Badnik Mechanic

Final Fantasy 7 Remake "is this the real life..."

Is that Mark Hamill or Jim Cummings as Don Corneo?

Anyway, the more prominent changes that i've seen in the trailer (President Shinra using an hologram instead of greeting AVALANCHE in Sector 5's reactor, Reno and Rude actually as boss fight in Sector 5's church and a scene with Tseng kidnapping Aerith during Sector 7's destruction) all make sense, i'm really getting the vibe that Square knew in advance that for this first episode they were not going to go outside Midgar so they consulted even on the more minor things to fill in that the original didn't had.
Still very interested, as i was after this year's E3 presentation.

https://gematsu.com/2019/10/final-fantasy-vii-remake-reveals-ghost-enemy

To be in spirit (eh) with the Halloween festivities, Square has released a new screenshot of the train graveyard level, showing the ghost enemies.

FF7R_10-31-19-600x338.jpg

Pretty good if you ask me, similar to previous enemies showcased the team is staying really close to the original designs.

450?cb=20120706211445

Got to say, up until playing the Demo of this at EGX a few weekends ago I was very very skeptical of everything... the episodic structure, the whole of part 1 just being in Midgar, and how they’d translate the original experience into an action RPG. I was worried, and not that interested in picking this up. Especially for it’s price point.

But, I’m not concerned anymore.

If the quality of what I played is the same throughout all of episode 1 and beyond... Then they can damn well take as long as they want releasing it this way. Square Enix set a real high standard here. 

I heard this from many other previews, but I have to echo their statements that the actual action combat itself just... clicks. Its a real surprise. It’s like a wonderful evolution of Kingdom Hearts combat system with just the right elements of Final Fantasy’s ATB thrown in for good measure. The fact that you can switch between characters at any time, the amazing slowdown that is created when you “pause” to consider your tactical options to select certain moves, and that you have to use your surroundings to your advantage in combat is really engaging and exciting during a fight. It works really well.

I still think the asking price is waaaaay too high for just 1 part of a remake of a PS1 game. But I’m starting to understand why when all the production values are considered in total. The effort cannot be ignored. I’m just gunna hope the entire game holds up to what I experienced.

11 minutes ago, Son-icka said:

I heard this from many other previews, but I have to echo their statements that the actual action combat itself just... clicks. Its a real surprise. It’s like a wonderful evolution of Kingdom Hearts combat system with just the right elements of Final Fantasy’s ATB thrown in for good measure. The fact that you can switch between characters at any time, the amazing slowdown that is created when you “pause” to consider your tactical options to select certain moves, and that you have to use your surroundings to your advantage in combat is really engaging and exciting during a fight. It works really well.

Don't forget they also said the classic turn based style of the first game is a option that can be turned on and off too, so players won't be forced to only play the new gameplay style. It is nice they tried to include both sides of the gameplay fandom there.

8 hours ago, Lord-Dreamerz said:

Don't forget they also said the classic turn based style of the first game is a option that can be turned on and off too, so players won't be forced to only play the new gameplay style. It is nice they tried to include both sides of the gameplay fandom there.

This is a thing. Buuuut hopefully the purist part of the fandom understand it’s not going to be exactly the same.

Its something we found out when discussing it with some of the Playstation representatives when we were there, my friend misunderstood telling them he was excited there was an option to play it just like FFVII and they kept awkwardly trying to explain that it’s not exactly how classic mode functions. 

Best way to think of it is that it just disables the action based combat and places all characters into AI mode than yourself controlling them running around hacking and slashing. So it’s more of an illusion of a classic mode that templates over the standard gameplay type. 

Basically, everything is pretty much exactly the same except that your characters acts automatically until the ATB fills up to make the bigger actions. The ability to pause/slowdown to choose special attacks/ potions/magic is part of the standard new action orientated gameplay regardless of what mode you choose, you’re just even more of a tactician in classic mode is all.

However, it is still great that they included this as an option even at all.