Awoo.

MDS's art & graphic creations

Monkey Destruction Switch

Thank you for the compliments ❤️

@MightyRay It means a lot that you like my colored pencil usage. I really enjoy using colored pencils and the effects you can make with them. You've encouraged me to keep using them and improving with them!

3dFbOo1.jpg

Here's a new "de-Sonic-ized" version of the Sonicsona I've had since I was young. Even though I'm a girl, I'm experimenting with giving this character an ambiguous look.

X5K3g2K.jpg

Anyone remember Neopets?? xP

• Thumbs Up 5

Look at you go! You're getting better and better and your non-binary looking OC is so cute! I love them! I also didn't know Neopets had a rainbow critter... might have to draw them now since I love rainbows!

• Thumbs Up 1

Thank you ❤️

No more finished drawings yet. I'm currently trying my hand at drawing Michael Jackson again and it's far form done, but it's notable in that it's closer to realistic than the vast majority of what I draw.

P1vRNJd.jpg

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Promotion 1

That's the start of a really, really nice portrait. You definitely took a lot of time to study his face and it seemed pretty recognizable to me before I even read your summary.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/29/2018 at 12:27 AM, Zaysho said:

That's the start of a really, really nice portrait. You definitely took a lot of time to study his face and it seemed pretty recognizable to me before I even read your summary.

Thank you very much! ❤️

I finally finished it and I'm not sure what I think, it kinda looks like a cross of Michael and Jermaine to me... :P But at any rate, I'm proud of myself for stepping outside of my comfort zone.

UWNJhC5.jpg

Here are some more drawings I did since my last post (yes, most of them are Neopets xP)

MAHLzq4.jpg

oH008ZY.jpg

rul5aL8.jpg

PKqMPmB.jpg

• Thumbs Up 4

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks ^^ I'm glad you liked it.

Here's yet another Neopet:

Stammered-2018-06-22.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3

Yet another Neopets pic:

08PnISy.jpg

At the last minute, I decided to finally do something for Sonic's birthday - a quick drawing of him.

xg7ILhZ.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 3

I'm going to make it my goal to post here frequently. Here's another Neopet I did.

CqZuWM7.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 1

23 hours ago, MightyRay said:

Oh my goodness more rainbow friends! I love this one, what's their name?

The species is Flotsam, a Rainbow Flotsam to be precise. This individual doesn't have a name I'm afraid. Let's call him Robert, that's a good name ;) Also, thanks! Glad you like it! ^^

• Thumbs Up 1

Here is another drawing of the character I introduced a while ago, currently named McKayla Denby. I'm still working on her design, as you can see she looks fairly different from before. In part because of advice from my sister, I'm trying to make her more streamlined. Ignore the fact that her hind legs are much shorter than her front legs, that was an accident and I have no idea how I don't notice stuff like that sometimes.

zfTyKpW.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 1

A drawing of Yamcha, my favorite Dragon Ball character. I've only watched a couple seasons of the original Dragon Ball and nothing else, but I hope to fix that eventually.

hvOlZ0j.jpg

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Nice Smile 1

Thanks ^-^

OQ9vBBV.jpg

This piece is actually an attempt to communicate some of my personal feelings about certain emotional problems I had in the past that were connected to certain religious beliefs I had. To this day I am very committed to Christianity beyond a doubt; the problem was not the religion itself, it was certain beliefs that crept in that I now believe are a total distortion of Christianity and have little to do with the true faith, combined with my own messed-up mentality and emotions, that were the problem. But I'm not going to go into detail right now. It was nice to create a piece that had some personal meaning and I would like to continue to do so in the future. This is the same self-representing character from earlier, but I've decided its design is flexible and can change often.

a3IXYue.png

I forgot where my drawing tablet was for a long time, but thankfully my sister remembered, so I finally have use of it again. So in the future, there may be a mix of digital and traditional pieces. This is just a dog doodle.

OH3PwSJ.png

Drawing all of MJ was too hard, so I tried just drawing his eye.

6Y5uo8Q.jpg

This piece kind of represents how sometimes sadness can bring out our darker impulses.

• Thumbs Up 7

16 hours ago, Monkey Destruction Switch said:

It was nice to create a piece that had some personal meaning and I would like to continue to do so in the future. This is the same self-representing character from earlier, but I've decided its design is flexible and can change often.

That's interesting. I've been encouraged a lot to try and express my feelings through my art. I usually resist the idea but I have dabbled in it recently. If you can't express yourself in words, then why not find other creative ways to do it?

It's also worth saying that as a fellow artist that has lost all confidence in using traditional colouring methods, I still enjoy seeing them used and I have great respect for those that can handle them with such ease and talent, such as yourself. That last picture is so true, too.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/11/2018 at 4:00 PM, DanJ86 said:

That's interesting. I've been encouraged a lot to try and express my feelings through my art. I usually resist the idea but I have dabbled in it recently. If you can't express yourself in words, then why not find other creative ways to do it?

It's also worth saying that as a fellow artist that has lost all confidence in using traditional colouring methods, I still enjoy seeing them used and I have great respect for those that can handle them with such ease and talent, such as yourself. That last picture is so true, too.

Thanks for the compliments!

I'll hopefully post more drawings soon, for now here are some Firefox themes I've made recently (all MJ-based, lol). I am still taking requests and suggestions if anyone feels like it, btw!

nYdIvsX.png

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/michael-jackson-classic-gray/

88gppz4.png

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/michael-jackson-bw/

CSMdolJ.png

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/michael-jackson-close-up/

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

I haven't updated this in a long time, but I've still been drawing. I don't feel like sorting through and scanning a bunch of stuff, so I'll just show a couple of things for now.

I'm putting this one in a spoiler due to depiction of blood and organs.

Spoiler

U2lKnPU.jpg

This is that character I posted earlier, McKayla Denby.

JJ7qXGR.jpg

This is just another Neopet, nothing remarkable about it but I felt like posting it because it's digitally colored and I haven't done much of that. There's accidentally a grey section of the original paper drawing it was based on that I haven't removed because I'm the epitome of laziness.

I will post more soon, hopefully.

• Thumbs Up 2

Here is just a dump of more Neopets art that I haven't posted here yet. The second one goes pretty far from the actual pets' design though. Funny how it usually takes a hilariously outdated kiddie game to motivate me to actually make finished, colored pieces!

ixi17641-2018-07-27.jpg

GRIFFONDOR395789478G-2018-08-03.jpg

storymakerechidna1532311043.jpg

GREEN_GEORGE-2018-09-07.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 1

• 2 weeks later...

I did the pencil lineart of this a while ago and inked & colored it today. Yet another picture on the theme of people transforming into weird creatures but still being normal people on the inside. Coloring & finishing pics is something I'm planning on doing a lot more often in the coming weeks, 'cause I've drawn plenty of pencil pictures in the past weeks but not made too many of them into finished works yet.

P7fOYP2.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

I love the weird creature you've made! It's like a jellyfish fused with a shell full of worms and yet looks so pretty! 

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you Mighty! ^-^

Two more Neo's:

ZvmdZBI.jpg

8DMzxLp.jpg

Doggo doodles:

ZbrjuZw.jpg

AWVDJCF.jpg

Random creature:

F09sCNI.jpg

This pic is a little rough and probably not the final design, but it's a new character that I will hopefully talk more about soon.

6j8pXeR.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

So I did a bunch of inking and coloring this evening. Some of these are colored with some effort and some just have a tiny bit of rough color, and the lineart quality varies too. Some are very basic doodles, some are er...slightly more advanced doodles! I'm listing them roughly in order of quality (high to low).

pqJXbsl.jpg

FcmpG3d.jpg

MgcKGkO.jpg

FVBnj0W.jpgCV2i9Lq.jpg

oph0XQD.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

mTWVG9l.jpg

Yet another character idea - this is my first drawing of him, so who knows how I might change the design in the future. Most of my character ideas are "[something really bizarre] but they're a pretty nice normal person" and this is no exception. He's a being formed of negative emotions, but he's a pretty nice normal person. I'll explain in more detail later, perhaps! I think I'm naming him Kyle, I wanted a really generic boring name to contrast with his bizarre nature, which is why I made that status update a bit ago (thanks @JosepHenry, I decided to go with yours).

D5dPETM.jpg

This is Frankie from the kids' educational software series JumpStart. He's been through MANY design changes over the years. The design in this piece is based on a combination of some different designs he's had over the years.

• Thumbs Up 4