Awoo.

Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice

Radiant Hero Ike

I don't see how the game looks even worse, if anything it sounds like a vast improvement. The weight of that remains to be seen however, and I am certainly not getting my hopes up. If it turns out to be good, then fuck me I was not expecting that. But if it's ass like the last two then colour me completely unsurprised and unfazed.

I meant graphics wise. Look at the above screenshots from Hogfather.

I seriously don't know how they have graphics that look even bad for the DS. I mean the 3DS is the console that can handle:

Super-Mario-3D-Land-007.jpg

e3-2012-kingdom-hearts-3d-dream-drop-dis

And those are full on 3D games. Shattered Crystal and Fire & Ice are freaking 2.5D Games!

I swear this looks like a DS game and not 3DS. The same handheld that brought us Kid Icarus Uprising and Kirby Triple Deluxe is releasing something that looks as low polygonal as Sonic Rush.

And it's cool and all that they're acknowledging how the first game wasn't that great, but the improvements they describe are for all the wrong reasons.

I meant graphics wise. Look at the above screenshots from Hogfather.

I seriously don't know how they have graphics that look even bad for the DS. I mean the 3DS is the console that can handle:

Super-Mario-3D-Land-007.jpg

e3-2012-kingdom-hearts-3d-dream-drop-dis

And those are full on 3D games. Shattered Crystal and Fire & Ice are freaking 2.5D Games!

Sonic games have always looked pretty bad in 3DS, so this is nothing new. But if anything, it looks more or less on par with SC visually.

I find it amazing that Sega doesn't understand what made the first two games bad. I really wonder how hard can it be to look at fan feedback and...yeah I just don't get it.

Well IDK, I thought people had said "even if SC wasn't broken, it'd still be boring"? Unless we're talking specifically about RoL.

I don't know, to me, those screenshots look slightly worse.

I thought to myself when I saw a possible new Sonic game announcement...."Hey....this could be good" ..........then I saw it was another Sonic Boom title and I thought to myself "Something good has to come out of this....right?"

And then.....among all the disappoint.... a diamond in the rough....

Honestly, I can't say that I'm happy about anything Sonic Boom related other than the TV series

• Thumbs Up 2

Are people seriously expecting a producer to go to a magazine and say "yeah we know the last game was shit"

And it's not like they're even lying this time, the fact the game's clunky and maze-like in a negative way and that you have to constantly backtrack to collect shit WAS a major complaint

can you please stop making me defend boom

• Thumbs Up 8

Well IDK, I thought people had said "even if SC wasn't broken, it'd still be boring"? Unless we're talking specifically about RoL.

looking at those screens, I thought the backgrounds are good.

The character models on the other hand...

it looks like they're trying to go back to their Sonic 1 roots, and failing.

Is this supposed to be 3D?

Are people seriously expecting a producer to go to a magazine and say "yeah we know the last game was shit"

And it's not like they're even lying this time, the fact the game's clunky and maze-like in a negative way and that you have to constantly backtrack to collect shit WAS a major complaint

Because "broken" and "poorly designed" (while often coinciding) are not the same thing.  You can have amazing control and bad level design, or bad control and great level design.  Shattered Crystal suffers from both bad control and bad level design (more of the latter than the former, but that's just my opinion).

Even if it is bad I'm not too worried. Handhelds tend to be forgotten anyway; only really brought up again when its convenient for a specific conversation. 

That said they should really know better when it comes to sales expectations. It's way too soon to do this again after that disaster before-hand. Granted the reaction to Shattered Crystal wasn't as bad but it was still pretty deplorable from what I could gather.

I can say definitively that the dialogue in Shattered Crystal was far, far worse and the most obnoxious I've ever seen from a Sonic game ever though. Rise of Lyric felt more mixed in that direction but Pontac and Graff just shat all over the bed with that 3DS game. I'd never felt so embarrassed watching scenes from a Sonic game ever.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think I remember them being able to take the criticisms towards Sonic '06 and stride and admit it as a blunder of sorts, though I can't find any links to that, so I don't know.  Either way, I'm not expecting them to say that the game was bad.  I'm just not appreciative of them giving such poppycock reasoning for their failures.  Silence would have been a better response or at least a more honest answer instead of saying that the older generation just isn't use to the new Sonic.

I went into the trailer being optimistic, seeing improved animation with the same quality as the show, and then I see that the gameplay's the exact same shit as Shattered Crystal, but with thesame upgrade as a variant of a board game that I don't even like that much to begin with. Bleh.

Yes, and what they tried to say was the biggest downfall was that Sonic fans expected something they didn't get. Which isn't that major downfall at all

Yes, and if you went on my pay to a magazine and said the truth "the major downfall was that they were rushed buggy games", I'd have said "do you even fucking understand PR and how fast can I fire your ass"

guys... they listened to us.

ee39a0cddc17d788db532c9b1e2f4a40.jpg

See this means nothing to me because the things I dont like about Boom can't be "improved" or "fixed" without changing the entire game into something that wasnt like Boom

Fire and Ice is a type of liqueur here, so that makes me laugh.

Ice-Fire.jpg

er...ok Ice and Fire... one's hot, one's cold alright?! :P

But yeah... odd how there seemed to be no build up to this, is this likely to be the Mach II that we'd heard about? Personally I had a feeling the mach part might've referred to Boom. Uugh, Sega. Well, I suppose  the 3DS game was met with slightly less bile than the WiiU one, right? :D

• Thumbs Up 1

So wait.... Like, is Pontac and Graff writing for this or not?

How the fuck could any of us possibly know at this point?