Awoo.

Offline Automatic Ads Sends You Somewhere Else

TailsTellsTales

I have been getting an annoying thing where ads pop up from nowhere. It only happens when you are not logged into the place here. What happens for me at least is if you go to a thread and if you not stop it from loading all the way it will automatically take you to another place for some ad it happens half time than. When you click back it does not go back to the page you was on but instead goes back to the page before that. It means you have to click on the page you want again then stop it before loading all the way up to prevent the ad from showing up. Why does this happen for anyway? By the way this occurred while using mobile device on IP Board theme.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tara

• TailsTellsTales

• Burnt Ash

• Sunwalker

Kinda sounds to me like you have something on your computer.  Also, some browser extensions inject ads into pages.  

We do have a redirect issue that pertains to Google, but this is our first time receiving any reports on redirection issues within the forum itself.  As such, I'm going to echo that this is probably a problem with your computer.  Might I asking the following-

• What OS are you using? (Windows 8, Mac, etc.)
  • What platform are you using? (PC, tablet, mobile phone, etc.)
  • What browser are you using? (Internet Explorer, Chrome, etc.)
  • Are there any extensions to your browser? (AdBlock Plus, etc.)

I'm heavily guessing that this is a problem with your device.  Some viruses are known for injecting redirects into pages you visit.  So I'd recommend looking into some sort of antivirus, such as AVG or Windows Defender if you have Windows.

I have been getting an annoying thing where ads pop up from nowhere. It only happens when you are not logged into the place here. What happens for me at least is if you go to a thread and if you not stop it from loading all the way it will automatically take you to another place for some ad it happens half time than. When you click back it does not go back to the page you was on but instead goes back to the page before that. It means you have to click on the page you want again then stop it before loading all the way up to prevent the ad from showing up. Why does this happen for anyway? By the way this occurred while using mobile device on IP Board theme.

It sounds like a problem in your computer. The following tools work very well for removing adware, I recommend using both:

We do have a redirect issue that pertains to Google, but this is our first time receiving any reports on redirection issues within the forum itself.  As such, I'm going to echo that this is probably a problem with your computer.  Might I asking the following-

• What OS are you using? (Windows 8, Mac, etc.)
  • What platform are you using? (PC, tablet, mobile phone, etc.)
  • What browser are you using? (Internet Explorer, Chrome, etc.)
  • Are there any extensions to your browser? (AdBlock Plus, etc.)
I'm heavily guessing that this is a problem with your device.  Some viruses are known for injecting redirects into pages you visit.  So I'd recommend looking into some sort of antivirus, such as AVG or Windows Defender if you have Windows.

I use the google chrome and there is no adblock. I think it probably does have something to do with the device. It only happens if I am not logged in. It is real annoying but truthfully I not sure if there anything I can do for it.

Try it on FireFox or Internet Explorer and see if the problem persists.

If it does, try one of the tools linked by Sunwalker.  Alternatively, Malwarebytes might also be a good option for you.

This happens to me too. I was browsing SSMB offline and went into the Motber series topic and this one and experienced the same ad-redirection problem TailsTellsTales is describing. I'm using an android phone with the standard Internet app that they come with.