Awoo.

South Park: The Fractured But Whole

Pawn

....god damn it I kept thinking 2019 not 18 for some reason. The game was announced 2015 iirc wasn't it? So if it comes out spring 2018 that would be 3 years 

7 hours ago, Dejimon11 said:

Woah woah woah now that's an exaggeration there. At least Ubisoft has proven their worth thanks to the stick of truth unlike MN9. 

Though that's not to say that their worth has been left intact ever since 7th gen. 

• Thumbs Up 2

7 hours ago, Dejimon11 said:

Woah woah woah now that's an exaggeration there. At least Ubisoft has proven their worth thanks to the stick of truth unlike MN9. 

First, they were only publishing it; Obsidian Entertainment were the developers.

Second, they literally savaged a project that failed due to the previous publisher's bankrupcy (THQ) and this lead to a looot of cut content from the final product; the end result was still solid, but it could have been even better.

Third, in these last couple of years Ubisoft has only spiraled down in negativity with its products, with only very selective exceptions here and there (Child of Light, Valiant Hearts and now For Honor), so i think the lack of optimism is justifiable. Not to a point of comparing to MN9, but they're on a good road for it.

I mean let's remember this is the same company who made a game even more notoriously flawed and buggy than 06.

Not only that,  but they also screwed up Tetris on the PS4 with their reasoning being that having too many friends on PSN was somehow the problem!

Meh, games these days tend to get delayed reguardless of what company they're made from, one more into the pile is not surprising (still sad though).

• Thumbs Up 1

Another full year though? I can get games like FFXV being a few months, but this already got a year delay and now it's getting another? Personally can't get how some people are just so accepting or okay with a game getting constant game delays. Like if this ends up getting one more delay next year to 2019 I honestly won't get how people will just go "meh, delays happen I don't mind" Not to mention this is Ubisoft which isn't exactly the greatest with justifications 

Where was it confirmed to be another full year? The reason it's not counted for Ubi's 2016-2017 year profits is that they end on April 1st, and since it's delayed, it technically can't be in that time bracket now. They haven't confirmed a new date.

Although it might worry you that even Amazon doesn't have a new placeholder date. It's just listed as "We'll get more information back on the item when a date is determined". 

7 hours ago, KHCast said:

Another full year though? I can get games like FFXV being a few months, but this already got a year delay and now it's getting another? Personally can't get how some people are just so accepting or okay with a game getting constant game delays. Like if this ends up getting one more delay next year to 2019 I honestly won't get how people will just go "meh, delays happen I don't mind" Not to mention this is Ubisoft which isn't exactly the greatest with justifications 

Way how I see it is as long as the game is good in the end it doesn't really matter much and its not like there isn't a shortage of quality games coming out this year (these first 4 months of the year alone are pretty much packed with good releases). Plus, as two said, games have been getting delayed a lot recently and I actually respect a lot of devs for doing it more often now since it shows them caring about not just rushing it out and having a whole bunch of patches later (not saying this is always the case but still) so at the end of the day I'm not too bothered by this.

1 hour ago, MegasonicZX said:

Way how I see it is as long as the game is good in the end it doesn't really matter much and its not like there isn't a shortage of quality games coming out this year (these first 4 months of the year alone are pretty much packed with good releases). Plus, as two said, games have been getting delayed a lot recently and I actually respect a lot of devs for doing it more often now since it shows them caring about not just rushing it out and having a whole bunch of patches later (not saying this is always the case but still) so at the end of the day I'm not too bothered by this.

Well to me,constant delays is a sign of poor foresight from the company me a lack of proper preparation. Especially when again we're looking at triple a devs with tons of money and assets and employees. Don't give a solid date or window time and time again if you aren't confident in it  realistically releasing anytime soon

• 2 months later...

Release date officialized (hopefully): October 17 2017.

• 3 months later...

It looks like the creators added an extra layer of realism to TFBH:

South Park: The Fractured but Whole's difficulty slider changes the colour of your skin

During the character creation section of the game, which you can see in the video below (skip to the five minutes and 40 seconds mark), you select the difficulty of the game. What's interesting is the easier the difficulty, the lighter your character's skin. Conversely, the harder the difficulty, the darker your character's skin. It means if you want to play The Fractured but Whole on a harder than normal difficulty, you have to play as a person of colour.

During the process, South Park stalwart Eric Cartman will comment: "Don't worry, this doesn't affect combat. Just every other aspect of your whole life."

Our Aoife Wilson and Chris Bratt, who captured the gameplay in the video, asked Ubisoft developers about this feature during a recent hands-on event. They were told the difficulty of the game affects the amount of money you receive and the way other characters speak to you throughout the course of the game. It is, quite clearly, a social commentary on racism in modern society, and as far as video games go, a pretty effective one.

Not only that but:

Later in the game, The Fractured but Whole asks you to choose your character's gender. In a conversation with South Park school counsellor Mr Mackey (the "drugs are bad MKAY" guy), you must choose from three options: male, female and other. In previous South Park game A Stick of Truth, you had to play as a boy.

Our Aoife and Chris picked female. Mr Mackey ums and ahs before calling your parents, who reinforce the decision.

• 1 month later...

So finished the game. As much as I love it, I'm bothered by its story and blatant inconsistencies. Now the contained story itself is hilarious, don't get me wrong, but the writers and creators insisting this to be directly after Stick of Truth just comes off like blatant bullshit for a number of reasons. 

1. Stick of truth canonically happens after the Black Friday episodes, and does not reference current seasons. Principle Victoria is still the principal of the school, Garrison is still there, etc. You're really trying to sell me that a day after these events FBW happens? Speaking of which 

2. FBW very clearly is set in the current season. That's just a fact that can't be altered. The prequel episode is very obviously set in season 21. And both of those use material only brought up in season 20 and 21. (PC Principal, Tweak x Craig, Member Berries, no sign of Garrison, etc.) 

There's no real way to put these two back to back, and that's what frustrates me about the game. That the writers are not really thinking or putting much thought canonically, and throwing it wherever and establishing the two in a set time frame in a series already full of inconsistencies. It doesn't matter in the long run, but it's still a story pet peeve of mine.

After watching the PC Principal boss fight (i don't really watch South Park that much btw :/) i think i'm sold on the game. what do i need to know?

18 hours ago, KHCast said:

So finished the game. As much as I love it, I'm bothered by its story and blatant inconsistencies. Now the contained story itself is hilarious, don't get me wrong, but the writers and creators insisting this to be directly after Stick of Truth just comes off like blatant bullshit for a number of reasons. 

1. Stick of truth canonically happens after the Black Friday episodes, and does not reference current seasons. Principle Victoria is still the principal of the school, Garrison is still there, etc. You're really trying to sell me that a day after these events Stick of truth happens? Speaking of which 

2. Stick of truth very clearly is set in the current season. That's just a fact that can't be altered. The prequel episode is very obviously set in season 21. And both of those use material only brought up in season 20 and 21. (PC Principal, Tweak x Craig, Member Berries, no sign of Garrison, etc.) 

There's no real way to put these two back to back, and that's what frustrates me about the game. That the writers are not really thinking or putting much thought canonically, and throwing it wherever and establishing the two in a set time frame in a series already full of inconsistencies. It doesn't matter in the long run, but it's still a story pet peeve of mine.

Cartman really did time travel in the start of the game? :U

On 10/20/2017 at 2:07 PM, Ryannumber1Scarer said:

Cartman really did time travel in the start of the game? :U

Spoiler

Wasn't it stated he just changed costumes and claimed he traveled back in time? 

They never really have any indication for it. Also edited my post cause for some reason I said SoT sometimes instead of FBW.:/

36 minutes ago, KHCast said:
  Hide contents

Wasn't it stated he just changed costumes and claimed he traveled back in time? 

They never really have any indication for it. Also edited my post cause for some reason I said SoT sometimes instead of FBW.:/

Yes, that's the joke. The reason there's time inconsistencies is because Cartman who clearly didn't travel in time did.

The player doesn't however. He naturally goes directly from the events of SoT to FBW. Which simply doesn't add up or make any sense to me 

1 hour ago, KHCast said:

The player doesn't however. He naturally goes directly from the events of SoT to FBW. Which simply doesn't add up or make any sense to me 

Dude, you're missing the point. I'm not saying that it does or doesn't make sense, I'm (not the game) making a joke that Cartman really did go back in time and that's why it somehow does both. That's not the actual answer, that's just a joke because we the player know that Cartman didn't travel in time.

Spoiler

I wasn't expecting this game to reference Sonic Adventure 2 of all things.  These are all quotes taken directly from the final boss fight against Mitch Conner.