Awoo.

The Best of Sonic the Hedgehog Part2 : True Colors

The Tenth Doctor

HOLAS:

1) His World (I know some people hate it, but it seems to be the sonic theme nowadays, personally, I would prefeer "Endless possibilities" or "It doesn't matter SA1").

Depends on what version your talkin about. If its Zebrahead (full band and faster version) then its a win, but if its ali (from zebrahead slow version) or C40 (worst of the 3 in my opnion) then Nope! I really want a "throw it all away" remix, that song SOOO deserves one.

You know, I still don't get why people keep on calling "What I'm Made Of" Metal Sonic's theme when the song's appearance in SatBK clearly shows it isn't and that it's Super Sonic's. But...meh. =/

I'm not expecting much from this album, but since Bentley Jones is quite the likable singer, I'd like to see him do a cover of "WIMO." See what he does with it and all... He could make it more awesome than it already is. =P

Oh, and a full version of his "His World" cover as well, 'cause it's too short...

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

I SO would love a Bentley Jones cover of Throw it all Away. I think he'd be perfect for the voice... just do a little deeper for the "non-chorus" segments, and use his normal voice for the chorus. Jun Senoue could remix with the guitar.

Anyway, nice listing so far... Not surprised about Gamma's, frankly. They probably took it and mixed lyrics into the song. It'd be nice to see the same done with Tikal's theme. Or perhaps they didn't. I'd like to see the song with lyrics, though.

You know, I still don't get why people keep on calling "What I'm Made Of" Metal Sonic's theme when the song's appearance in SatBK clearly shows it isn't and that it's Super Sonic's. But...meh. =/

Maybe because the song completely fits Metal Sonic, and not Super Sonic at all? I know we are just fans, and many impressions can be gained from listening to the song, but lyrical evidence points in the direction of the song being sang from Metal's point of view. Just a simple viewing of the lyrics makes it abundantly clear, if you ask me (and no, at this time, I will not be going through the lyrics and pointing things out; I don't have the time right now, but someone else can do it if they like).

It was an odd choice to include in SatBK, but I think the only reason it ended up in that game is because Jun knew his fans would be happy if he could stuff as many C40 tracks as possible into the game. God knows it worked for me!

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 2

5. Believe In Myself (SA1) - 8-Bit Version

And those are all the good ones that I can think of at the present time...

I don't see why anyone wants to listen to music that sounds like it was ripped off of a Game Gear.... <_<

9) Follow me (beacause it's just way better than "that cursed SA track").

NEVA!!!! XD Follow Me sounds like a lame pop song, whereas My Sweet Passion has amazing vocals and instruments. However, Follow Me does have the better lyrics....

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Maybe because the song completely fits Metal Sonic, and not Super Sonic at all? I know we are just fans, and many impressions can be gained from listening to the song, but lyrical evidence points in the direction of the song being sang from Metal's point of view. Just a simple viewing of the lyrics makes it abundantly clear, if you ask me (and no, at this time, I will not be going through the lyrics and pointing things out; I don't have the time right now, but someone else can do it if they like).

It was an odd choice to include in SatBK, but I think the only reason it ended up in that game is because Jun knew his fans would be happy if he could stuff as many C40 tracks as possible into the game. God knows it worked for me!

I'm not going to argue further wlth this, 'cause I've already written a huge editorial on this. But I'll just say that to me, it doesn't fit Metal Sonic at all, and instead perfectly fits Super Sonic in every one of his final boss situations since SA1.

And in SatBK, every character gets their past theme when you get their medals. So for Sonic, we get what everyone thought was Metal's theme... Honestly, I really believe that this is Jun's way of confirming that it IS Super Sonic's theme and not Metal's.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

I hope that they add Chaotix's theme and Fly In the Freedom and Throw It All Away. Those tracks are FREAKING BEAST! Oh, and Knux's theme, SA2 version plz.

Edited by JTW
  • Thumbs Up 1

Throw it all Away is confirmed, Fly in the Freedom essentially IS confirmed. Team Chaotix? I think there's a very high chance of that being added, along with Catch Me If You Can.

I'm not going to argue further wlth this, 'cause I've already written a huge editorial on this. But I'll just say that to me, it doesn't fit Metal Sonic at all, and instead perfectly fits Super Sonic in every one of his final boss situations since SA1.

Link please? I never read it before.

Throw it all Away is confirmed, Fly in the Freedom essentially IS confirmed. Team Chaotix? I think there's a very high chance of that being added, along with Catch Me If You Can.

If Catch Me If You Can IS included (which it probably will be) I sincerely hope that it is the 'Zero Gravity Mix', which sounded vastly superior to the original IMO

Very excited to hear the new DOOA mix :D

Seconded. The Riders version was pretty much a pile of yuck. ZG made it sound all cool with the rapping and string instruments (violins?). Kinda like His World, except the vocalist could actually sing.

• Thumbs Up 1

I liked both version of "Catch Me If You Can", but I felt the original had more of an 80's edge to it. Reminded me of classic hip-hop, the only kind I like. But I like the newer version for how it streamlined the song, and didn't have such a ridiculously long opening.

Although I'm more of a fan of the the ZG version, I wouldn't be shocked at all if they pick the original version, if only because it's the original. Who knows? Maybe they'll put both on there.

Urghh, ZG Catch Me If You Can was horrible, why turn a light hearted and edgy song into something deadly serious? Wouldn't mind the Rockin' Beats remix though.

I like most versions of that song (and most others, when different versions exist) pretty much equally. I hope they go with the SA2 version of Unknown From M.E., though, since the original includes that line.

Sonic_Triple_Trouble_SGG_ScreenShot1.gif

You look pretty chuckly to me, Knux.

• Thumbs Up 3

Urghh, ZG Catch Me If You Can was horrible, why turn a light hearted and edgy song into something deadly serious? Wouldn't mind the Rockin' Beats remix though.

Seconded. I found the Rockin' Beats Mix of "Catch Me If You Can" to be vastly superior to both the original version and its successor. It's truly a shame that you have to be in possession of Sonic Riders Original Soundtrack: Speedbeats Grand Prix in order to hear it, though.

But Jet's theme song is unimportant compared to the theme of the best supporting character within the entire series. I won't be satisfied until I see "Prof. Omochao" somewhere within this album's listing.

Edited by HunterTSF

• 2 weeks later...

Per Sonic Channel, here is the tracklist:

1. Un-gravitify

2. Dreams Of An Absolution

3. Throw It All Away

4. E.G.G.M.A.N.

5. Waking Up Performed by Julien-K

6. This Machine Performed by Julien-K

7. Fly In The Freedom

8. My Sweet Passion

9. Believe In Myself (SA2 Version)

10. Unknown From M.E. (SA2 Version)

11. Theme of E-102γ

12. Cosmic Eternity - Believe in Yourself

- Bonus Tracks -

13. Look-a-like (Short Edited ver.)

14. Sonic3 MegaD Mix

15. Lazy Days -Livin' in Paradise- (Original Demo - Mixed with Ted Poley)

16. All Hail Shadow (Hybrid Mix feat. Mike Szuter)

17. Dreams Of An Absolution (Starry Night Remix)

18. Open Your Heart (K-Klub Remix)

Dear Primus, Shadow should be on that cover. Also, surprised that Look Alike made it. It seemed Sega was acting as if the OVA never existed. Then again, they apparently change their minds on the drop of a dime.

Interested in that Sonic 3 MegaD Mix though

Per Sonic Channel, here is the tracklist:

1. Un-gravitify

2. Dreams Of An Absolution

3. Throw It All Away

4. E.G.G.M.A.N.

5. Waking Up Performed by Julien-K

6. This Machine Performed by Julien-K

7. Fly In The Freedom

8. My Sweet Passion

9. Believe In Myself (SA2 Version)

10. Unknown From M.E. (SA2 Version)

11. Theme of E-102γ

- Bonus Tracks -

14. Sonic3 MegaD Mix

15. Lazy Days -Livin' in Paradise- (Original Demo - Mixed with Ted Poley)

16. All Hail Shadow (Hybrid Mix feat. Mike Szuter)

17. Dreams Of An Absolution (Starry Night Remix)

18. Open Your Heart (K-Klub Remix)

Dear Primus, Shadow should be on that cover. Also, surprised that Look Alike made it. It seemed Sega was acting as if the OVA never existed. Then again, they apparently change their minds on the drop of a dime.

Interested in that Sonic 3 MegaD Mix though

I believe you, but can you give us a link please? I can't navigate a japanese site well.

Oh wow Look-a-like, thats awesome. Nothing particularly special about that tracklist though, the bonus tracks are very meh. The Sonic 3 MegaD mix was in Sonic Gems Collection btw.

As I said at JunSenoue.com:

Great tracklist... except for:

Believe In Myself (SA2 Version)

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! The SA1 version is infinitely better. The SA2 version is almost as bad as "We Can" from Heroes.

Look Alike ~Short Edit~

LOVE THIS SONG. But why are we getting the short version? I'm assuming it's the same length as the end credits from the original SONIC anime.

Also, no love for the Babylon Rogues?

Edited by Snatcher2047

The SA2 version of Unknown from ME? Yosh.

I'm pleasantly surprised at both of those. It's unusual to see anything from CD or the OVA anymore. That really did have some pretty good music... I ought to rewatch it.

I'm eager to hear the remixes as well.

Edited by Octarine

While we're on the subject... where did the nearly 3 minute version of "Look Alike" come from? The version from the movie is around a minute and a half long. From what I understand the SONIC OVA never got a soundtrack and I've never heard of a CD single featuring the song. Anyone have a clue?

I believe you, but can you give us a link please? I can't navigate a japanese site well.

Here: http://blog.sonic-channel.jp/archives/51530011.html

Great tracklist... except for:

Believe In Myself (SA2 Version)

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! The SA1 version is infinitely better. The SA2 version is almost as bad as "We Can" from Heroes.

Glad to know I'm not the only one who can't stand this song... I actually like We Can better.

Also, no love for the Babylon Rogues?

Well, there's Un-gravitify. I assume that's for them.

While we're on the subject... where did the nearly 3 minute version of "Look Alike" come from? The version from the movie is around a minute and a half long.

You mean http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiM87NS4fJQ?

I'm not sure where that surfaced. Some people speculated that they were all sniped and edited together from scenes from the movie, but I don't remember hearing nearly half of those lyrics, not to mention hearing some background noises that should be there when it was played during the movie during a scene. Your guess is as good as mine.