Awoo.

Boom Sonic now has an Official Costume

Badnik Mechanic

CHIKWJXWMAE7Z6X.png

This pic was taken from the Vegas Licensing Expo yesterday. It's not a fan made thing, it's official. Boom Sonic is now in mascot form. 

Previously it was modern Sega Sonic who promoted Boom, but it looks like Boom Sonic now has his own mascot costume for these things. 

I think the last time a new costume was made for Sonic was... you know... actually I don't know, the 'modern' one who normally appears has been around since Sonic 06? 

There might have been a Silver costume for a short while and for some reason I think there might have been a werehog (not sure), but this is the first new Sonic costume for nearly 10 years?

Still don't think Boom is gonna last a while?

• Thumbs Up 8

They put someone in that costume... That person isn't in that costume for anyone there if that's the sort of event I think it is.

There was indeed a Werehog mascot for "some" measurement of time. He was kicking about the studio during that Ken Balough walkthrough of Sonic Unleashed at E3.

And so many people told me the game would murder Sonic Boom and it would fade into obscurity, that not even the tv show could save it when I said the tv show could be the series life support. Many months later looks like I was the on that was right. I don't whether to feel happy or miserable.

...I really regret not going just cuz of that.

I'm gonna cross my fingers he'll be at E3. But unless Fire and Ice is showcased, unlikely. Hnng.

...Time to plan a trip to the GameStop Expo.

...I really regret not going just cuz of that.

Last day is tomorrow, and we could use some better pics of the Sega booth =D

• Thumbs Up 1

Welp, this all but confirms Sonic Boom is here to stay. 

Doooooooooooooom!

On the plus side, when they're eventually done with it and they've flogged it for all it's worth, they could fill up this costume with sweets and it would make one good piñata. Smacking the ever-loving hell out of Boom Sonic with a baseball bat would be the very definition of catharsis.

Although, having said that, maybe it should be filled with something more like lumps of coal, so that it's more representative of the franchise itself. You go through all the effort to get the damn thing and all you're rewarded with is a hot steaming pile of disappointment.

Last day is tomorrow, and we could use some better pics of the Sega booth =D

I'd totally go if not for the fact I'd probably quickly degenerate into a screaming fanboy.

It's what happened when I saw Sonic at the GameStop Expo in 2013. Or at least, barely suppressed my scream, yoinked my best friend from playing Lost World 3DS, and forced him to take a picture of me with Sonic.

Wouldn't be very businessman-like in this environment though. :P

...I mostly wish there was something more of interest for me to look at. Going down to the traffic Hell that is the Strip just for a few photos sadly isn't worth it at this moment. :(

...I mostly wish there was something more of interest for me to look at. Going down to the traffic Hell that is the Strip just for a few photos sadly isn't worth it at this moment. :(

Nintendo also has a booth, and theres the Batmobile. 

Also just ask Dreadknux to give you gas money, he probably will if it's for TSS.

Sadly that doesn't buoy my enthusiasm much. I'm very limited in my tastes (case in point: I was bored at E3 last year after just two hours, having seen what I wanted to see. Most of my only day consisted of walking around in some thin hope of finding something that interested me before inevitably bouncing back to SEGA or Nintendo's booths, and the latter solely for Smash).

I've also just pulled an all nighter to do coursework so I'd probably look terrible.

Mostly I wish I had an actual business purpose for being there (and while I am looking into licensing, I'm just in the very early stages and it's too late to schedule any sorts of appointments). There's always next year I suppose... and I imagine that year's booth would have a lot to offer being the 25th.

I'm sure better photos are inevitable. There's always those one or two press people who photograph/videotape every single thing.

I'm sorry to disappoint. :(

Still don't think Boom is gonna last a while?

Pffft, anyone who thought that would be foolish right at the starting gate considering how much money and advertising Boom has gotten. Not that there's any legit problems with Boom co-existing with Legacy Sonic.

I doubt anyone's going to want to cosplay this particular Sonic anytime soon lol

I was actually thinking of doing so, since the proportions work better on human bodies to me than normal Sonic's, and he's not so radically different-looking that he'd be unrecognizable. Outside of the tailoring or lack thereof, I really like the official costume. xD

• Thumbs Up 7

So... Who wants to see costumed Modern Sonic and Boom Sonic fight?

Considering that they're both Sonic and neither of them are evil, they'd sooner race each other than fight. That'd certainly be more interesting to see than the typical "Let's You and Him Fight".

• Thumbs Up 6

CHKxjp-WcAAEM0b.png

... Yes I've been waiting all day to do this... it was the first thing that came to mind when I saw that pose.

• Thumbs Up 8

So... Who wants to see costumed Modern Sonic and Boom Sonic fight?

I'll be frank, if they don't have both mascots show up at some event down the line it would seem like a missed opportunity to me.

• Thumbs Up 2

I was actually thinking of doing so, since the proportions work better on human bodies to me than normal Sonic's, and he's not so radically different-looking that he'd be unrecognizable. Outside of the tailoring or lack thereof, I really like the official costume. xD

Sorry, I didn't mean it like that :) I was just trying to make a joke about how because this is Boom universe Sonic people wouldn't want to cosplay him because of how most people feel about Boom as a whole lol I actually do like the costume :)

It's fine; I didn't take any offense or anything. I just thought to use that as a springboard to discuss ideas floating in my head. If any Sonic design is viable for a good looking costume, it's ironically Boom's. xD

• Thumbs Up 1

Maybe both Sonics will show up for the 25th Anniversary Game, together!

It sounds like a cool idea at first, but it probably wouldn't be that interesting in practice... The two Sonics aren't really that different aside from their designs (and even design-wise they're not hugely different), so they wouldn't have that much to talk about and/or do together.

Anyway, the Boom costume is quite nice-looking. The Boom subfranchise is a bit underwhelming to me, but I know it's probably going to stick around for a while, so uh...good? I guess? idk, no strong emotions, but it certainly is nice.

• 2 months later...

11237211_10154116310184896_3778132734075

(Photo by Alan Hockham)

Now with a European edition, it seems.

This one looks like they just took the regular suit and refurbished it a bit, though.

I really hate whoever at SEGA Europe decided "hey, you know what kids need to see? A human's legs in blue tights!"

Edited by Ty the Tasmanian Ogilvie

The irony here is that this store which Sonic is stood in front of is the only store in the UK selling the Sonic Boom toys.

And it's not once re stocked any Boom figures... in either store or website.

• Thumbs Up 1