Awoo.

Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice

Radiant Hero Ike

You got to consider this as well: SEGA kinda shot themselves in the foot too with the whole Nintendo exclusive thing. I bet you they would have done way better if they had stuck to multi party releases.

Not necessary, isn't it easier to program for one console? And aren't most of Sonic fans also Nintendo fans (ironical I know)?

Still, I'm not having any hopes for this game, it will be generic at best. If I don't put my trust in it, it can't hurt me.

The Nintendo exclusivity deal is a red herring if you're talking about anything other than Rise Of Lyric; all the other games would have been Nintendo-exclusive anyway.

13 minutes ago, FFWF said:

The Nintendo exclusivity deal is a red herring if you're talking about anything other than Rise Of Lyric; all the other games would have been Nintendo-exclusive anyway.

To summarize, since 2013 we've had:

• Lost World, which fits in with the Secret Rings / Black Knight / Sonic Colours column. I doubt it was going to be on any other consoles; however, without the deal, maybe we could've gotten a PC version at launch? Hmmmm. I'm definitely interested in seeing what happens the next time we get a game in that vein.
  • The Mario & Sonic games. For obvious, plumber-related reasons, they're pretty much automatically Nintendo-exclusive.
  • Shattered Crystal on 3DS. There hasn't been a Sonic game on the Vita at all (and there probably won't be, at this point), so I think it's fair to assume it was only ever going to be on 3DS.
  • Aaaand everything else that comes to mind has been mobile games.

That being said, I have to wonder if there's any games we don't know about (yet?) that were postponed, or maybe even cancelled, once the deal was made. We may never know.

• Thumbs Up 8

• 2 weeks later...

I can't say I'm excited for this game to finally come out. The first Sonic Boom games were abysmal...and for some reason SEGA wants to make another one? Did the awful reviews mean nothing or? Oh well, I'll try and keep an open mind. I'm glad they pushed the release date instead of rushing it last year. Maybe we might get something good, who knows?

Aaron revealed that Fire & Ice is coming September 27! I knew my pre-order will save this game!

Don't suppose anyone snapped a pic of the date...? I forgot to. XD Also was it for NA specifically? I only noticed the date itself.

1 minute ago, True Detective Soni said:

Aaron revealed that Fire & Ice is coming September 27! I knew my pre-order will save this game!

It would be epic if season 2 of the cartoon premiered around that time. As for the game itself, I'll look forward to it more when we get a new trailer.

• Thumbs Up 3

Y'know, adding the elemental powers to the show would definitely spice up the fights a bit.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, Inspector Shaddy said:

Y'know, adding the elemental powers to the show would definitely spice up the fights a bit.

What if there was an episode about them to tie in with the game? That sure would be something.

• Thumbs Up 3

4 hours ago, Hyper Enesephus said:

What if there was an episode about them to tie in with the game? That sure would be something.

Meh, Not really. That just would be tie-in. It's not a mind blowing new innovative idea, nor is it reason assurance that either of them (game or episode) will be high quality.

• 2 weeks later...

The UK release of Fire and Ice will be on September 30th which has been announced on Nintendo Europe's Twitter. 

54 minutes ago, BlueTidalGamer said:

The UK release of Fire and Ice will be on September 30th which has been announced on Nintendo Europe's Twitter. 

That's a mere three days after the US release date (Sept. 27th, a Tuesday).

I can't get really excited for this game until they show us actual gameplay footage to determine if it got any better, so I know I can't exactly take Aaron's word for it.

On 3/20/2016 at 9:15 PM, Inspector Shaddy said:

I agree, it would definitely make the fights more interesting at the very least and also the idea of having an arc based on this game would be pretty cool too.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm pretty sure the Japanese trailer for Fire & Ice came out a long time ago because I remember giggling like an idiot when I heard the EPIC orchestra music playing instead of Hyper Potions' Porta Vista.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...

Aside from there being islands to go to, how else is it like Rush Adventure? Do you have to get to these islands through touch-screen sea-chart minigames or something?

Geesh, they delayed this game for a full year, yet it only has 6 levels and 4 boss fights? What a load of garbage! This does not sound any better than Shattered Crystal. And they said Rise of Lyric was worse?...

Six exploration-based levels doesn't necessarily mean six levels total. Maybe. We know there's additional bonus stages at least. 

Wait why do I even care to correct that I'm not buying this. 

• Thumbs Up 2

29 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

Geesh, they delayed this game for a full year, yet it only has 6 levels and 4 boss fights? What a load of garbage! This does not sound any better than Shattered Crystal. And they said Rise of Lyric was worse?...

Game content/length and game design are two different issues entirely. 

And yes, RoL is worse than Shattered Crystal. Having more padding does not a better game make.

• Thumbs Up 7

Plus isn't Fire and Ice a Metriodvaniah game? I'm sure it'll have a heavy emphasis on exploration. 

• Thumbs Up 1

OH SWEET FIRE & ICE NEWS!

*one read article later*

oh, it's more or less the same stuff. I knew about the Ragnium stuff, D-Fekt becoming D-Fektive and that kind of stuff. But it's interesting how the Ragnium makes these fire and ice-based obstacles so I guess maybe with Sonic and the crew collecting Ragnium allows them to manipulate fire and ice at will, due Ragnium radiation and stuff. I don't know I doubt Pontaff would give a solid reason for it. And only 6 stages? Well Shattered Crystal had 8 so it's a not a huge downgrade and since there's going to be more stages than just the Worm Tunnel stages from SC, there's going to be more playable acts in F&I. 

Overall, it sounds like it's a decent improvement over SC but yeah yeah, gameplay first and then we'll see and stuff.

• Thumbs Up 2