Awoo.

Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice

Radiant Hero Ike

23 minutes ago, FFWF said:

Probably both are mere guesses, but they're what made it just sink in for me that Fire & Ice is probably going to be this year's handheld game.  What a downer.

Eh, I can't really agree. The Dimps games we've had in the past years aren't much better, if not on the same degree of quality outright.

• Thumbs Up 2

I doubt we wont get some game for the anniversary.

Boom is a sub franchise . we will get something for the anniversary for the main series.

On 1/16/2016 at 3:49 PM, Tails spin said:

I doubt we wont get some game for the anniversary.

Boom is a sub franchise . we will get something for the anniversary for the main series.

The other posts were only referring to handheld titles, in case you weren't aware.

31 minutes ago, Monkey Destruction Switch said:

The other posts were only referring to handheld titles, in case you weren't aware.

I was aware. I was responding to FFWF's comment. And was refering to handheld titles other than Fire and Ice.

Fire and Ice is an american produced and distributed game, doubt it has any impact on whatever SOJ are doing for both console and handheld.

Plus Fire and Ice has the very much potential to go belly up at this point since we haven't heard or seen anything about it in months.

1 hour ago, Indigo Rush said:

Have faith

kUpD3jG.png

News will come eventually

maybe

I do believe in bigfoot! 

But seriously we shall wait and see.

We might get some more news on Hedgehog Day. That or just a random announcement two months before release like what happened with Strange Magic.

24 minutes ago, Gabz Girl said:

We might get some more news on Hedgehog Day. That or just a random announcement two months before release like what happened with Strange Magic.

I'd rather we didn't if it meant we got an official SEGA announcement of Sonic Boom season 2 (and perhaps a trailer to go with it). February is a whole month, though, so I suppose we could get both...

However, to be honest, for the game, I'm actually kind of expecting your latter scenario.

Given that Fire & Ice showed up in SoJ's Happy New Year tweet...

...Then I would suggest it is not facing any threat of cancellation.  This would have been the perfect opportunity to completely brush over the title after we hadn't heard anything about it for months, but SoJ went out of their way to remind people that the game existed, recently.

With that said, I don't expect much in the way of promotion for it when it does come out, either.

• Thumbs Up 7

I remember when the news broke that this game was coming out and my reaction was a non-reaction due to placating the fact that a few months down the line no one was going to remember or care about its existence within the community as a whole. I'm still astonished that there was actually someone who thought that was wrong. 

I feel the intense hiatus it has is the only thing that's making it stand out. When it does come out, it'll have 24 hours to be talked about and then it'll fade into obscurity. 

People usually have to think really hard just to remember the 3DS Sonic titles in general so it being Boom does not spell much hope for it's success. The only thing it has going for it at this point is the fact that it's not coming out on the Wii U.

If they had done that they might as well have said "Sonic Boom: Fire and Ice. Coming to a Landfill near you."

• Thumbs Up 2

Soooo we didn't get anything on Hedgehog day. Woof.

Is this really not coming out until the summer? I don't get it, it's going to bomb either way so why not release it now??

It's getting aggravating. They're doing precisely the wrong thing in a catastrophe. When something is going horribly wrong, you don't shut up and say absolutely nothing, you communicate a very clear plan.

1 hour ago, Gabz Girl said:

Soooo we didn't get anything on Hedgehog day. Woof.

Is this really not coming out until the summer? I don't get it, it's going to bomb either way so why not release it now??

I figured, being a tie-in game and all, this would release when season two of the show airs, or at least pretty close.

• Thumbs Up 1

Nintendo recently released their Q3 fiscal year report, and in the upcoming games list, it turns out Fire & Ice is among them.

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2016/160202_2e.pdf

Guess this means F&I is just an insignificant, unmarketed game quietly floating through the currents of development, but confirmed to still be in the pipeline for release nonetheless.

Which takes away 40% of the interest the Sonic community could have had in it in the first place, from what I can tell. No PR to turn molehills into mountains out of, and no element of mystery regarding whether it's the first Sonic game to be canceled in a long time or not, with the other 10% wondering if it'll turn out as a good Sonic game due to delay.

Oh well, not like we'll need more stuff to make a ruckus out of once the rest of the 25th anni info rolls out.

41 minutes ago, Mikyeong said:

Turns out this game isn't dead after all

I called but people shot me down saying pontac was writing for the unannounced game since fir and ice was already known about.

Probably the best place for Pontaff's talents.  It is interesting that the game still has nothing even resembling a release period, though.  Is it seeming increasingly likely that this is going to release late in the year as the Boom and 3DS component of the anniversary celebrations?

I kind of already figured that Pontac would be writing for Fire & Ice since he and Graff wrote for Shattered Crystal and because we can pretty much expect them from the games at this point.  Even if this particular bit of news was related to Fire & Ice, I still wouldn't rule out that in all likelihood, he'll be involved in whatever anniversary game gets announced if one ever does.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ah, but wouldn't it be great to have the anniversary game written by the guy who knows the series lore extremely well not just by skill, but by necessity?

42 minutes ago, Inspector Shaddy said:

Ah, but wouldn't it be great to have the anniversary game written by the guy who knows the series lore extremely well not just by skill, but by necessity?

Well, Iizuka already wrote the Rivals series, so I'm all for it!

I know what you really mean but I can't say I agree. Which is ironic coming from the Archie reporter.

If we're talking about Flynn here, I'd rather he start writing the series if they went a whole new direction altogether than picking up on an anniversary title of all things.

And if we are talking about Flynn here, I'd also like to ask that we keep that discussion in the Pontac and Graff retrospective thread, so that we don't have the same arguments happening in two different parts of the board. XD

• Thumbs Up 2