Awoo.

Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice

Radiant Hero Ike

I'm enjoying the game so far. A marked improvement to shattered Crystal. Baby steps but I think if they get another game they can take the good from this game and improve on it just like they did for this one.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Soni said:

I mean, Eggman's new Japanese voice actor was already known if you look at the credits in the Rio Olympics games.

Ahh, I assumed that was reused stuff. Guess not. Thanks!

With how tongue and cheek Sonic Boom tends to be, and that meta joke about merch, I feel like this is an intentional easter egg...

• Thumbs Up 6

Okay, @VEDJ-F went to GAME to pick up a LEGO Dimensions pack and went to see if they had Fire and Ice. Not only did they not have it, they seem to have never ORDERED it. Despite that, it's on GAME's UK site. 

http://www.game.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product2?msg=&searchCount=1&showResultsPage=true&predictiveSearchURL=&beginIndex=0&langId=44&productId=1328046&sType=SimpleSearch&pageSize=40&resultCatEntryType=2&pageView=image&searchBtn=z&searchTerm=Sonic+Boom+Fire+and+Ice&catalogId=10201&DM_PersistentCookieCreated=true&storeId=10151&ddkey=http:AjaxCatalogSearch

This may indicate a late shipment. However, @Stasis went to Toy R Us in Hanley to look at Sonic merchandise and pick up the game. They didn't have any copies of it, but plenty of Shattered Crystal. Again, it was on TYU UK site. 

http://www.toysrus.co.uk/pdp/product.jsp?productId=TRUP1774100001&_requestid=491789

@Ernest-Panda also said the GAME he went to didn't have it. Has anyone in the U.K. had better luck seeing it in retail stores? 

https://board.sonicstadium.org/profile/2604-vedj-f/?status=829387&type=status

Nintendo of Europe is responsible for distribution of the game in Europe, so if anyone is to blame besides the retailers, it would probably be them. 

I imagine the people running the store didn't anticipate much demand for the game considering how poorly its predecessor, SC, sold. I especially suspect this for the Toys R Us considering how many copies of SC were apparently still laying around at that store. And if there's little to no demand, the store is losing money by stocking it, making it pointless to order in the first place. Hopefully they'll hear from the customers that there is indeed enough demand to turn a profit and order some copies soon. If not, well, their loss. You'll just have to find some online retailer to get it.

2 hours ago, Cyrus said:

With how tongue and cheek Sonic Boom tends to be, and that meta joke about merch, I feel like this is an intentional easter egg...

Well, it doesn't seem like the type of thing a developer would put in on purpose and they haven't really joked about it much in the past (the closest I think Boom got to making a flying Knuckles joke was in one of Knuckles's fantasies in the TV show and that wasn't even intended as a reference to the glitch). I think it is really something Sanzaru didn't intend to include. Though I would find it pretty funny if the people behind Sonic Boom decided to just be like "screw it" and make flying Knuckles a running gag. Or if Sanzaru and/or Sega tried to pass it off like they meant to include it in F&I.

Had a look in Tesco on the way home from dropping my girlfriend off. No Fire and Ice there either :s not in any rush to buy it though as I don't even know where my 3DS is right now haha

14 hours ago, goku262002 said:

I love the fact that even though in the Boom canon Knuckles can't glide the games will inherently make it so he will.

Hes born to fly, make it so SEGA!

You stole my words, I was about to post that ahahahha!

Finished it and basically it's a mediocre game. Not good, not bad, just a massive flaming ball of adequacy.

If we're supposed to get another Boom game, I can only hope it has really different gameplay, cause this style makes the games very repetitive.

It looks better than Shattered Crystal, but it still doesn't have correct physics or excellent level design.

It has exceeded my very low expectations, but the game still looks sub-par to me.

Since another day has passed, I may as well ask about this since someone else will eventually bring this up: Has anyone in the U.K. found Sonic Boom: Fire and Ice or Fast Racing NEO in the retail stores over there as of today?

3 minutes ago, Operationgamer17 said:

Since another day has passed, I may as well ask about this since someone else will eventually bring this up: Has anyone in the U.K. found Sonic Boom: Fire and Ice or Fast Racing NEO in the retail stores over there as of today?

I can say that Fire and Ice is ready to buy in Glasgow City Centre with other shops in the city apparently stocking it but with few numbers. I honestly couldn't tell you about NEO though.

Shattered Crystal was not exactly a bestseller, so I can understand them not printing many copies of F&I, or shops not ordering many.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wait. V is a dude?!

Here I thought V was a she all this time. 

But yeah, very strange 

I was pointing out the error in a comedic fashion

But that's besides the point as you said, really what the heck is going on with the distribution for this game in U.K.?!

35 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

We'll probably find out on Monday when the charts are updated. 

Speaking of that, do Sonic games ever really make it to the U.K. charts (and I mean besides the Mario and Sonic game released earlier this year)?

They do, actually. Even Lost World made it in low, and that was a surprise back then because it was expected to be higher. 

Charts are in for the UK. 

Apparently it entered last week, but didn't see it whoops.

Anyway, it never got to the overall sales chart, but it debuted in the 3DS chart at #10, and fell to #12 this week.