Awoo.

Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice

Radiant Hero Ike

18 hours ago, Blazing Flare said:

sonic-boom-2.jpg

sonic-boom-1.jpg

Holy shiz. I know this has been said before, but they really outdid those cgi cutscenes! 

LOOK AT THAT SINISTER EGGMAN! :o

Also they get these powers from a mysterious energy? I thought it had something to do with D-Fekt messing up with the enviroment and all.

Eggman reminds me of the Sonic Advance opening.

• Thumbs Up 6

640?cb=20160625120127

Wait, so that green crystal thing is Ragnium?!

oh.. 

And I didn't see the post above doooh.

10 hours ago, Mikyeong said:

b9d0847a48c3e5948724d983a8dff846.gif

nqM2yp1.gif

Here have a gif from the stream of Fire and Ice

yeah the stream was not good picture but Sonic has ice powers and you can use them to boost through the level. the game itself it past paced and all the characters are fast. There is also a team action and you can pick and chose which character you want to use for a section.

Everyone's fast? Hurray!

4 hours ago, Operationgamer17 said:

Trailer from the Joyopolis party in Japan. 

Yesss... A sinister Robotnik for once... And Sonic's scarf actually makes sense now.

Again, like I said this just looks like Shattered Crystal with Fire and Ice bells and whistles added on top of it. Still not seeing the so called improvements.

This is sad to say, but despite how promising the game may seem, this will be the first Sonic title I've ever not planned on getting.

I've never been much into handheld Sonic games (besides the Advance games), I much prefer the console titles. Just a preference though, I hope the game is a dream for everyone who does plan on getting it. I've read that it's supposed to be very similar to Shattered Crystal, and I really didn't care for the game. The levels were too big and I didn't like that you had to collect certain items to proceed in the story. A lot like the single reason Sonic Unleashed isn't my favorite Sonic game.

But hey, I still like the cartoon. :)

Conversely, Shattered Crystal was the first handheld Sonic game in a while which I didn't get - but I could see myself getting F&I, as it seems quite a bit better than its predecessor.  It depends on people's impressions of the full game... and, honestly, whether or not I end up with space for it in my schedule, as my gaming backlog isn't going to disappear any time soon.  I can't prioritise Boom the same way I would mainline Sonic.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 6/25/2016 at 2:21 AM, Shaddy the guy said:

Well that would be even better, Dio Brando is fucking awesome. 

Just imagine if Sonic games had the kind of impactful and iconic fight moments like the road roller drop.

509982-87de351764c9bfe88be24bbbf7581690.jpg

This is the worst edit I've ever made

I know this is late, but you know shadow does not have .... the enthusiasm to be dio, Jotaro though. Oh yeah.

On 6/25/2016 at 10:02 AM, Blazing Flare said:

640?cb=20160625120127

Wait, so that green crystal thing is Ragnium?!

oh.. 

And I didn't see the post above doooh.

I wonder why this thing is important.

Yeah, but even Jotaro mellows out a fuckload in Diamond is Unbreakable and Stone Ocean. Shadow is kinda agitated most of the time, and only calm when he's around people he likes. He's like a reverse-Josuke.

Anyway, we've got some new trailers showing off a couple cutscenes including the villain, D. Fekt (probably not the dumbest-named character, I haven't read the comics in a while, but definitely up there).

Oh goodie.  Those clunky submarine sections are back and look almost completely unaltered.

I have to say that the cutscenes are the most interesting thing we've seen of it so far.  They look really well done.

• Thumbs Up 3

14 hours ago, Shaddy the guy said:

Yeah, but even Jotaro mellows out a fuckload in Diamond is Unbreakable and Stone Ocean. Shadow is kinda agitated most of the time, and only calm when he's around people he likes. He's like a reverse-Josuke.

Anyway, we've got some new trailers showing off a couple cutscenes including the villain, D. Fekt (probably not the dumbest-named character, I haven't read the comics in a while, but definitely up there).

To be fair so does shadow actually. Boom shadow,not so much it seems.

On the subject of the trailers glad they are showing more of thigame. Maybe people will preemptively like it less.

As fkr the villians name, it sounds like a white rapper from the 90's from a rap rock group.

Looks like more of what I liked about Shattered Crystal with some added gimmicks that look pretty fun and an extra character. Still gonna have the large stages it seems, but as long as level unlocks are done better there's nothing wrong with that. Enjoying what I'm seeing so far!

I really like the opening cutscene.  Very beautifully made.  The plot isn't super engaging, but it's fun enough for me.

The music in the first level is also super well done.  I can't wait for that to be ripped!

The gameplay just looks like the same old stuff, though, so I'm not impressed.  Plus the grahpics during the gameplay portion are still awful.

• Thumbs Up 1

Amy's cute as all hell in that intro, glad to see she's not being a naggy wet blanket in the game the way she was in the show.

That opening scene was good, nothing really bad about it as far as I can tell.  I doubt it'll be a great story but this could atleast be a good one by Pontaff and some assistance from the writers.

2 hours ago, Tara said:

Plus the grahpics during the gameplay portion are still awful.

Welcome to Nintendo consoles, especially handhelds lol. Impressed that it can even handle such beautiful cutscenes, though a trip over to the Vita would prove to be far more attractive...just wouldn't sell as well. :/

10 minutes ago, BradAric said:

Welcome to Nintendo consoles, especially handhelds lol. Impressed that it can even handle such beautiful cutscenes, though a trip over to the Vita would prove to be far more attractive...just wouldn't sell as well. :/

I've played enough 3DS games to know that they're capable of handling graphics much more sophisticated than the PlayStation 1.

• Thumbs Up 5

So the just gained new powers from a radiation leak? It seemed to just happen, not even a short scene where it does a close up of them flinching from whatever that was. That's really great, and that sound Fx for Sonic jumping off those floating ices...also good.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

So the just gained new powers from a radiation leak? It seemed to just happen, not even a short scene where it does a close up of them flinching from whatever that was. That's really great, and that sound Fx for Sonic jumping off those floating ices...also good.

I was actually wondering that myself.  Watched the cutscene and suddenly they're talking about their new powers and I have no idea what prompted it. XD

1 hour ago, Tara said:

I've played enough 3DS games to know that they're capable of handling graphics much more sophisticated than the PlayStation 1.

Barely. It's ridiculously under powered. It's fun, don't get me wrong, but it's kind of garbage in terms of hardware. This is actually the exact level I expect from a 3DS game and every once in awhile I'm pleasantly surprised to see something slightly more decent.

• Thumbs Up 1

What kind of games have you been playing on the 3DS? Shovelware and licensed games? The 3DS is perfectly capable of great graphics, as Yo-Kai Watch shows:

The models look great and the character animation looks as good as the anime.

I would go on, but Tara got ahead of me. As for your question abour that Opening cutscene, it's a movie file, it's not running on the game engine obviously.
  • Thumbs Up 4

I don't think any of those screenshots you posted look "miles" better than this. They look slightly better, but frankly, none of them look particularly great. I'm looking at everything you posted side by side and I stand by my original point that this is to be expected from the 3DS. Even Yo-Kai Watch, posted directly above here, does not look half as good as your comment would have me believe.

I dunno, it's interesting because I think we all agree this game doesn't look particularly wonderful graphically...but I think you're out of your mind if you think those other 3DS titles really look all that much better (with the exception of that last shot of Knuckles). They look slightly better, but not enough to be worth commenting on.

As for what I play on 3DS, just about everything lol. It's a fantastic handheld in terms of games, just god awful in terms of graphics, and you're kidding yourself if you think otherwise. I mean it's an improvement on the DS to be sure (which I'm amazed you think this could run on...you must not have played DS recently) but it's severely lacking.

• Thumbs Up 2