Awoo.

Metroid Prime: Federation Force...?

Wraith

Just announced at the Nintendo Digital Event. 4 player Metroid Prime game where you play as the galactic federation. Samus isn't playable.

OP will be updated as more info comes in

It's releasing in 2016

I don't know enough about it. I can say that the Metroid Prime Hunters multiplayer was one of the few I ever really got into back in the day, so I'll be happy if we get any more of that. But as far as potential single-player goes, I have no idea what to expect here. :/

Ugh. I'm sure they're making real Metroid games, but this is seriously not the way to bring it back after 5 years of nothing.

• Thumbs Up 1

What the actual fuck was that. It's like they listened to fans wanting a new Metroid but did it to literally tell them to go fuck their pathetic selves..

You know what makes me sad is that I actually kind of wanted something like this. A game about the Federation, and the multi-player coop thing actually makes sense since they're not Samus. But who's fucking idea was it to make it look fucking cute and cartoony?

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/metroid/images/5/5e/PED_Trooper_Render.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20090315181541

How the hell did you get that from this?

Moreover, when the fuck are we going to get a proper Metroid game? We haven't had one since fucking 2007.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yep, mhm, this is what we wanted. Yep. Mhm. Dumb multiplayer co-op game - probably mission-based - that doesn't even let you play as Samus. Yep. MHM. Five years. FIVE YEARS. WE HAVE WAITED FIVE YEARS FOR A REVIVAL.

AND NINTENDO HATH DELIVERED

...oh well you know what they're giving us a new star fox I can't stay mad for long

Fuck this.

What the actual fuck Nintendo?

Also fucking called it on Sunday, blast ball had too much in common with Metroid's HUD and art style, I fucking knew it.

• Thumbs Up 1

My reaction was as thus;

"Oh, it's that Blast Ball game from the NWC."

"Oh, it's not, it's Metroid."

"Oh, it's both."

"...Oh."

• Thumbs Up 1

Uuuuuuuuu......I'm not sure how I feel about Nintendo's E3, got some hits, but boy a lot of miss for me.

Sure its not a mainline Metroid, but hey, Metroid is rating spinoffs again, which is a good sign

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm glad they haven't forgotten about the series, but ffiuuuuuck.

They could have at least teased a mainline game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm glad they haven't forgotten about the series, but ffiuuuuuck.

They could have at least teased a mainline game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would be upset about this, but it kinda just feels like a random spinoff. Yeah it's the first Metroid thing in a long time, but eh. Probably should've been a new IP, but I don't think it really makes a big difference either way.

• Thumbs Up 1

Surely this is just a spin off. There's gotta be a much bigger Metroid game on the horizon... .__.

It looks okay, but dammit why not a proper Metroid platformer??

• Thumbs Up 2

So after thinking on it for a bit longer: say what you will about Blast Ball, but Federation Force itself? I do think think that looks alright. Is it what we've been waiting all these years for? Nooooooooooooooooo. But it looks fun, I'll take it.

... Well, I'm sure that this will be, at the very least, a decent game--the devs are Next Level Games. Not gonna lie, though, when I said I wanted a new Metroid (Prime) game, this couldn't be further from what I had in mind.

The cartoony visuals look rather off for a series like this, though. I really hope that they don't do something like this for the next main Metroid game...

• Thumbs Up 1

It looks cool through the visor display, if you squint hard enough it's like a portable Metroid.

Then when you see the enemy designs and realize you're some Aperture Lab's mech reject you start to break down and cry slowly.

GG Nintendo.