Awoo.

The Best of Sonic the Hedgehog Part2 : True Colors

The Tenth Doctor

45359112.jpg

A nice cover IMO.

Now THAT looks like some super-cool cover art! If I saw that in the shops, I would definitely buy it. Hopefully, it'll get an EU release, and be inexpensive (less than £15 is ideal) - wishful thinking ahoy!

In any case, I can't wait to see the tracklist - it should be a real corker!

• Thumbs Up 2

I also am fine with some more Un-gravitify remixes. The only remix is the one that shows up on the menu on SRZG. That one is EPIC.

MY GOD, YES IT IS.

And that's saying something because I thought nothing of it at first and I hate the original. But then one day, I realized I wouldn't stop singing it...

I want a good, yup GOOD, Super Sonic Racing remix. XD I know I'm corny, but that's all I want!

Can you imagine if there was a Crush 40 cover of My Sweet Passion on this thing? That'd be awesome and TRULY HORRIFYING at the same time.

Can you imagine if there was a Crush 40 cover of My Sweet Passion on this thing? That'd be awesome and TRULY HORRIFYING at the same time.

I can strangely imagine it! I imagine Johnny would sexify the song to the max to level the sort of stuff he'd sing on Dr. Love!

I don't predict anything new from Crush 40 on this album (aside from remixes of previously recorded songs of their's). Any remixes we get will probably be Bentley Jones related, as in maybe a few of those DOAA remixes that were never released.

My predictions:

Shadow SA2

Amy SA1

Rouge SA2

Tails SA1

EGGMAN SA2

Knuckles SA2

SONIC BOOM *CLOSING VERSION* (A bit of a stretch, but you never know)

COSMIC ETERNITY ~BELIEVE IN YOURSELF~ (same as above)

Something from one of the RUSH games

Pretty much every vocal song from SONIC HEROES (aside from Crush 40's stuff)

Silver SONIC 06

Babylon Rougues (at least one version of "CATCH ME IF YOU CAN")

Dear My Friend

Un-gravitify (Cashell Version)

Endless Possibility

And I'm sure they'll probably throw Big The Cat's theme on there.

Also, high-res (also posted in the SSS thread):

truecolors-bestofsonic2.jpg

Edited by Snatcher2047
  • Thumbs Up 1

Alright, now seriously... I want someone to agree with me that this is a horrible cover! The only reason True Blue worked was that it had all of the previous album covers in the background... not to mention that it wasn't eye-blindingly colorful. This looks like something Cream drew in crayon and then handed off to some graphic arts students.

And like I already said, it COMPLETELY misrepresents what is inside. Hell, the only thing that even hints at the fact that the other characters' themes are included is the color coded squares. I suppose it is too late by now to hope that this picture is a hoax?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

That cover looks lovely compared to some of the official album covers today (*coughdaughtrycough*). The cover looks a little like my custom cover for True Blue.

Ooh! A sequel to True Blue is in the works? Fantastic! And, this one is supposed to focus exclusively on the supporting cast? Why, that's positively splendid!

A ~2007 Mix~ of Metal Sonic's theme song was already featured in the original, as well as the new ~Surfin' S.R.A. Remix~ of "A New Venture" (Which I consider to be applicable as Marine's theme) - so I suppose those are two characters that might as well be cut from inclusion here. Personally, I'd like to see some themeless characters be given themes this time around, such as Cream or Blaze. Sure, they've had some tunes that may be indirectly attributed to them, but there's no official theme songs for them as of yet.

Why yes, I would like to see...

"Believe in Myself" [Tails]

"Unknown from M.E." [Knuckles]

"We Can" [Team Sonic]

"My Sweet Passion" / "Follow Me" [Amy]

"Theme of Dr. Eggman" / "E.G.G.M.A.N." [Dr. Eggman]

"Throw it all Away" / "I Am... All Of Me" / "Almost Dead" / "Waking Up" / "The Chosen One" / "All Hail Shadow" / "Never Turn Back" [shadow]

"Fly in the Freedom" [Rouge]

"This Machine" [Team Dark]

"Lazy Days ~ Livin' in Paradise" [big]

"Dreams of an Absolution" [silver]

"What I'm Made Of" [Metal Sonic]

"Prof. Omochao" [Omochao]

"Catch Me If You Can" [Jet]

"Team Chaotix" [Team Chaotix]

"Theme of Chao" [Chao]

"-GUN Mobile-" / "Heavy Dog" / "Blue Falcon" [Recurring G.U.N. theme]

"ZERO the Chase Master" [E-101α]

"Crazy Robo" [E-101β]

"Theme of E-102γ" [E-102γ]

"Heartless Colleague" [E-103δ] [E-104ε] [E-105ζ]

"Theme of Tikal" [Tikal]

"Chaos ver. 0, 2, 4" / "Chaos ver. 6" / "Perfect Chaos Revival!" [Chaos]

"Masters of the Desert" [King Boom Boo] [Egg Golem]

[Emerl]

[E-121φ]

"Supporting Me" [biolizard]

"Boss 7" [G-merl]

"Black Doom" / "Doom's Eye" [black Doom]

"Black Bull" [black Bull]

"Shadow Android" [shadow Android]

"My Destiny" [Elise]

"Iblis" [iblis]

"Mephiles" [Mephiles]

"Solaris" [solaris]

"A New Venture" [Marine]

"Whisker & Johnny" [Captain Whisker] [Johnny]

"Werehog Battle Theme" [sonic the Werehog]

"Dear My Friend" [Chip]

"The World Adventure - Piano Version" [Professor Pickle]

"Boss Battle Night" [Dark Gaia Phoenix] [Dark Gaia Eel] [Dark Gaia Titan]

"vs. Dark Gaia" [Dark Gaia]

... all included on this one tiny disc. I also request that they create themes for Eggrobo, Professor Gerald Robotnik, Maria, Blaze, Cream, the President of the United Federation, the Commander, and Dr. Eggman Nega. I'd prefer if the President and Commander's were instrumentals, thank you very much. I'd also appreciate it if you'd just label "Waking Up" as Omega's theme.

I am fully prepared for disappointment.

Edited by HunterTSF
  • Thumbs Up 1

45359112.jpg

Here's my guess based on the colors shown, from top left:

Tails, Knuckles, Big

Shadow, Eggman, Silver

Blaze, Amy, Gamma

Blaze because no one else is that purple *shrugs*

Wow @ HunterTSF. LOL Expecting a little much are we?

In a semi-related note, considering the fact that "Un-gravitify" will probably be on this release, I just realized after all this time that I typed out an incorrect lyric when I initially posted the lyrics here. It's supposed to be:

"but in dreams are where the nevers UNFOUND" ...not "ARE FOUND" like I originally typed. Unfortunately, just about every lyrics site on the net (and every YouTube video) that has these lyrics has the incorrect lyrics now. :(

Sorry 'bout that. :P

Well, as for my ideas...

sonictruecoloursidea.png

Made this playlist a little while ago as a boredom exercise. It's not in any particular order (other than perhaps importance of character ... vaguely), but it covers every main one.

This playlist actually goes over CD length by 10 minutes though, so some of these tracks will probably definately never make it (I'd be surprised by Emerl, Chaos, or Werehog getting any attention, let alone tracks from Sonic X, and I realise a couple of these appeared on True Blue already).

In order, these tracks cover: Sonic, Tails, Eggman, Knuckles, Amy, Shadow, Cream, Rouge, Big, Chao, Super Sonic, Chaotix, Omega, Babylon Rogues, Blaze, Silver, Chaos, E-102 Gamma, Tikal, Emerl, Metal Sonic, Marine, Sonic the Werehog, and Chip.

Edited by JezMM

Good list, but I'm pretty sure you can just about forget any of those instrumental tracks making the cut, especially say "CHAO" or "TIKAL" or anything from SONIC X.

Alright, now seriously... I want someone to agree with me that this is a horrible cover! The only reason True Blue worked was that it had all of the previous album covers in the background... not to mention that it wasn't eye-blindingly colorful. This looks like something Cream drew in crayon and then handed off to some graphic arts students.

And like I already said, it COMPLETELY misrepresents what is inside. Hell, the only thing that even hints at the fact that the other characters' themes are included is the color coded squares. I suppose it is too late by now to hope that this picture is a hoax?

Yeah, I have to admit, it's passable as a cover, but not as an awesome cover. The CG is nifty and all, but why not take some artistic freedom and DRAW. If anything, I'm a little tired of seeing everything Sonic related plastered with CGI on it just because CG is apparently that more fancier than actual, blood, sweat, and tears filled painting, collage, illustration, etc. that could've looked aesthetically pleasing compared to a generic cover. I'm sorry, but there's a reason why I like Sonic Chronicles: Dark Brotherhood's game cover or practically any of the Prince CD covers to name off something music related, and it is because it actually had quite a bit of effort put into it.

Then again, this is SEGA we're talking about... Sigh, just as long as the music's good, I guess.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

I like how we've deduced that the whole of Sega is lazy just because they liked an art piece that is, Heaven forbid, personally disagreeable. Could one have overlooked the fact that Sega has probably more than compensated for their questionable taste in the piece by attaching it to a whole new album in the first place? Sheesh, talk about not seeing the forest for the trees.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 1

My ideal AND HYPOTHETICAL tracklist:

1. Throw It All Away - Bentley Jones Cover

2. I Am... All Of Me - 2009 Arrangement

3. Never Turn Back - MegaDrive-Style FM Synth Version

4. All Hail Shadow - Crush 40 Cover

5. Believe In Myself (SA1) - 8-Bit Version

6. Believe In Myself (SA2) - Bentley Jones Cover

7. This Machine - Crush 40 Cover

8. What U Need (I consider this to be Blaze's theme tune) - EuroTrance ReMix

9. E.G.G.M.A.N. - Shadow the Hedgehog ReMix

10. Dreams Of An Absolution - Jun Senoue Version

And those are all the good ones that I can think of at the present time...

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 2

HOLAS:

~5. Believe In Myself (SA1) - 8-Bit Version

Wouldn't that be.... Bridge Zone? :P

Besides that it's a really good tracklist, but I thought it was suposed to have 1 track per chacarther.

anyways I think (wich means i'm probably going to be wrong) it's going to be color-related (watching at the cover) like:

1) His World (I know some people hate it, but it seems to be the sonic theme nowadays, personally, I would prefeer "Endless possibilities" or "It doesn't matter SA1").

2) Believe in myself (by Bentley Jones xD).

3) Unknown of ME (can't wait to hear this xD).

4) Lazy days in paradise (Massive Power MIX!!!1!... Yeah, that was a joke).

5) E.G.G.M.A.N. (Both versions are awesome).

6) I am... All of me.

7) Dreams of an absolution (Both versions are awesome).

8) *insert purple characther theme here*

9) Follow me (beacause it's just way better than "that cursed SA track").

10) *insert red (it looks red in my monitor) character theme here*

11) Catch me if you can.

12) Team Chaotix (Uncesored :o ).

13) Live and learn.

... I can't think anything else. xD

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 2

9) Follow me (beacause it's just way better than "that cursed SA track").

You mean My Sweet Passion!? That was one of my favorite songs from the SA era...

• Thumbs Up 1

AMAZON.JP SITE FOR TRUE COLORS

From what I can tell, it's those 6 tracks listed plus 16 more. Looks like a rather robust CD, much like Volume 1. And it looks like you E-102 fans are going to be pleased. :D

Edited by Snatcher2047

That makes... what, five official variations on Dreams of an Absolution now? Not complaining, but that's definitely a surprise. As is Gamma's theme, actually; I'm glad that made it on.

We may actually get Vela-Nova at this rate.

●Dreams Of An Absolution(New Remix 2009)(仮)

Another version? Nice. I wonder if it's the version we heard ages ago. You know, the one that had a bit recorded in studio.

●All Hail Shadow(Hybrid Mix feat. Mike Szuter)

Again, another version? So a hybrid version. Is that like Crush 40 and Magna fi at once? Sounds incredible.

●Lazy Days(Original Demo Hybrid Mix feat. Ted Poley)

This one's......strange. Well I wonder how different it'll sound.

Also huzzah for the E 102 love!

HOLAS:

From what I can tell, it's those 6 tracks listed plus 16 more. Looks like a rather robust CD, much like Volume 1. And it looks like you E-102 fans are going to be pleased. :D

AWESOME!

●Lazy Days(Original Demo Hybrid Mix feat. Ted Poley)

IT'S OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111oneone!

Memes aside, I'm also quite surprised to see DOAA beign remixed again (i wonder if it's going to reach the record imposed by His World), and I'm interesting to see the two tracks wich (sorta) defines the different faces of Shadow (and I mean All hail Shadow and Throw it all away, hope to hear a remix of the second).

BTW, isn't Ted Poley the one who made Endless Possibilites?

IT'S OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111oneone!

Theres a time and a place -_-

BTW, isn't Ted Poley the one who made Endless Possibilites?

Nah, thats Jared from Bowling For Soup you're thinking of. Ted Poley sang It Doesn't Matter, the dreaded We Can and Race To Win.

●All Hail Shadow(Hybrid Mix feat. Mike Szuter)

Again, another version? So a hybrid version. Is that like Crush 40 and Magna fi at once? Sounds incredible.

HOLY FUCK! Magna-Fi is one of my favorite bands, and odd-ball lead singer Mike Szuter is amazing. I wish this could be a new recording from the band, but seeing as how they seemingly broke up after their second album, I bet it will be some sort of mix of the C40 and MF versions of the song. Still has me excited as hell.