Awoo.

Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice

Radiant Hero Ike

8 hours ago, Tara said:

Haven't played more than one level of that, but it's still just one game out several. XP

Point being Sanzaru are more easily able to communicate with, and F&I was changed based on feedback from SC allot quicker then a typical DIMPS outing.

I do want 1 more Sanzaru game just to see what they can do with the feedback from F&I and to complete the 3 game sonic handheld cycle.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, VEDJ-F said:

In the words of a certain green crocodile, you can't win 'em all. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Though I do agree that this game alone isn't sufficient to save the poor reputation of the Sonic Boom games, at least for now. And he's clearly not just crapping on it because its Sonic -- he's giving valid reasons to dislike the game, and reiterates that its just a preview and that he's still going to give the game a shot when it comes out (a good sign that he's not biased). Though I do disagree and say that the game looks decent-to-good and good for a bit of fun, I can see where he's coming from and respect it.

42 minutes ago, goku262002 said:

Point being Sanzaru are more easily able to communicate with, and F&I was changed based on feedback from SC allot quicker then a typical DIMPS outing.

I still can't agree with that, because the improvements that we've seen are mostly cosmetic or don't really fix any of the core problems with the game.  So far, it feels less like they listened to advice and more that the game just naturally evolved into what it is.  That is, the same game with the expected amount of incremental tweaks.

• Thumbs Up 5

3 hours ago, goku262002 said:

I do want 1 more Sanzaru game just to see what they can do with the feedback from F&I and to complete the 3 game sonic handheld cycle.

Just because they say they are taking in criticism, doesn't necessarily mean they are using it constructively.  

Just to say, when I made that comment I didn't know Sonic 4 and Sonic Lost world 3DS were both made by Dimps. Now I that know that, I think It's sad to see Dimps dropping in quality. I really enjoyed Sonic Advance and I love Sonic Rush. But, even after this small fall of theirs, I still want Dimps to return, in hope that they make another great handheld series game. Sonic Colours DS was pretty recent and good. 

Only reason why Colors DS was soo good is because it was already an existing engine and they didn't have to focus on building much else. I do consider it Rush 3 though just to finish off those line of games.

15 hours ago, VEDJ-F said:

"The problem with all of that though is that everything is so painstakingly obvious. All of the obstacles I saw were labeled with what you need to clear it. There I was, running around as Sonic because he’s the fastest, until I hit some stupid wall that only Amy can clear with her hammer. I do it, and carry back on as Sonic. There’s really no point to it. I didn’t need to think about it for more than half a second, it just serves as an extra unfun thing for you to do besides just running right. It exists to distract you from the otherwise lifeless level design."

This is EXACTLY what I was talking about earlier! Do the developers really think players are so dumb that they need to flat-out tell them how to overcome obstacles?! It's not a puzzle if the solution is spelled out for you! This was the one major issue I had with Shattered Crystal that I didn't see addressed up to this point, and it's too late to change it now. And the platforming looks as dull, clunky, and on-rails as before.

Yeah, I'm gonna pass on this. Sonic Boom may have given us great merchandise, comics, and a TV show, but the only good game it's produced is a mobile endless runner. And I'm afraid that doesn't look to be changing any time soon.

• Thumbs Up 5

19 hours ago, Forte-Metallix said:

This is EXACTLY what I was talking about earlier! Do the developers really think players are so dumb that they need to flat-out tell them how to overcome obstacles?! It's not a puzzle if the solution is spelled out for you!

They think children are that dumb (even though they aren't), after all Sonic Boom is aimed primarily towards children.    

Another possibility is that they looked at games like Sonic Rush and Sonic Advance 2 and thought that people disliked it when people weren't blatently told how to use a new system (the trick system). The real problem in those 2 games was a lack of tutorial though.

I wonder if Sanzaru's claim that they were "listening to the crtics" was all beloney. It seems like they just had a brief look at what the critics thought and changed the game according to that. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/17/2016 at 8:52 PM, Operationgamer17 said:

New gameplay footage from Tokyo Game Show. 

I'm loving the second level. It feels a lot like something out of Sonic Rush and the fast switching between Fire and Ice shows a lot of promise for the mechanic.

Look what I found at walmart:

Spoiler

CswIVCAXYAAW5vO.jpg

Didn't even bother buying them though. I'm really low on money. That said, I'm not even sure if they will sell these yet.

1 minute ago, Jeffhog said:

Wait, the street date got broken? for realsies?

Well, I haven't asked them if they would sell the game to me yet, but there's a big chance that somewhere out there, people are getting their hands on the game early right now.

• Thumbs Up 2

DUDE NO!

I will be the first person (that's not from Germany) to get their copy of this game! TOO MUCH IS ON THE LINE HERE!

1 minute ago, Soni said:

DUDE NO!

I will be the first person (that's not from Germany) to get their copy of this game! TOO MUCH IS ON THE LINE HERE!

3200 N Ridge Rd, Ellicott City, MD 21043

That's where I found  it. Have fun

...b-but i live in canada....

I mean, I'm dedicated to my Fire & Ice pre-order meme but I'm not THAT dedicated.

• Thumbs Up 1

44 minutes ago, Soni said:

...b-but i live in canada....

I mean, I'm dedicated to my Fire & Ice pre-order meme but I'm not THAT dedicated.

Then you aren't the first.

Just now, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Then you aren't the first.

That was the case when German YouTubers got the game, let me live with my delusions man gosh.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Sephy said:

Those game boxes seem different for a normal 3DS box...is it some kind of special edition?

I recall, when waiting for Kirby Planet Robobot to come out, it being shown in a similar box until it came out. So its likely just a display case.

Though there is a chance that its holding the preorder bonus (the DVD for three episodes of the TV show) as well as a game, so it might be a special edition like you said.

• Thumbs Up 1

Huh, interesting so Fire and Ice is much more connected to the cartoon than the previous two. All the more curious to see what's going down in the story. Does this mean D-Fekt will appear in some episodes of Boom Season 2?

On 9/20/2016 at 7:02 AM, Mad Convoy said:

I recall, when waiting for Kirby Planet Robobot to come out, it being shown in a similar box until it came out. So its likely just a display case.

Though there is a chance that its holding the preorder bonus (the DVD for three episodes of the TV show) as well as a game, so it might be a special edition like you said.

Right-o. That is the special edition. When I looked on top, it had a sticker that said "DVD inside!"

• Thumbs Up 2

Not surprised to see some copies of the game sitting out early. My friend in New York went to his local game shop he always goes to that break releases for games and he said he saw copies of the game already out. 

Buying an early copy really wouldn't do me much since I paid my copy off at GameStop already, and I'm not really in desperate need to play this.