Awoo.

The Best of Sonic the Hedgehog Part2 : True Colors

The Tenth Doctor

Sonic3 MegaD Mix
This is kinda old. I heard that track and i have it on my hard disc. Awesome mix btw))) Edited by ArtFenix

I'm a bit diddapointed for one. Here are my thoughts

1. Un-gravitify

Why? It's Team Sonic's theme in Zero Gravity. Sure it's Tails, Knuckles and Amy's theme too but still its also Sonic's.

10. Unknown From M.E. (SA2 Version)

I thought they'd use Adventure's version. They used it in Black Knight so why not here?

12. Cosmic Eternity - Believe in Yourself

Again isn't this Sonic's theme? Who else would it be about in Sonic CD?

13. Look-a-like (Short Edited ver.)

Never really liked it. Odd but hey, it's about Metal isn't it?

14. Sonic3 MegaD Mix

Its not really a bonus if its been done before if you ask me.

18. Open Your Heart (K-Klub Remix)

Oh dear. In my opinion K-Klub did the worst version of Dreams of an Absolution. I fear for what the could do to Open Your Heart.

A pity, I was looking forward to a load of this. Still, I have All Hail Shadow and Starry Night Remix to look forward to!

Per Sonic Channel, here is the tracklist:

1. Un-gravitify

2. Dreams Of An Absolution

3. Throw It All Away

4. E.G.G.M.A.N.

5. Waking Up Performed by Julien-K

6. This Machine Performed by Julien-K

7. Fly In The Freedom

8. My Sweet Passion

9. Believe In Myself (SA2 Version)

10. Unknown From M.E. (SA2 Version)

11. Theme of E-102γ

12. Cosmic Eternity - Believe in Yourself

- Bonus Tracks -

13. Look-a-like (Short Edited ver.)

14. Sonic3 MegaD Mix

15. Lazy Days -Livin' in Paradise- (Original Demo - Mixed with Ted Poley)

16. All Hail Shadow (Hybrid Mix feat. Mike Szuter)

17. Dreams Of An Absolution (Starry Night Remix)

I always hated This Machine. I don't really know why. :\

The Sonic Adventure 2 version of Believe in Myself sucks too. I liked Adventure 2's Unknown from M.E. though. Not as good as the original, but still good.

Looks like my only reason to get this album is for the bonus tracks.

This Machine is an awesome track, but the lyrics are diabolical. I'd love a redone version with less... Sonic Heroes-ish context specific lyrics, but oh wells.

"This Machine" is an absolutely amazing song, though I agree that the lyrics could have been a little less... Sonic specific. Take out the "as the Eggman watches" line and it could pass off as unrelated to the games (provided the person listening wasn't someone who knew a lot about Sonic).

But Julien-K's "Death to Analog" CD is simply Album of the Year material if you ask me. And there have been a HELL of a lot of great CD's released this year, and some still to come.

Oh dear. In my opinion K-Klub did the worst version of Dreams of an Absolution. I fear for what the could do to Open Your Heart.

This version of Open Your Heart is the one that was first shown to us back in 2006, and one I thought just never got finished. I'm so glad they're finally putting it on this release.

Quote from Jun Senoue forums (has info on other tracks as well)

Jun has sent me a bit more information regarding this album, as I specifically asked about tracks 15 and 18. I'll post the details soon

Heh, and I was going to ask if the Open Your Heart remix had any relation to the one planned back in 06. I had originally thought that the one on True Blue was that remix.

It is indeed the original 2006 remix. Something I'm insanely happy about!

Regarding "Lazy Days -Livin' in Paradise- (Original Demo - Mixed with Ted Poley)"

When I worked for Sonic Adventure project, the team and I were in the recording studio every day. Demo version of "Lazy Days" didn't have the vocals on it and musicians in New York replaced all the instruments when they recorded the final version. I thought it would be great if I mix the music part of original demo and Ted's vocals from the final version. I wanted to share the history of the song with you but it was very tough to transfer the data from the old digital multi-tracked tape into Pro-Tools rig.

Regarding "Open Your Heart (K-Klub Remix)

"True Blue" was the compilation CD featuring lots of vocal songs especially Sonic related ones. Lee Brotherton, My long time friend at Remix Factory provided two special remixes of "Open Your Heart" for that release but I could use only one of them on it. That was one of the reasons I started planning "True Colors".

Regarding "Sonic3 MegaD Remix"

One of the remixes songs from Sonic Gems Collection.

I didn't do anything for them and actually I didn't know those remixes very much.

I checked all of them and this was my most favorite one.

Remixed by Naofumi Hataya, well-known for his works for Sonic CD (Japanese and European releases) and NiGHTS.

and...

Track 16: Music part of Crush 40 version of "All Hail Shadow" mixed with the original vocals by Mike Szuter... Track 17: Remixed by Tomoya Ohtani. Brand new remix he did last month.

This version of Open Your Heart is the one that was first shown to us back in 2006, and one I thought just never got finished. I'm so glad they're finally putting it on this release.

Sorry, didn't know. Ah well, thats better. It was cool. Crush 40's All Hail Shadow with Mike doin vocals? Kick ass. I preferred the Crush 40 tune and I'd like to hear the vocals from the last one over it!

Still finding the Sonic 3 mix weird.

• 4 weeks later...

It's out tomorrow! Remember to tell how it is, anyone who can buy it!

(sorry for the double post)

Edited by chaos shad

Just listening to the new mixes.

"All Hail Shadow" it sounded cool. Prefer Johnny on the vocals but still pretty awesome.

"Lazy Days livin in Paradise" Is much catchier than the old version! Doesn't really suit Big but still that makes it better (I don't like Big much)

"Dreams of an Absolution" Was quite good. Not as good as Js remix or Nightlight but definatly better than K Klub and the original.

"Open Your Heart K Klub" Its been about 4 years this has been in the offing? Well I love what they did to the "Open Your Heart Dude!" bit! Thought the ending was a bit sudden but it was definatly good. Bentley does it again!

They haven't changed the Open Your Heart remix at all in that time, from what I have heard. They wanted to include it on True Blue, but could only fit one remix on the track, and chose the other one for that. So they put this remix here.

Anyway, the track listing has been known for a while... as I mentioned before, I'm surprised they've got both Waking Up and This Machine in here, but they are awesome songs. ^^ I figured we'd see "Team Chaotix" and "Catch Me If You Can."

Oh, and that full Open Your Heart remix is badass. Just listened to the Youtube video.

I... Must not listen...

MUST

NOT

LISTEN

Not until I know if I'm buying the CD...

If I am, i'll listen to it on the cd...

If not, then I'll listen to it soon.

This is so hard...

MUST NOT LISTEN...

/listens to snippet of OYH remix/

OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOD I MUST GET THIS D:

Very impressed. Not much new but I think it's the most fun and varied compilation CD yet.

Bonuses: Cosmic Eternity is slightly extended from original gamerip, E-102's theme now has an official release with an ending (rather than going on into his final boss theme - causing a cut-off should you listen to it alone).

Big and Shadow's remixes were pretty cool. Both very similar to original tracks though. If the original tracks were "Act 1" songs, I guess that'd make these Act 2.

Loved Silver's new remix. Very different from the previous ones in the texture of the sound.

And yeah, Open Your Heart remix was nice and epic. Not AMAZING, since like most trance songs it stayed more or less the same pace throughout, but still awesome.

I woulda swapped Waking Up for Team Chaotix and My Sweet Passion for Follow Me, but I guess that'd overdo the Heroes tracks a little... Either way, believe it or not, Shadow gets the most tracks on this disc with a whopping 4 out of 18 being his themes.

Edited by JezMM

When im listening to the DOAA remix i like to look out my window at night and look at the snow falling...awesome.

Plus, i dont know if anyone has realised but Throw it all away and Unknown from M.E have been edited and you defanatly can hear the voices more cleary (Something ive never been able to do with TIAA)

Edited by Dark Motor

OMG I love the new DOAA remix. It's the second best one yet, next to the Nightlight remix.

EDIT: I have a question, how is tagged on Last.fm? I can't find the album anywhere on there.

Edited by JTW

• 4 weeks later...

The K-Klub Open Your Heart is orgasmic. Yet somehow, strangely familiar...

As for the DOAA mix, I like the retro feel, but the melody sounds almost nothing like the original.