Awoo.

Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice

Radiant Hero Ike

Still need to know what "better" means.  I mean, some basic improvements upon Shattered Crystal's core gameplay would make it better, but that still doesn't mean "good."

• Thumbs Up 2

Uh, no offence, but there doesn't seem to be any kind of "attention" to the game. You can say that they delayed it a full year, fucking up a few promotions for the game in the process, but then you also need to keep in mind that I think someone proved it wasn't even being worked on for a year, which is what caused the delay.

12 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Uh, no offence, but there doesn't seem to be any kind of "attention" to the game. You can say that they delayed it a full year, fucking up a few promotions for the game in the process, but then you also need to keep in mind that I think someone proved it wasn't even being worked on for a year, which is what caused the delay.

If I remember right, the whole "hasn't been worked on in a year" thing was never fully confirmed, but it was highly speculated and seemed likely given the evidence.

Though it wouldn't surprise me, either way.

I was hoping they were going to show a new trailer and stuff but nope.

At least we can find out whether the gameplay has improved like they said.

I wonder if Shadow and Metal are going to appear in this game though...

To be honest the prospect of something clearly stated to have corrected most of the problems the already better version of the 2014 game seems enough to me. Whether or not that year was spent doing a ton of work, the delay was a good choice because people needed a chance to cool down from all the shit they had to create to throw at Rise of Lyric, and if it released last year, it's reception would be riding the coattails of how hard people tried to hate that game.

It still will be doing that, mind you, it is a Sonic game after all, but it'll be less so.

• Thumbs Up 1

So where did all the polish go?

Fake Edit: This really has just been sat finished on a shelf hasn't it?

• Thumbs Up 5

Were those used clips-footage from the show? It looked like there were clips from the show...not very good.

• Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

Were those used clips-footage from the show? It looked like there were clips from the show...not very good.

I believe they were yes.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I do believe that we see some new cutscenes around the 0:18 mark. If you can call it a cutscene though.

Fake Edit 2: 

OK there are some graphical improvements, pictures to follow soon. But yes this new trailer does show some major improvements (graphically) over the original one.

Yeah, I think at least a couple of those clips were new. The one with Sonic and Amy, and Eggman's laser song, specifically, are ones I don't remember seeing elsewhere.

Game still looks like balls, though. Gameplay's as dull as it's been since Shattered Crystal.

• Thumbs Up 3

Pretty bad sign IMO that the actual gameplay footage took up less than half of the trailer, even for a trailer that's one minute in length. There were more clips of the show (or new CG cutscenes made for the game, your guess on which of the two it is) or bullet point text about the game and its features than actual gameplay; and even then the gameplay clips are barely over two-three seconds. For comparison's sake, the original Fire and Ice trailer and the debut trailer of Shattered Crystal showed more/longer gameplay footage of their respective games.

Though if that's supposed to be "new" footage of the game in its "latest" state after being delayed for a year...then I can see why they seem to be showing little of it. The gameplay shown doesn't look substantially different compared to when we first saw it.

We'll probably get a better idea of how much has actually been changed when the game is showcased at E3 next week, but "my suggestion would be to expect few to no changes, so that if or when you do notice any minor updates in the final game, you’ll appreciate them."

• Thumbs Up 3

If this is the same section, then you cannot deny that there has been an improvement to the graphics at least. 

If this is a different level, lol.

3vxPvDt.png

For the most part it's a huge difference, unsure if some of the differences are better, but it is a huge difference.

Fun Fact: Original Trailer was released on June 9th 2015.

Today's trailer was release don June 8th 2016.

Almost a year to the day.

• Thumbs Up 2

>Sonic spins fire around what looks like some nitrogen gas coming from some cold thingy

>Amy smashes her ice powered hammer on said cold thingy, which subdues it more successfully

the fuck

Wait a minute, people forget the most important thing: does the trailer use music from Madeon? 

Well that trailer was ........ underwhelming to say the least. Men.

4 minutes ago, Detective Chameleon said:

Wait a minute, people forget the most important thing: does the trailer use music from Madeon? 

Nope.

4 minutes ago, Detective Chameleon said:

It does not from what people on Twitter are saying.

There are  only 3 clips from the show, 2 being from the opening(still shouldn't have been)...every other clip shown was a cutscene. 

Just now, Gabe said:

Pretty bad sign IMO that the actual gameplay footage took up less than half of the trailer, even for a trailer that's one minute in length. 

I think the split between footage was actually pretty even.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, aside from graphical improvements the game still looks the same. So the delay was for no good reason.

13 minutes ago, Detective Hogfather said:

If this is the same section, then you cannot deny that there has been an improvement to the graphics at least. 

If this is a different level, lol.

3vxPvDt.png

For the most part it's a huge difference, unsure if some of the differences are better, but it is a huge difference.

Alright, fair enough.  Not only are there more bells and whistles to the background, but there have been actual changes to the gameplay, too.  The blank stone wall on the left is now an ice wall, indicating that a new route has been added there since the last version.  Also, on the HUD, the crystal shard counter doesn't show up in this area any more (I think maybe it's just not present when you have zero shards, though), but to emphasise speed there's now a timer in the top middle!  ...Which is cut off slightly, indicating a shoddy editing job on footage which is slightly zoomed-in to look more impressive for the trailer.  But at least that's not a gameplay flaw!

So, yeah, they actually did something, I'll give them that.

10 minutes ago, Operationgamer17 said:

Nope.

That's great news. Something good did come out of this trailer.