spinny

Shenmue 3 (PS4/PC) - November 19, 2019

cautiously curious. also confused as to what sega's role here is- if a bayonetta 2-style "we wash our hands off this, use our IP as you want as you're the one financing" or if the franchise's legit not theirs anymore

EDIT: the official site puts the copyright entirely with YsNet. Shenmue's officially not SEGA's anymore, I think.

Sooo, none of those kickstarter tiers seem to be geared toward the PS4 physical copy. (My guess they arn't planning on one?)

I guess I'll be pledging on one of the mid teirs and I'll pay a little more to pick up a physical copy if it crops up.

Apparently Ken Sugimori was one of the funders that donated $10,000. I wonder how many game industry people donated money to the campaign?

Another thing that's been on my mind. Don't you guys think that $2 million is too small for a game like Shenmue? I mean, the original cost a ton more of money than that so what's the deal?

Is it to show Sony that there's demand for the game? Do they even support games that are going to come out for PC? What is Sega's involvement in this? It wasn't that far that F4F statue was released under the Sega All-star banner so I hardly doubt they gave up the IP.

Wow. This and the FF7 remake are insane.

I hope we get remasters of the first two. Would be kind of pointless for a majority of gamers otherwise.

I wonder why Sony couldn't just sling Yu the 2 mil

It officially reached $1,500,000.

Yeah, you can say this thing will be pretty much wrapped up in the few hours. Time to pack it in, boys and girls.

Oh yeeah...it also became the fastest game to hit 1 million on Kickstarter ever, as well as second fastest of any KS campaign at an hour and 40 minutes to reach that amount.

http://www.cnet.com/news/shenmue-3-becomes-fastest-game-to-ever-hit-1-million-on-kickstarter/

It's at 1,961,000 at this point and counting. It's kind of surreal that we're getting this game after all the joking around people have made about the game getting announced at E3.

Now we're probably going to get a Shenmue & Knuckles at this point.