Awoo.

NieR : Automata (PS4, Square Enix & Platinum Games) [2016]

Ming Ming Hatsune

My god how is it possible for a game to look this good? Seriously man i'm going to have a stroke from how hyped up I am for this and BoTW.

This is the game I looked forward to see on E3 the most. It looks great.

I sincerely hope it doesn't go under people's radars like the first game(s*).

*There was 2 different versions of Nier but we only got one while the other stayed in Japan as you probably knew.

• 7 months later...

Final trailer before the release of the game (WARNING: potential minor spoilers, watch on your own discretion):

There are so many things i can speculate and say, but the only one non-spoiler i'll just leave (since the character was already confirmed in a previous trailer) is that at 1:47 you can hear Emil's official voice actress (Julie Ann Taylor), meaning she's reprising her role.

As for the rest:

Spoiler

*Well, we knew already that Eve has the mark of the Watchers and red eyes from an early trailer, but what does this imply i don't know. Between ending E of the first Drakengard and the beginning of the first NieR, all of Red Eye's salt forces were annihilated and sealed in a pocket dimension for good. Unless the organization has found an old relic or something.

*At this point it's more clear than before that there will be some sort of treason from 2B that will make her (and maybe 9S too) fight the rest of the organization including A2, Adam/Eve and the Commander (Devola and Popola too?).

*Still hiding the misterious final character, but at this point i have no idea who could it be; Kainé? NieR's replicant? Caim's mummified corpse? No clue.

The hype is real. Make Yoko Taro happy and buy this game, he deserves it.

• Thumbs Up 1

From the first E3 showing that confirmed Platinum Games is helpibg work on this, I immediately had this interest in it.

I've played the demo and I definitely feel Platinum vibes...but I am a newcomer to this series so that's fine right? Nothing I really have to play beforehand to maje sense of this game's plot do I?

On 11/2/2017 at 10:44 PM, TCB said:

From the first E3 showing that confirmed Platinum Games is helpibg work on this, I immediately had this interest in it.

I've played the demo and I definitely feel Platinum vibes...but I am a newcomer to this series so that's fine right? Nothing I really have to play beforehand to maje sense of this game's plot do I?

As a self contained story you'll probably be fine since the game takes place like over 10 thousand years after the original NieR.

With that said, there seems to be several references to past titles (and more importantly, the YorHa stageplay) so I guess it'll be a Revengeance-like scenario where you can get everything that's happening in front of you, but the context behind said occurrences might be lost unless you know the lore behind the series.

Take for example the white haired guy who seems like he's going crazy on the story trailer, you don't need to know what the symbols appearing on his chest means but people who played Drakengard 1 (notice that's not even a NieR Gestalt/Replicant connection here) will know what is it all about and will properly chimp out like I did when I watched said trailer.

With that said, there was a gameplay video published reently, it's 25 minutes and it reveals a few neat mechanics.

Spoiler

Like the fact that everytime you die in game you actually die and the next character you play as is a replacement. Which you can actually use to either get back your gear and stuff in a similar way to a Souls game, or actually try to repair the broken unit and let it join you.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm just happy sjw have not been able to touch this game,  looking how Yoko is actually praising the crazy fan art. Lol its fun and she's a great looking character with hips. Though her dub voice makes me cringe.  I do want the collectors edition sadly that money is going toward a switch and just getting the day one edition

You'll play the English version to...

Spoiler

... hear Emil's voice again...

... And you'll like it.

Probably.

Anyway, it seems like the previews are starting to pour in since an hispanic reviewer also got to play the same demo posted above and got a little further into the desert, watch at your own risk because there be spoilers.

Spoiler

If you thought 2B's costume was revealing boy are you in for a surprise.

Apparently, if you pre-order from Amazon, you get a t-shirt with Emil's face on it.

...Yoko Taro, are you ok?