Awoo.

Disney's Zootopia (March 2016)

Hero of Legend

7 hours ago, AdventChild said:

Wouldn't be surprised like with Frozen and its success that this would have a planned sequel/prequel to go along with it announced after a few months because how big of a hit it is.

Though if it were to happen where do you think they'll take it? Maybe introduce where reptilian and amphibian (and maybe avian) species thrive? Maybe they still adhere to the Predator vs Prey nature and are depicted as more uncivilized and tribal than the modern Zootopia society? Or will it go some other route such as a villain creating animal mutant experimentation to make super soldiers/beings (and make jabs at TMNT and its ripoffs)?

However, I think maybe a Zootopia animated spinoff TV show could work as well too. Especially with Gravity Falls being finished and Wander Over Yander recently cancelled they only have SvTFoE along with the usual Star Wars and Marvel show spinoffs/tie-ins as their legs to stand on Disney XD at the moment.

......Disney XD also has Yo-Kai Watch.......*goes back into corner*

Can't remember where I read it, but IIRC a possible sequel would explore Finnick's background a bit more and we'd get to see why he's so angry all the time. @Crow the BOOLET Would be able to talk more about it since he's the one who told me about it over Skype.

I'm pretty sure they haven't like... made any plans for sequels? From the Q&A and tweets from the director it sounds like they don't even know if they're going to do one, let alone what it would be about, not that they would mind making another film. It's all just speculation at this point.

It was really nice to get clarification that Judy X Nick isn't canon (not that I honestly hate them as a couple) because shoehorning heterosexual romance into plots just spoils it for me.

Yeah, I kinda prefer that Judy and Nick's relationship is kept strictly platonic and doesn't immediately blossom into romance in any potential sequels. I think some people are choosing to take Nick's "You know you love me" line near the end a bit too literal. He obviously said in a half-joking way, not a flirtatious way. I for one can and would happily welcome more heterosexual character Disney dynamics that don't always end in romance. The last film I recall doing that with two leads was Bolt with him and Mittens. Leave the shipping to the fandom.

• Thumbs Up 4

Yeah it's the one problem I have with the How to Train Your Dragon films too, forced romance. There's no reason for Hiccup and Astrid to be a couple, they have no chemistry and the writers don't do anything interesting with that, so what's the point?

That was an awesome documentary, wasn't aware that Byron Howard is homosexual. Makes sense in hindsight why the movie is so awesome at dealing with prejudice. He probably had to deal with it himself at some point, so he would know this stuff.

Aside from that, great demonstration of how wonderful a time it is to be a Disney Animation fan. These filmmakers working at the studio are immensely talented and passionate about what they do.

Random and incredibly bizarre thought:

Do you think Gazelle is in a secret relationship with her tiger dancers/one of them?

On 14/4/2016 at 3:12 AM, SenEDtor Missile said:

Random and incredibly bizarre thought:

Hide contents

Do you think Gazelle is in a secret relationship with her tiger dancers/one of them?

Spoiler

Now I Imagine in an hipotetic sequel they bring Shakira's husband Piqué to voice one/all the tigers

• 1 month later...

So now that the movie has leaked on the internet finally got to properly read Nick's application form:

DDLValley.cool_ztpia.2016.720p.HDRip.X264.AC3-EVO.mkv_snapshot_01.10.27_[2016.05.19_17.03.50].jpg

Even the forms divide the people of Zootopia into 2 groups.

I think the best thing about that form is the question at the bottom where it asks if one has ever been convicted of a felony. He marks "Yes," potentially as a truthful reflex of having done wrong, then scratches it out and marks "No." Pretty funny character moment that otherwise would be missed.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 1 month later...

OK so basically here's what Zootopia was gonna be like originally when Nick was the main character:

And here's the deleted scene from this version that still works perfectly on its own:

• Thumbs Up 1

• 5 weeks later...

For those who don't know, Zootopia originally had a really darker plot, where Prey was the villains, while Predators were bullied mercilessly, and were forced to wear shock collars that would harm them if they had any kind of emotional response. In this version of Zootopia, Nick was the main character who had been constantly beaten down by the world of Preys, and after getting run over, and beat up by the driver, after Judy Hopps gives Nick a "ticket" for messing with traffic, Nick finds his collar removed momentarily, and feels a world of happiness. He decides to create an illegal theme park called Wilde Times that would allow Predators to be freed of their collars for a few hours and to have fun, the whole scheme being disguised as a medical center exclusively for predators. Hopps stumbles upon it but is unable to act due to a crippling fear of predators. Meanwhile, Nick is enjoying his success, but gets worried that someone is out to get him. He goes into his office in Wilde Times, and doesn't notice a shadow. The shadow is an assassin wolf, who shoots Nick with a formula that forces him to go savage as Nick runs wild in Wilde Times, attacking other people against his will and causing mayhem, getting himself arrested and seeing everything crumble around him as his example strikes fear of predators even further in Zootopia. 

The rest of the movie would be about Nick and Hopps (Who ends up getting dragged alone after some antics) trying to prove his innocence while seeing the true horror of predators being mistreated by prey.

It's a really interesting video that recreates the entirety of the original plot. It's an hour long, but well worth it for any animation fan.

• Thumbs Up 1

That creates an entirely different tone from the one we got. I'm happy that that we got Zootopia in its current form and I still would've enjoyed the film and consider it one of my favorites if the original plot was still intact. It's an interesting perspective that got me thinking.

Its funny, because even the original plot would have kept a lot of what they did in the current plot as far as the bigotry, discrimination, and injustice goes.

The current form just made it closer to real life with issues and topics that are still going on today, but with a more flexible message which is what really makes me like it more than the original idea. The original one's tone, however, is interesting to see just how far they could go if it were to actually have came out that way.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just finished watching this movie for the first time not too long ago. Probably one of my favorite Disney movies now :) But I don't know whether I'd want to see a sequel from this or not....