Awoo.

"For Honor" (Tactical) swords and grunting

Phos

You like swords, right?  Hopefully, cause that's mostly what this game's about:

Calling it a new genre, as they kinda try to spin, it's exactly accurate, as games such as Mount & Blade have tried for similar things as well before, But what sets this apart is you actually control what guard you're in (basically, how you hold the sword) by holding the right stick in a direction, left right or top.  Also shown off so far: axes, flails, I imagine it's going to include maces as well.

Matches feature 4v4 players with AI mooks, fighting over control points.  Upon hitting 1000 tickets, the opposing team loses the ability to respawn, this can happen to both teams in a match.  

Biggest downside?  I imagine this will involve Uplay.

• Thumbs Up 2

Game looks pretty interesting. I hope it's good...but Ubisoft. 

• Thumbs Up 1

This was actually the only thing I gave a shit about during Ubi's press conference today. I love those kinds of settings and the game looked both brutal and tactical in a way. It actually looked like something I'd really enjoy.

Although, as state in the OP, fucking Uplay. It will almost assuredly be a thing, so I'll just stick with Chivalry: Medieval Warfare for now.

This honestly looks like a more flashy Mount and Blade/War of the Roses with lock-on but without the actual depth. I doubt we'll get the amazing and visceral archery mechanics of War of the Roses, for example. Even Chivalry has more depth than this. Pass.

For anyone who finds this stuff vaguely interesting, just buy Mount and Blade: Warband (and the Viking Conquest expansion while you're at it), War of the Roses or Chivalry. Or wait for Mount and Blade II.

This game's method of directional blocking is a lot more realistic than what you get with mount & blade, and particularly War of the Roses, which featured people shuffling into battle with their sword cocked.