fine.

635849783498725733-633145440_d.jpg

Yeah. So... Jesus, I mean, what can be said at this point? We've heard of basically jack shit about this game since June other than the delay that they announced back in November. I mean, this is baffling. I don't think I've ever seen this happen to a Sonic game before.

1 hour ago, shdowhunt60 said:

635849783498725733-633145440_d.jpg

Yeah. So... Jesus, I mean, what can be said at this point? We've heard of basically jack shit about this game since June other than the delay that they announced back in November. I mean, this is baffling. I don't think I've ever seen this happen to a Sonic game before.

I have, once.

Hmmm, I won't deny that the lack of information is quite absurd and I guess it's only fairly rational to question what's really going with this game but I don't know. I lack any sort of background knowledge on how these things work, I pre-ordered, I'll get it and play it and manage to convince myself that it was worth the money for the rest of the year.

Spoiler

Just kidding, still holding it out for it to be a good game.

4 hours ago, Hogfather said:

I thought that the game was coming out in February.

Just now, Dejimon11 said:

I thought that the game was coming out in February.

Japan it's dated for March.

Spoiler

In the west it's coming out whenever Sanzaru stop making VR games and actually start work on the game.

Did we ever really got a legit release date for the game?

Like I recall plenty of people assuming that F&I was going to come out in the November (though most Sonic games do come out at this time so fair enough guess) before the delay so I can't even tell when it will really come out with the delay. I placing my bounce pads on mid to late 2016.

Ahh, did I miss something?

>Finds out it's a false alarm

tumblr_nzqb3xG0h51tj7l97o2_400.gif

2 minutes ago, Soni said:

Like I recall plenty of people assuming that F&I was going to come out in the November (though most Sonic games do come out at this time so fair enough guess) before the delay so I can't even tell when it will really come out with the delay. I placing my bounce pads on mid to late 2016.

I just hope that the Boom cartoon comes wee bit after that, I've a feeling it's connected after the game, (Like how the show takes place after ROL/SC)

7 minutes ago, Soni said:

After the delay was announced, play-asia put up a date of around march 2016 for Japan. So... yeah....

Just now, Hogfather said:

After the delay was announced, play-asia put up a date of around march 2016 for Japan. So... yeah....

Well, happy birthday to me. I guess.

8 minutes ago, Hogfather said:

Well blow me down, I didn't knew that. Then time to blow all on March 2016!

Well, RoL and SC both came i Europe and America before in Japan. Doesnt that mean that we should get the game again first?

5 hours ago, Shadzter said:

So, yeah, we're probable going to have to wait until April-June time.

That's a lot of polish.

15 hours ago, Shadzter said:

NoA is saying Q2 2016

https://www.nintendo.com/games/releasecalendar

NoE: 2016

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-3DS/Sonic-Boom-Fire-Ice-1025449.html#Gallery

So, yeah, we're probably going to have to wait until April-June time.

They're probably placeholder dates, since SEGA hasn't confirmed when in 2016 the game will be released. 

Are people actually thinking that the game is dead or something? I imagine they're actually taking the time they need to polish and improve the game that they wouldn't have otherwise gotten on Sega's initial release schedule. A year to work on something does not give you the best odds in the world of game development. Let 'em put their heads down and focus, people.

Spoiler

So that way they can get to work on Sly 5 more quickly.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...

Probably both are mere guesses, but they're what made it just sink in for me that Fire & Ice is probably going to be this year's handheld game.  What a downer.

At this point, we can only hope that this game will significant improve on things from what was executed in Shattered Crystal. It's like, I really wanted to like the latter game, but it was just too much of a slog to go through (which is just an odd thing to say about a Sonic game, spinoff or not).

• Thumbs Up 1