Awoo.

Final Fantasy 7 Remake "is this the real life..."

Badnik Mechanic

Excuse the basic op here but I'm on the mobile and this is moving fast.

Earlier today Silicone reported that a 'source' had claimed that Final Fantasy 7 was to get a remake for the PS4.

Well other sources who are independent are now also claiming the same thing.

Apparently its to be announced tonight at E3 for a late 2017 release.

Roundup of details here...

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=168065498

Believed to be announced during the Sony con.

If this is true, then I'm conflicted.

On one hand, it's about time. On the other, you've still got two other major titles being worked on and that aren't out yet! First get what you got out, or at least a few of the things you got before this. KH3, Dissidia, FFXV, and now this? Jeez lol

NO WAY that's happening. Komodin said that if this happens then all the attention Final Fantasy XV has will disappear instantly, and he's right. They should at least announce it after that game is out.

If it does happen though, then hey, I'm not complaining.

• Thumbs Up 3

I don't and won't believe this. Look what happened last year at Sony's big event where they tricked us into thinking FFVII really was a remake and it turned out to be the shitty PC port on PS4 port. A port which hasn't even been released btw.

... Meh, I still don't think a Final Fantasy VII remake is happening, at least not yet.

Perhaps I'm being too optimistic here, but I think even Square Enix would be smarter than to effectively kill the hype for their all new Final Fantasy game just to appeal to people's nostalgia. This sort of thing would probably happen if Final Fantasy XV did prove to be a failure.

Square Enix is all about irrational decisions. If detracting attention is a metric then by all accounts this rumor is probably real.

This thing aint coming until FFXV and KH3 release, guarantee it. 2019 I place money on that being the earliest.

I hope they keep the turn based battles, and Cloud's dorky moments, and Red XIII, and Cait Sith, and all the sillier parts.

Honey Bee Inn, in glorious HD! You know you want it.

I don't and won't believe this. Look what happened last year at Sony's big event where they tricked us into thinking FFVII really was a remake and it turned out to be the shitty PC port on PS4 port. A port which hasn't even been released btw.

...I'm gonna eat those words, bloody hell.

Like KHCast said though, this might be in development for a very long time. Eh, when you have FFXV and KH3 coming before that then I'm sure time will fly by!

It would be kinda cool if this remake used FFXV's gameplay style. though wouldn't have a problem with the classic RPG turn based style either.

But would it really be a remake if they changed the gameplay style? I'd rather they stay faithful to the original game in that regard and just polish the ATB battle system. The other FF remakes did that; FFIV DS comes to mind.

As long as it's not taking inspiration from 13, I really don't care at the end of the day what they do. lol

• Thumbs Up 1

The problem I see is as--others have noted--the timing. Its amazing and all, but... when's it coming? I guess it gives me time to get a PS4, but then again, if there's too many things on both PS4 and PC I may just go with PC instead and simply upgrade my PC enough to play them.

People are freaking out over the Sony press conference, but as I'm hearing, they haven't shown many, if any release dates. Are ANY of these projects they announced coming in 2015?! Anything at al?

I mean, at least The Last Guardian had gameplay. FFVII was all CG. Granted, most everyone didn't think FFVII remake was happening at all regardless, so at least it is coming, but... I'll get excited once I see actual gameplay.

Gotta agree with Jaidyn. At least Kingdom Hearts 3 had conceptual gameplay to show off, even if it wasn't real. Most of these titles likely aren't releasing until late 2016/early 2017. Still nice to know it will eventually be there.

OH MY GOD LENNOX IT'S BEEN A YEAR SINCE YOU'VE POSTED

Alright. As much as I'm excited for this (I REALLY AM JDVSOIJUOWHWJEPFISFJSIJFSA), I feel that it's best that SE fans learn their lesson from FFXV and give it time.

SE, even after A Realm Reborn's relaunch is still going through some tough times with the Duscae update. This proves that they're still feeling their way when developing large-scale titles for consoles. I worry that fans are going to go overboard with the development process, especially since this is overhyped, but I trust that SE knows their boundaries and their limits.

At this point, I think that it'd be fair to even call Type-0 HD, Agito, FFXV and KHIII experiments that were leading closer and closer to a remake--the FFXV team learning to develop large worlds with a sort of 'lifelike quality' breathed into it, the Type-0 team re-evaluating the Final Fantasy formula beforehand, and the KHIII team themselves learning how to bring classic titles to high-def media.

One thing's for sure, though.

CRISIS CORE HD. I WANT IT. NOW. DDDDDDD8<

i have held off on replaying ffvii for more than a decade

waiting for this

there are no words

• Thumbs Up 2

... Meh, I still don't think a Final Fantasy VII remake is happening, at least not yet.

Perhaps I'm being too optimistic here, but I think even Square Enix would be smarter than to effectively kill the hype for their all new Final Fantasy game just to appeal to people's nostalgia. This sort of thing would probably happen if Final Fantasy XV did prove to be a failure.

Huh, so I was wrong again.

Ah, well. It's not like the remake will be released anytime soon, so I guess XV will still have its time to shine.

• Thumbs Up 1

Rumor has it that a different studio is actually making the game. The folks behind .hack, I think? I wish I could find an actual source, but that may help it get out in time for the 20th anniversary.

Rumor has it that a different studio is actually making the game. The folks behind .hack, I think? I wish I could find an actual source, but that may help it get out in time for the 20th anniversary.

If true then it's on good hands. CyberConnect2 knows how to adapt source material in a brilliant manner (those JoJo games!)

Color me surprised.

I always thought they were going to keep this carrot on a stick until they're in serious trouble.

Color me surprised.

I always thought they were going to keep this carrot on a stick until they're in serious trouble.

Considering the fact that they've got XV taking forever to complete and no signs of KH3 at all, and the original XIV sucking ass... honestly, they were ALREADY in serious trouble, and are still iffy right now due to how long everything keeps taking for SE to release.