Awoo.

MDS's art & graphic creations

Monkey Destruction Switch

@Mightyray So glad you like it. Thanks so much for giving me a request, I'm glad this service of mine is getting some use already. :)

Also, good news: it's already been approved! Since it's your request and your drawing and character, let me know if you want me to change or add anything to the title or description. https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/borris-worries-a-lot/

• Thumbs Up 1

Just curious, does FireFox have any addons that allow something like theme rotation or anything like that?  Or am I going to have to commit to one?  My indecisiveness makes me the most difficult person!

1 minute ago, Tara said:

Just curious, does FireFox have any addons that allow something like theme rotation or anything like that?  Or am I going to have to commit to one?  My indecisiveness makes me the most difficult person!

As far as I can tell, there used to be one, but it doesn't work anymore. (It's this, but look at the reviews - it apparently doesn't do anything now, which is not surprising since Firefox recently revamped their add-ons system.) Seems like something that should exist, so hopefully a working add-on of that nature will be created someday. I did find an add-on that makes it especially easy to change your themes (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/theme-toggler/), and it is pretty easy to change your themes even without that add-on, so "committing" to a theme doesn't have to be all that committal.

15 minutes ago, Monkey Destruction Switch said:

As far as I can tell, there used to be one, but it doesn't work anymore. (It's this, but look at the reviews - it apparently doesn't do anything now, which is not surprising since Firefox recently revamped their add-ons system.) Seems like something that should exist, so hopefully a working add-on of that nature will be created someday. I did find an add-on that makes it especially easy to change your themes (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/theme-toggler/), and it is pretty easy to change your themes even without that add-on, so "committing" to a theme doesn't have to be all that committal.

The theme toggler has like one review and it's one-star, so I'm not sure if I'd trust it.  But thanks!  I'll keep it in mind!  I'll find something to request later!

3 hours ago, Tara said:

The theme toggler has like one review and it's one-star, so I'm not sure if I'd trust it.  But thanks!  I'll keep it in mind!  I'll find something to request later!

Yeah, I noticed that too, but I looked at the review and the user is using an old version of Firefox, so it's not surprising it doesn't work for them. I installed it myself and it's just fine, actually.

Of course, it's already easy enough to switch between themes in Firefox, so it's not essential.

Might make another request afterward because I can't decide on one.  But for now, we'll keep it simple!  I was wondering if you could make a theme for Maki?  I quite like this image-

_render__6__love_live_maki_by_lovelivere

(Just a note, despite being a DA embed, this is an official render, not a fan art)

I really don't have a specific design in mind, but I had some ideas that you can either use or not use.  Up to you!

• If it could be centered around the color red (as that is her color)
  • If it could have a sort of theme of music and/or old-timey Japan

Those are kind of abstract, I know.  Sorry I don't have anything more specific to work with.

Let me know if you're up to it!  Thanks a bunch! <3

@Tara Done! At the end of the day it looks really simple, but hopefully it's still good, heh. Feel free to give feedback or request changes! The screenshot comes from me viewing it as a custom theme with the Personas Plus add-on (which I also remember allows you to switch between themes quickly if that interests you); I submitted it but it hasn't been reviewed yet. Once it's reviewed I can make changes to it if you'd like, though!

pZiC8Df.png

• Thumbs Up 1

It looks really nice!  Thank you!

The only problem I really have is that a lot her head isn't really in the frame, but I get that it's a kind of difficult picture to do that with, so if it can't be done without sacrificing anything else, then I wouldn't worry about it!

9 hours ago, Tara said:

It looks really nice!  Thank you!

The only problem I really have is that a lot her head isn't really in the frame, but I get that it's a kind of difficult picture to do that with, so if it can't be done without sacrificing anything else, then I wouldn't worry about it!

You're welcome!

Yeah, I was thinking that might be a problem. I just chose that placement in my quest to make her face visible, not too small, and not covered up by UI elements. If you don't mind me shrinking the picture further, I could probably make it better. Just depends on your priorities.

More importantly, it's been reviewed so you can use it now: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/love-live-maki/

Feel free to make more requests! I really enjoy doing this.

• Thumbs Up 1

For my second request, could you perhaps make a Riko theme as well?  I really love this Valentine's Day set!

1444Transparent.png

Some general thoughts as per last time-

• If it can be centered around a sort of cranberry-ish color palette
  • Since it's a Valentine's Day set, if it can have a Valentinesy feel with hearts and flowers and stuff, that would also  be cool.

Again, you can do or not do these suggestions.  Up to you!  Thanks again in advance!  These are awesome! XP <3

@Tara This one was actually pretty quick to make (once I started on it, didn't start as quickly as last time), but I think it looks better than the last one, haha. I forgot about the flowers, but there are hearts, so hopefully that's good!!

Ix9zcSE.png

I think the only big problem is that the buttons are a little harder to see, but hopefully it's fine. Let me know if you have any feedback. I'll let you know when it's approved and thus can be used.

• Thumbs Up 2

@Tara It's been approved! https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/love-live-riko/

Incidentally, I also created a background-only version just because. https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/cranberry-color-hearts/

Feel free to submit more requests, everyone! This is fun! <3

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

My first attempt at drawing Michael Jackson, in a cartoony style of course. It's a lot better than I feared it might be, to be honest. I'll keep working on drawing him, so hopefully look forward to more MJ fan art in the future.

y3lZhC0.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Nice Smile 1

Hello, new member and I saw this topic and would like to request a firefox theme for the following anime character Kaname Chidori from Full Metal Panic!

If I need to supply images or rendered images for the character I can do so but I enclose a link to a thumbnail image for you to see the character, thank you in advance for the work!

http://enacademic.com/dic.nsf/enwiki/2211046

4 hours ago, darth_tails said:

Hello, new member and I saw this topic and would like to request a firefox theme for the following anime character Kaname Chidori from Full Metal Panic!

If I need to supply images or rendered images for the character I can do so but I enclose a link to a thumbnail image for you to see the character, thank you in advance for the work!

http://enacademic.com/dic.nsf/enwiki/2211046

Feel free to supply images and renders if you want to (it does give you more control of the final product), but it's fine if you don't - I'll just find some online.

I'm actually about to take a short trip, so I most likely won't get to this until the weekend. Sorry about that!

@darth_tails I wish I had gotten this done sooner, it's not the best ever but I didn't want to delay any longer, haha. Feel free to ask for changes if you're not satisfied. Once it gets approved (which generally doesn't take more than a few hours, though it can take as much as a day), you'll be able to find it here: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/kaname-chidori/

xs0vdxf.png

• Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, tailsBOOM! said:

Can you design a Tails one for Chrome?

I said in my post of Firefox theme guidelines that I don't do themes for any other browsers, so no. I added a link to that post to the OP so it won't be missed in the future.

If you really want a theme from me, you could always try Firefox - it is pretty similar to Chrome these days and it's easy to transfer your data over, so it probably wouldn't be a huge adjustment. There's also already a Tails theme for Chrome, not sure if it appeals to you but it's out there.

• Way Past Cool 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/21/2018 at 11:14 AM, tailsBOOM! said:

Already have the one for Chrome, but I thought your designs were way past cool.

I know it's a long time ago, but thanks so much for the compliment!

My laptop has been out of commission for a week, so now that I have it back, one of my ways of celebrating is by making another Firefox theme. I haven't been making them lately and I'd like to change that. Sure, I'm busy, but I have to make at least a little room for creativity. The one I just made is nothing too fancy, just some colored lights. I made it by taking an abstract image and adding some blurs and filters. Hopefully, I'll keep making these in the future, since a lot of themes are like this, pretty fun and easy to make but still take a little bit of effort and give results that seem worthwhile.

LIIVvUw.png

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/mottled-color-lights/

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, it's been three days since my last post, so here are some more themes I did. I have to be honest, all of them were pretty low-effort. However, it's good to be doing a little something creative at least, and I don't want to abandon this thread like I always did before. I hope sometime in the future I will have more exciting things to share, but making myself do a little something will probably help motivate me to do more. The last two won't work until they've been approved, which will hopefully be soon.

Z5ZH2wI.png

Color Orbs

EKLtpoE.png

Colored Smoky Mottle

gIsehj1.png

Christian - Three Crosses

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

Now that school is out, I'm feeling like I'll finally be able to get back in the art groove that I unfortunately left so very long ago. One of these days, I'm actually going to be a decent digital colorist and not just use colored pencils every time, but today is not that day!

JDXd4a0.jpg

Just a quick drawing of my bubblegum race car driver character, Avery Mastick, once again! By the way, his suit is silvery because a lot of gum wrappers are that color, I even kinda subtly tried to make it look like it's constructed of gum wrappers put together, not sure if it's very visible though xP Normally race car drivers seem to have a lot of different sponsors, but I was thinking that Avery might be exclusively sponsored by a bubblegum brand (uncreatively named "Chew" for now) who uses them as one of their main forms of marketing.

And now for another very strange idea from the inexplicable workings of my imagination... In this story idea, there is a rare phenomenon where an individual will spontaneously transform into an utterly bizarre, and sometimes even horrifying, creature. The only thing that precipitates this is a few non-distinct aches and pains, and it is completely unknown what causes this, nor can any pattern be seen as far as what individuals are effected or when. It has no effect on the individual's personality whatsoever. It is rare enough that the government manages to hide its existence from most people, but it is common enough that there are quite a few "altered" people, as they're gently called, in the country (this takes place in America, btw). Unlike in the real world, there is a 51st state somewhere in the middle of the country, and through some shenanigans caused by some flowers native to the state that release chemicals with mental effects, most people think it's a non-exciting and somewhat unpleasant state that they don't care about and don't want to be in, and also whenever they go through the state, they always end up steering clear of large areas surrounded by large amounts of the flowers, not realizing that there's anything there. It is these areas where the altered people live their lives in an amazingly normal way. Thanks to a drug that the vast majority of residents of these areas voluntarily consume, they don't realize how bizarre and disturbing their situation actually is and just live life and interact as normal as though nothing were wrong. Of course, the changes to their bodies do necessitate notable changes in their lives and society, but they don't consider this anything strange or bothersome. It should also be noted that a lot of normal, non-altered people, mostly friends and relatives of the altered people, live in these areas too and also take the drug.

Yes, a very strange premise that I'm sure I'll need to tweak in many ways... Though it may sound disturbing, I plan on the story kind of being a somewhat light-hearted slice of life story that revels in the sheer surreality and horror-humor of ungodly abominations acting like and being treated like totally normal people. However, there will be dark and sad moments when people actually deal with how bad the situation really is. I also plan on it being a somewhat thought-provoking story in some ways, dealing with themes of acceptance and judging people as well as the moral merits or lack thereof of the system in place in this story.

Anyway, here is one of the main characters in the story. Her name for now is McKayla Denbey, though that's just something I thought of fast, so I may change it. She is an eager, cheerful, and big-hearted college girl who is extremely friendly and loyal to her friends. She loves girly and cute things and has a fashion sense somewhat reminiscent of a middle schooler, but don't underestimate her for that reason, as she's actually very smart. Because of the nutritional needs that she has with her altered body, she mainly eats raw organ meat, and in large quantities. Bloody cow stomachs are her favorite.

JHPI5s1.jpg

I've been working on a lot more character designs for this series. I'm trying my best to make them creative and distinct from each other. Here's another one I did, though the character isn't developed much yet:

B7VohvC.jpg

When I told my sisters about this idea of mine, one of them asked me in a skeptical manner, "What's the target audience for this?" My answer was "Me!" :P Because yes, it does contain a lot of incongruous elements...

• Thumbs Up 3

Hot damn! I love your monster OC's they look really cool! Also there is no shame in using coloured pencils, you can do some awesome blending work with them and can create some nice effects too!

• Thumbs Up 1

The sour cream and onion made me laugh harder than i should've XD. Love what you're doing here

• Thumbs Up 1