Awoo.

Final Fantasy 7 Remake "is this the real life..."

Badnik Mechanic

There is literally no good reason at all for square to withhold the Yuffie Side Story campaign from PS4 adopters. It's screws over anyone that supported the game from the start and has yet to get or own a PS5.

The simple way I look at it is like this - Spider-Man: Miles Morales, an expansion to the original Spider-Man game on PS4 (and basically, the show off game for PS5) ...is also available to buy and purchase on PS4. Therefore the FFVII Intergrade DLC Expansion should be available for PS4 adopters to purchase as well. 

Not to mention almost every other PS5 'exclusive' is available on PS4 anyway. 

I really hope this is just a marketing error, because otherwise this basically sucks.

That's great for those that haven't played it yet and quite an impressive title to put out less than a year after its release... 

...Hang on...

*Please note the PS4 version of Final Fantasy VII Remake available to PlayStation Plus members is not eligible for the PS5 digital version upgrade.

Oh ok, Square are still scum then. XD

Well I already held off this long waiting to see what their next gen plans wee I suppose I can find a middle ground of play the "free" version now and buy the PS5 version after a year or two when I might want to revisit and the price has dropped.

• 3 weeks later...

I can't help but wonder if Ever Crisis is going to be an abridged take on the FFVII compilation,  sort of like "greatest moments/hits" string of events, or if they'll actually be adapting each entire installment into the game.

2 hours ago, KHCast said:

Ever crisis is going to have microtransactions in the form of gacha weapons. *sigh* welp

If it's the same as Record Keeper and Opera Omnia there shouldn't be much to worry in terms of harming the core experience since most of the whaling for those is reserved for those who want to take on the extreme versions of the fights while the casual and hard stratums are doable with what the games give regularly for freebies (basically, if you want to enjoy the story you don't have to spend anything). If instead it's like SinoAlice or Union X it might be more of a chore, though i doubt it might be going this far. Recent mobile releases for Square adopted the former approach, like NieR Reincarnation, so i'm fairly optimistic.

Besides, i get the idea thart First Soldier will be the game that will bait more on that front.

• 4 weeks later...

So apparently we’re getting out of nowhere another advent children Re-release...?

guess it makes sense since the mobile phone game coming out next year will have AC’s story in it. Plus there’s all the speculation that 

Spoiler

FF7R connects to AC, and takes place after it 

Dissidia Opera Omnia global is also recieving Kadaj soon as a playable characters, it's a fortunate timing that Square is taking advantage of across some branches. Especially since it seems this is just a simple re-release in higher definition so i'm not expecting post-credit scenes that connect everything or something.
I still despise the movie with all my heart, but i can see why Square is doing this.

I can just imagine poor newcomers to the franchise who were brought in by the remake, watching this and getting tackled by the inevitable mountain of spoilers

Spoiler

which granted, the remake itself is somewhat guilty of, but still.

Newcomers gonna hear the better Sephiroth voice at least, and join everyone else in cringing at the new one lol

1 hour ago, KHCast said:

So apparently we’re getting out of nowhere another advent children Re-release...?

guess it makes sense since the mobile phone game coming out next year will have AC’s story in it. Plus there’s all the speculation that 

Hide contents

FF7R connects to AC, and takes place after it 

it's not speculation at this point, but yeah. the entire compilation seems to be canon to FF7R so it makes sense to reissue some of this stuff

• Thumbs Up 2

• 4 weeks later...

There has been a new trailer for Integrade from the same live that presented The First Soldier.

Things to note:
*Ramuh is the new summon
*boss fight against Scarlet in a magitek armor
*Fort Condor minigame reworked in a more chess-like maner
*boss fight against Nero
*Sonon is most likely gonna die at the end
*no idea if Weiss is still VR-training exclusive or not.
*the game will stay only on PS5 for at least 6 months, the multiplat version is probably gonna be a Christmas release

Additionally, Nomura wanted to say a bit more about the second part but Kitase has veto'd major disclosure before they have something presentable. He has only hinted at bigger fields and an atmosphere different than part 1 (duh).

That last scene.....maybe Yuffie will run into Cait Sith at Midgar around that point.

Nomura also spoke on some details for Remake Part 2:

By timed console exclusive does this include a potential cross-gen version as well, or specifically current gen hardware?

It's unlikely Intergrade ever comes to PS4 is that's what you're asking.

That’s honestly a shame, especially given how successful it’s done on PS4. Still not sure how the Integrade extra content would functionally be difficult to put on a PS4. Like, at least there’s a free upgrade for PS4 owners (or is that just digital owners?) , but still,  not exactly easy to come by PS5’s cause scalpers have not slowed down much on that, so massive shame I probably won’t be picking this up anytime soon 

Either Sony brokered some kind of deal to entice purchases of the PS5, or Square don't want to bother optimizing Intergrade to work on both the PS4 and PS5 for some baffling reason.

I just don't see it. A lot of the extra features seem like things they could only do because they shook off the technical limitations of the PS4. Stuff like 60 fps, faster load times and animation speeds, the new effects and whatever level design alterations they make now that the game isn't limited by PS4's loading speeds.

Even aside from all of that, Square and Sony both benefit from getting more people onboard the PS5. There's just not much incentive.

• Thumbs Up 2

If Sony really wanted to push people towards PS5 more, you’d think they’d (And the whole industry, let’s be honest) would do something, anything, in regards to scalpers making it difficult for many, especially this time around, to make the jump. Hell, make a public statement condemning that shit at least instead of keeping quiet about it like they’ve been doing. That’s my mini rant done. Game looks good, appreciate the free upgrade and shit, but yeah it’s nonetheless a shitty situation 

The only tangible way to stop scalpers is to make more PS5s, and they can't do that as long as production is still strapped by COVID and chip shortages

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Wraith said:

The only tangible way to stop scalpers is to make more PS5s, and they can't do that as long as production is still strapped by COVID and chip shortages

I’d argue websites and stores COULD make better systems that check for automated bots, cause the current system check requirements are a joke, but I don’t see them doing that since either way they’re the ones making money so there’s little incentive to do it outside “morality”. Regardless, that’s not much of a square issue, as it is a general store one

10 minutes ago, KHCast said:

I’d argue websites and stores COULD make better systems that check for automated bots, cause the current system check requirements are a joke, but I don’t see them doing that since either way they’re the ones making money so there’s little incentive to do it outside “morality”. Regardless, that’s not much of a square issue, as it is a general store one

That's not Sony's problem though. Sony gives their shipments of consoles to the stores, and it's on the stores to actually handle how they sell their products, and most of the time - stores don't really give a shit because they're getting paid for the consoles either way, if a regular customer buys it, or if a scalper pays for it.

I very heavily doubt the scalper situation is ideal for Sony as well. Sony takes a loss on each and every console they make, they're relying on people becoming invested with the eco-system the console provides, and then making up the costs via software sales, both physically and digitally. More people buying consoles at inflated prices means less money for people to actually spend on Sony's eco-system when they do attain a console. It's just...there's literally nothing Sony can do, beyond possibly upping the security on their own storefront. Other than that, scalpers are a different problem that are run via the storefronts that Sony can't really do jacksquat about, its on the storefronts to begin upping their checks for bots and scalpers.

• Thumbs Up 2