Awoo.

Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice

Radiant Hero Ike

11 minutes ago, SSF1991 said:

I'll be honest.

I keep forgetting this game is a thing.

The only person who remembers this game is Soni, but that's because he has an empty spot in his wallet because of it. =P

• Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, Tara said:

The only person who remembers this game is Soni, but that's because he has an empty spot in his wallet because of it. =P

WOW! 

You know what you're probably right but hey, someone had to give a shit about this game, pre-order it, buy on the first day and talk about how GREAT* it is!

Spoiler

*When I mean by great, I might probably mean it's atleast not as tedious to play through as Shattered Crystal with some slight control tweaks but with the same meh level design but with a hopefully improved story/dialogue.

And no, that's not what's making the empty spot. It's because of the all the damn gifting I've been doing for nearly a year! From Undertale to gifting Donnie the Hunies and so much more that I don't want to ever talk about again.

But yeah, a month from now; Fire & Ice is coming out.

As ol' Tara roasted me for; I'm probably the most excited for it. Suffice to say, I'll atleast expect a good time playing through it and hope it doesn't bog down too much.

Oh yeah and tots gon watch that 3 episode DVD after I 100% the game at that same day! XD

• Thumbs Up 7

2 hours ago, Kabalni said:

WOW! 

You know what you're probably right but hey, someone had to give a shit about this game, pre-order it, buy on the first day and talk about how GREAT* it is!

Hide contents

*When I mean by great, I might probably mean it's atleast not as tedious to play through as Shattered Crystal with some slight control tweaks but with the same meh level design but with a hopefully improved story/dialogue.

And no, that's not what's making the empty spot. It's because of the all the damn gifting I've been doing for nearly a year! From Undertale to gifting Donnie the Hunies and so much more that I don't want to ever talk about again.

But yeah, a month from now; Fire & Ice is coming out.

As ol' Tara roasted me for; I'm probably the most excited for it. Suffice to say, I'll atleast expect a good time playing through it and hope it doesn't bog down too much.

Oh yeah and tots gon watch that 3 episode DVD after I 100% the game at that same day! XD

I'm still looking forward to it too. I'm just not as vocal about it

• Thumbs Up 4

So here's the gameplay video for Fire & Ice. To be honest, I am super hyped for this and I don't even own a 3Ds. The game is smooth, fast~just the way Sonic games were meant to be.

• Thumbs Up 1

The actual movement does admittedly look better (emphasizing again that Shattered Crystal also looked okay in its previews) but the level design still doesn't impress me, as I've echoed before.  Nice to finally see some new stuff though.

That racing segment looks to be fairly uninteresting. Not much gameplay otherwise, but it looks like it won't be a bad game. 

I suspect it'll be at least as good as Sonic Generations 3DS. That is to say, a few great levels, with a bunch of mediocre levels and a few bad levels. Or, by normal gaming standards, average. I would appreciate a reminder that Sonic handheld games are generally great though, hopefully this'll be it. 

I'll get it when it drops in price. Unless it turns out much better than I expected (which would be fantastic)

I'll be picking up the game day one, but I can't say I have high hopes for it. SC was functional. That's the best praise I could give the poor thing. The bar is set pretty low for Fire and Ice, and I feel like it should fare better than its predecessor... but that's not saying a whole lot.

I'll give the thing a whirl. Beat it and assess it from there. If anything, I'll at least enjoy the pretty cutscenes. It'll be like a holdover for Season 2 of the show.

Sooo I found a pretty positive article on the game with a butch of gameplay videos attached to it. I think some of them are new. I dunno. 

Oh and here's a new cut-scene. 

I don't think this game will be "bad". As others said before, I think the only downfall of this game would be it's title. The last two games did tarnish the series pretty badly. 

• Thumbs Up 5

Wow, they EVEN made cutscenes for the challenge acts as well?! That's awesome! Really got to hand it to Pontac/Graff and the assistance of the Boom writers, I really liked that cutscene!

Another nice bonus, when Sonic, Tails and Amy found the PA speaker too loud; they actually do cover their ears and now where normal ears would be. I know that's like a big deal for some people because that's a common error and stuff.

Yep, I can have some confidence that the story and dialogue for this game is going to be really fun!

• Thumbs Up 5

Man, the gameplay looks so basic and boring. Run run run, jump over a pit of spikes, energy zip over a pit of spikes, break ice with fire, freeze water with ice...run some more...

I really wish I could be more excited about this. It looks better than Shattered Crystal, but that's saying so, so little.

Wow, they're really going all-out on making sure this thing is better, at least in presentation. That cutscene was better than the script of Shattered Crystal in it's entirety.

• Thumbs Up 5

7 minutes ago, PC the Hedgehog said:

Man, the gameplay looks so basic and boring. Run run run, jump over a pit of spikes, energy zip over a pit of spikes, break ice with fire, freeze water with ice...run some more...

I really wish I could be more excited about this. It looks better than Shattered Crystal, but that's saying so, so little.

While other sonic games are like this too. Boost Boost, dodge dodge. Grind rails over bottomless pit, jump , boost a row of enemies run

Maybe its only the first few levels that are like that and the later levels will require more work from the player?

3 hours ago, Tails spin said:

While other sonic games are like this too. Boost Boost, dodge dodge. Grind rails over bottomless pit, jump , boost a row of enemies run

Yeah, and it seems a huge chunk of the fanbase doesn't hold that style of gameplay in particularly high regard either.

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, Operationgamer17 said:

Not only that, but all the waste that’s created as a result of Dr. Eggman’s mining is sent to nearby islands, completely covering some areas with fire and ice.

Not sure if that means Sega is going back to their early 90's environmentalist approach or not. XP

8 hours ago, CottonCandy said:

Sooo I found a pretty positive article on the game with a butch of gameplay videos attached to it. I think some of them are new. I dunno. 

Oh and here's a new cut-scene. 

I don't think this game will be "bad". As others said before, I think the only downfall of this game would be it's title. The last two games did tarnish the series pretty badly. 

The cutscenes are looking to be the best part of the game, though the competition isn't really that staff.  But really, the cutscenes are beautifully animated and I quite like the character exchanges.  Definitely something I'll have to... look up on YouTube later.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 02/09/2016 at 3:40 AM, Mikyeong said:

So here's the gameplay video for Fire & Ice. To be honest, I am super hyped for this and I don't even own a 3Ds. The game is smooth, fast~just the way Sonic games were meant to be.

Nice. I am so looking forwards to this game. Sonic looks a bit faster and I'm really liking how it looks.

Definitely looks more promising than SC, I get a bit of Advance/Rush series vibe of that gameplay which I like. I'm a little worried there is not much depth in the levels and things will get a bit straightforward but it was probably meant to be designed and play that way. I don't know, we haven't seen much still. I wanna try this. Looks fun.

Honestly the cutscene quality and dialogue is probably the only interesting thing about this game for me.

Tunnel stages look insane, but that's literally the only thing I can say about the game play.

• Thumbs Up 1

So NintenDaan posted a whole bunch of Fire & Ice footage.

Looks like the Sea Fox sections are now going to be their own levels so the level ends when get all the items, I guess that helps since adding the Sea Fox into the stages isn't really that good of an idea since these sections are better off being in their own level.

We also got footage of the Hovercraft stage and it looks fine, short and simple. Race against the clock and finish the stage while avoiding obstacles, not too different from the Worm Tunnel stages from Shattered Crystal.

We got some clear footage of the "Fissure Tunnel" stages and yeah, doesn't look much different from the Worm Tunnels from Shattered Crystal excpet ya know, collect Dragon Rings to get more Rings and you occasionally have to switch from Fire/Ice to progress. 

We also got Bot Racing footage, looks no different from those races between Sticks/Shadow/Metal Sonic from SC but this time you have to go through 3 laps instead of just going for the goal. I could see this as getting pretty boring quickly (though I guess you could say that for pretty much everything about this game so far XD)

We also got a look at another level, Sand Drift. What I instantly notice is that the Map isn't in a Blueprint visual style like it was in SC, still not sure if it'll be blank when you first enter it. Though it does seem like it's more streamlined but there are still areas that you can explore so that's neat.

And finally we got some footage of the second boss in the game, which seems like is made out of fossils and gas/tar idk? I still find it very amusing that one of its attacks is that it blows fucking bubbles to hurt you and then passes out, leaving it vulnerable. I'd say that gives the game some personality, if you ask me.

• Thumbs Up 1