Awoo.

Live Action Rampage Movie

Badnik Mechanic

Rampage, yes that old game with the giant monsters is being turned into a movie.

Dwayne Johnson is re-teaming with New Line and producer Beau Flynn for Rampage, a live action feature that has been set for a 2016 summer production start.

The film is based on the classic 80’s Midway Arcade Game that has since had numerous incarnations on different gaming platforms.

They are keeping the plot under wraps, but the game involves three giant monsters–a gorilla, a lizard and a wolf–that wreak havoc on major cities and landmarks across North America.

Well.... Why not?

http://deadline.com/2015/06/dwayne-johnson-rampage-new-line-san-andreas-midway-arcade-game-beau-flynn-1201452141/

In a time where Hollywood is obsessed with resurrecting nostalgic properties, movie monsters, and ridiculous city destruction, one could say it was just a matter of time before a property that checks all three boxes would be looked at. I can't really be mad at this on paper.

• Thumbs Up 5

mlnl0m.jpg

Icky the Echidna or no sell.

Though, in all honesty, this has the potential to be a lot of fun if they play up the personalities of the monsters themselves rather than make it another generic giant monster movie focusing mostly on the regular human dudes. (Which, given Hollywood, they have a large chance of doing.) We shall see, I guess.

Rampage 1 and Through Time were so fucking fun. The Rock has been everywhere lately, but if this movie is as hammy as I hope it'll be then by all means, go on. I'm having a hard time thinking of a possible storyline though.   

This...could actually be fun, so long as they capture the right kind of cheesiness. Just give me ~90 mins of giant monsters smashing shit and fighting each other with just enough plot to hold it together and I'd watch it.

He managed to do a fun(though cheesy) Mysterious Island movie... You know what I hope though? That he's actually playing one of the monsters, especially if they go with the classic interpretation where the monsters are really mutated humans, of course that means he couldn't be the Lizard(as Lizy is female :P )

Wow, all of the Rampage Movie Posters in the games came true. Finally, we're getting a Rampage movie. 

Now please don't go the route of Godzilla 2014. 

Wow. I mean WOW. There is literally no way you could fuck this up. It's impossible. This could be really fun. I couldn't imagine this movie failing. I'm not being sarcastic either, I'm completely serious. I don't see how you could mess this up. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbSryqP0nu4

This is literally the most relevant that this clip is ever going to be.

I'm guessing The Rock is going to be some military commander going after the monsters. He doesn't fit any of the human forms of them and I don't think they'd get him for characters that'll mostly be CG.

mlnl0m.jpg

Icky the Echidna or no sell.

Though, in all honesty, this has the potential to be a lot of fun if they play up the personalities of the monsters themselves rather than make it another generic giant monster movie focusing mostly on the regular human dudes. (Which, given Hollywood, they have a large chance of doing.) We shall see, I guess.

I doubt we'll get more than Lizzie, George and Ralph, to be honest.