Awoo.

Final Fantasy 7 Remake "is this the real life..."

Badnik Mechanic

"And how about Cloud in a dress in stunning HD? 'Please look forward to it', says Nomura." 

pls no more Lightning

pls no more Lightning

Oh my... just imagine it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAXXT0NnuwM

They expand that entire scene so you can pick more outfits and makeup options like the create a lady in Yakuza... We could make Cloud as pretty as a princess! We could dress him up in outfits from other girls in other FF games! IT COULD BE BEAUTIFUL!

• Thumbs Up 1

Cloud in a dress? Hmmmmm..

LRFFXIII_Midnight_Mauve.png

Well just spike the hair up some more and there you go.

• Thumbs Up 1

If there are more options for dressing Cloud up, I will seriously praise them for taking notice at how much we loved this moment haha. (is still most looking forward to the bath house scene lol)

• Thumbs Up 1

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/final-fantasy-7-remake-s-story-could-deviate-from-/1100-6428247/

The Final Fantasy VII Remake, announced at Sony’s E3 press conference, could deviate from its source material.

When asked if the remake, in development for PlayStation 4, will follow the Final Fantasy VII narrative exactly or feature new elements, director Tetsuya Nomura gave GameSpot an ambiguous answer.

“We’ve announced an HD port version on the PlayStation 4, and then we have the remake coming to PS4,” Nomura said through a translator. “You’ll have this extremely, very, very pretty FFVII existing on the same plane. We feel that if that happens, it’s like, why have the same exact game?

“We think that if a game is on a certain platform and that platform becomes obsolete, then we’d recommend playing the new port version,” he added.

Currently, all we know about the Final Fantasy VII Remake is that it is now in production with key members of the original game’s staff on board, including producer Yoshinori Kitase and scenario writer Kazushige Nojima. Other developer details are unknown.

I kind of expected SOME changes/alterations/additions to be made. Especially to differentiate it from the port.

I think we have a winner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hN5KKLdj-eI

• Thumbs Up 1

If they dare to make a mockery of Cait Sith like they did in Advent Children and Dirge of Cerberus, i'll stop pretending this thing exist. Just try me, Square. Let's see how much bullshit you can hide under the rug.

To be fair, the original game's dialogues were dated, so they need a restyle: my fear is that Square will use this as an excuse to butcher, retcon or pointlessly change plot elements.

First off remove random battles, they're an archaic mechanic that has no reason for existing anymore.

• Thumbs Up 1

Now that I've calmed down from yesterdays announcment. I got to think after seeing some of the questions and made me wonder how much changes will be made in this remake. Like I wonder if they'll keep the turn based ATB system (hopefully they will) and how much the more expansive the world map will be once leaving Midgar and if there will be any new sidequests in it. Will there be new Materia in this game along with the old Materia? How much more new content will be inserted here, like any references to Crisis Core or something? Will there be new optional bosses or somewhat? Y'know, etc.

I'm shooting out these questions because I don't know and not so sure when they'll show more info but I'll be waiting when the time finally comes.

One thing came to mind just now: remember the whole debate Square usually says about not being able to use Red XIII in HD project because they have trouble animating its fur? I wonder if with their current technology they managed to get around this problem for this remake.

If they're retooling the ATB they can look to X-2 for the absolute best realtime use of that system ever. Alternatively I would love the FFX  variation where you get to carefully consider actions and see how they affect the turn order.

As far as story changes go I assume they will flesh out and adjust some stuff to fit within the other games (ie: Zack's expanded plot from Crisis Core). Maybe make Yuffie and Vincent more involved and not optional, given how they've prominently appeared in later games (ie: Yuffie in KH).

One thing came to mind just now: remember the whole debate Square usually says about not being able to use Red XIII in HD project because they have trouble animating its fur? I wonder if with their current technology they managed to get around this problem for this remake.

I highly doubt even Square would initiate a remake without being able to do such. Unless they out of the blue, make Red XIII bald or something. XD

They better keep Red XIII. >|

He's my favorite.

He's also a mainstay in my party forever, so I wanna be able to keep him here. Also, I want actual voiced dialogue for him that's more than a single line.

Red XIII, the hero we deserve.

I highly doubt even Square would initiate a remake without being able to do such. Unless they out of the blue, make Red XIII bald or something. XD

Another theater reaction vid. If you thought the other one was crazy, wait till you see this one.

Live at the conference

Seriously part of my joy in seeing these kind of games being announced, is then seeing the reactions from the people that have also like me, been waiting forever, dreaming and not expecting the day wen it finally came true. I mean remember the KH3 reactions back in 2013? The reactions were so surreal, and Sony were able to do that again THREE times in one conference. That is seriously really impressive(Just imagine if Sony showed that KH3 trailer also. So many heart attacks would have happened by that point lol.)

Assuming this is legit,  according to Amazon, we've got ourselves a release date to look forward to: www.amazon.com/gp/product/ref=pe_1845780_141032550_pe_row1_b4_t/?ASIN=B00ZS80PC2

Final Fantasy VII: Remake - PlayStation 4

Square Enix
41xx9hMckHL._SY400_.jpg

Price: $59.99 
Pre-order Price Guarantee.
This item will be released on December 31, 2016. 

It's no doubt a placeholder. Amazon UK has no date, and Square ain't about that months between regions shit, except with Japan and the West.

I'm positive it will come out in 2017: it will be the 20th anniversary of the game and the 30th of Final Fantasy in general. Basically the best occasion for a celebration game like this to be released.

• Thumbs Up 4

I'm positive it will come out in 2017: it will be the 20th anniversary of the game and the 30th of Final Fantasy in general. Basically the best occasion for a celebration game like this to be released.