Awoo.

Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice

Radiant Hero Ike

You guys sure are dismissive of last-generation hardware

Its not like Sonic Unleashed was on the PS2 or anything

• Thumbs Up 1

In any case, this has nothing to do with Fire & Ice and really isn't contributive.  If you really want to share a one-off sentiment with no supporting content, you can do that in the status updates.  If you want to actually make a case for why there needs to be a Sonic game on PS3, you might try making a topic with actual body and discussion.  At SSMB, we foster a vocal environment and expect users to put a decent amount of effort into explaining why they feel a certain way.  One-off, one-sentence posts, especially in discussions of little to no relevancy, don't fly here.

So I'll ask everyone to please return to the topic at hand... for whatever little there is to talk about it.

• Thumbs Up 7

Does anyone think Perci will appear in this game and possibly have a second chance of being playable? I really hope for her to show up.

I mean I recall Aaron saying that some characters that we see from the show will appear in the game's cutscenes if I recall correctly so there could be a chance that Perci could appear but as a playable character, not a chance.

9 minutes ago, Miru said:

Does anyone think Perci will appear in this game and possibly have a second chance of being playable? I really hope for her to show up.

I doubt it.  This is a sequel to shattered crystal. And as we saw both games show no knowledge of the other to the point that in SC Lyric is an unknown villian to Sonic and crew. 

So Perci will probably not show up. Even if it did happen it's already confirmed tha their are only 5 characters playable. Sonic tails, knuckles, sticks and amy.

2 hours ago, Tails spin said:

I doubt it.  This is a sequel to shattered crystal. And as we saw both games show no knowledge of the other to the point that in SC Lyric is an unknown villian to Sonic and crew. 

So Perci will probably not show up. Even if it did happen it's already confirmed tha their are only 5 characters playable. Sonic tails, knuckles, sticks and amy.

They did mention unlockable characters.

12 minutes ago, Miru said:

They did mention unlockable characters.

Where, I did a quick google search and all I found was unlockable character theme bots.

11 minutes ago, Tails spin said:

Where, I did a quick google search and all I found was unlockable character theme bots.

Here

They could just be the bots, however.

2 hours ago, RobbieTheLebeau said:

People are still talking about boom?

Let's not do this, yeah?  It's not really contributing and just sort of spammy, to be honest.

1 hour ago, Blacklightning said:

The PS2 had ridiculous staying power that wrapped all the way through the next gen, and it had an extremely popular current gen equivalent (the Wii) which was almost as weak as it, allowing titles to be ported between them easily and cheaply. Neither of these things can be said for the PS3 and 360, which have practically ridden out the last of their relevancy in the console race.

Not to mention people are getting kinda sick of downgraded ports of higher def games? Unleashed wasn't the only case of this - almost the entire handheld lineup since Colours is symptomatic of it. And while I can't speak for everyone, I know I'd personally want games to be built with the system's strengths and limitations in mind rather than be a cheap imitation of an experience only made possible by stronger systems. I fault the Boom series for a lot of shit, but at the very least they still had the sense to make two separate games entirely when the systems concerned were so vastly different.

And also I asked people to get back on topic.

• Thumbs Up 8

• 2 weeks later...

Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice will get a Launch Edition, including a DVD with three Episodes from the TV Series - "Chili Dog Day Afternoon", "It Wasn’t Me, It Was the One-Armed Hedgehog" and "It Takes a Village to Defeat a Hedgehog". It's available for pre-order.

According to the SEGA PR, Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice will be playable at E3. The demo is at the SEGA / Atlus booth in the West Hall.

Source: Nintendo Everythinghttp://www.sonicthehedgehog.com/

boomfi-launchedition.jpg

• Thumbs Up 4

Love how we have a special launch edition for a game which we've not seen footage of for over a year. 

6 minutes ago, Detective Hogfather said:

Love how we have a special launch edition for a game which we've not seen footage of for over a year. 

Don't really see a reason to complain about it seeing how Sega's launch editions usually cost as much as what it would normally cost new. It's basically a free extra if you get the game early. I'd much rather have them include something like this than day 1 DLC anyway.

2 minutes ago, TimmiT said:

Don't really see a reason to complain about it seeing how Sega's launch editions usually cost as much as what it would normally cost new.

Whose complaining, merely pointing out how ridiculous it is to pre-order a game which we know nothing about.

• Thumbs Up 1

Worth mentioning, going off the PR and previous releases, that the launch edition is US-exclusive. 

...because otherwise SoE would have to lift a finger. 

• Thumbs Up 3

HAHAHAHAHA

Seriously though, I wonder if the game looks and plays any different now from what we last saw. Can't wait to find out.. XP

Anyone noticed the DVD is based around Sonic's rivals? Knuckles with Chili Dog Afternoon, Metal Sonic with One Armed Hedgehog, and Shadow with It takes a Village. 

7 minutes ago, Gabz Girl said:

HAHAHAHAHA

Seriously though, I wonder if the game looks and plays any different now from what we last saw. Can't wait to find out.. XP

Maybe Amy's chipmunk face is fixed...

...yeah didn't think so

Just now, Diamond said:

Anyone else buying the game ?

Also, i hope Europe gets the DVD.

Eh, I will. I'm not expecting greatness, but I like this pre order bonus, and I thought Shattered Crystal was okay... at best, but whatever. I'm not terribly difficult to please, at least not for one playthrough.

AW YEAH BOI! I knew holding onto that pre-order was worth it!

Was it though? All I'm going to get is just a DVD of some Boom-isodes?

You know what, fuck it I don't care. I'm so gonna get my 

And it's cool that Fire & ice will be at E3, really curious to what updates the game has since the last time we've seen any footage since the Joypolis event.

Not sure if this is a better preorder bonus than the Shattered Crystal pre-order bonus, but either way, it's not really making the game any more enticing.  Still going to wait for it to go down in price at secondhand shops.

It's pretty sad that even going some lengths of putting up this kind of Pre-order, we still "eh" to the game as a whole. Though to be fair, they really haven't shown us anything of new footage so I don't really know what to expect honestly.

Well considering that we'll get to see some footage from E3, here's hoping that it will gauge some sort of interest although based on what I'm seeing in Facebook, Fire & Ice is trending with the Launch Edition being revealed, with a good amount of people hoping that it's better than Shattered Crystal. It might not mean a damn thing but there seems to be some sort of attention to the game.