Awoo.

ScrewAttack weighs in on why people don't like Sonic

ThePrinceOfSaiyans

The video says something like "I'm going to tell you exactly what is wrong with Sonic", to which I (would) respond, "Ok, but it's probably not going to be right."

The video's drive seems to be the same weird victim blame I hear a lot, including from this very sight, that somehow it's the fans fault? I got bored so I'm not sure if it's the "you just hate it because it's different" type or the "you make Sonic a moving target" type, but in either case the extent of pandering that I've seen has largely just been superficial stuff like the embarrassing revival of the chili dog thing or some checkerboard grass textures on a level.

Oh yeah, Jim Sterling's thing, the issue I have with his is the posit that it's reasonable to for Sega to release multiple half baked games of the same type in order to then make good games of that same type, the half baked games shouldn't be released. I agree that it's also unreasonable for a game like Sonic to 100% reinvent it's gameplay every game, but the problems went deeper than the need to iterate on a style of game.

Well to help you fit right in: basically any article or video on the internet talking about why people don't like Sonic or why Sonic isn't doing well is practically no different to other articles written in the last several years.

I think the ONLY critic who has made a video about why Sonic hasn't been doing well, and actually got it right to where we all agreed with him, was Jim Sterling in his Jimquisition video. (can't remember what it was called tho)

This is the Jimquisition video.

I googled my name + "The Hedgehog" and found nothing (there was a link to DA but that was unrelated).

she was wrong

• Thumbs Up 1

I searched up my name + the hedgehog and I got: 

julian_the_hedgehog_by_andreathecat-d30r

Black Sonic with red shirt and bangs

And 

julian_the_hedgehog_by_supersonic4ever-d

Blue Shadow. 

To be fair, I already share my name with this beast: 

STH.Cast.SEGA.DoctorRobotnik2.jpg

(Sorry, this is off topic but it was kinda funny.) 

Ok so I took the time to watch this.

I actually do enjoy these videos, knowing the more obscure facts about well-known characters is cool. So it's pretty dope.

But then, they just have to open a 8-year expired can of worms like this. Especially, if it's just a rant video and not a well-made and inflammatory one. 

I know that ScrewAttack are full of shit when it comes to Sonic, heck almost every major gaming journalist does the same thing. Doesn't mean we still can't call out on their shit.

It's dissapointing really, making "Sonic sucks" videos without REALLY thinking it through is pretty much the video variant of a childish prank. Only people who don't know better finds it funny and pisses off everyone else.

And yeah, Sonic is the kickstarter of furries and not just people who just like the design of anthromorphic animals but the stereotypical ones who dresses up like one and are sex-crazed maniacs. Seems completely legit.

So yeah, same shitty song but different people. Nothing more to be said really.

• Thumbs Up 1

I googled my name + "The Hedgehog" and found nothing (there was a link to DA but that was unrelated).

she was wrong

Even if this video sucks. It's true that it makes public opinion about Sonic. The more number of videos about "Sonic sucks and Sonic should die" increases The worse Sonic's reputation and opinions are.

Since screwattack is one of the major youtubers. Many people see that video and then they think"Sonic is suck and Sonic fans is suck and Sonic should die"

In addition. It's true that Sonic series is bad franchise(or corpse franchise) and has very bad furry fandoms. Isn't it?

This video actually offends me to some degree... She said that every Sonic fan that saw Shadow when he was under the age of 15 loved him, and now I feel like I'm one of reasons why the fanbase and games suck. lol

Granted, most of the fault goes on SEGA for introducing Shadow, but you can't blame them for trying something new. After all, Shadow was only supposed to appear in SA2.

Breaking news.

Woman who sounds like a goof makes a terrible video.

are we supposed to do our REAL name's because my name i use on the internet is an actual fancharacter.

Granted, most of the fault goes on SEGA for introducing Shadow, but you can't blame them for trying something new. After all, Shadow was only supposed to appear in SA2.

And that's somehow a bad thing?

Please, do tell how. I love hearing these stories before making my rebuttals.

• Thumbs Up 3

Yeah, why is Shadow have to do with the downfall with the series?

Because Shadow was meant to appeal to an older audience? Why is that bad?

If anything expanding from typical kid-friendly action plots to a more dramatic but still very action-packed narrative sounds like reasonable progression.

I always considered the Sonic series to be more aimed at a teenage audience at least, Boom is serviceable enough to be aimed at kids. SO yeah, there's nothing really wrong with more darker-toned stories it just has to be a good one and SA2 is strong example.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hmph! I'd say that what was said in the video is ridiculous. Sonic may have had some not so great games lately, but the hatred and negative reaction about it is just overblown and over-exaggerated to the point that it is not even funny. Plus, was another one of these videos needed? We already have more than enough from the past 9 years, anyway. Not to mention, while games like Heroes and Lost World and Unleashed's Werehog were not the best, there were some things about them that certain kinds of people would like.

And the fact that she blames the fans is just so unprofessional, as well as her reasons why she blames them. She should have known that the fans do not control how Sonic games are made at all, and she forgot that other fanbases have similar problems, so what is so special about the Sonic fanbase having its problems? Oh wait, I know; NOTHING! And how she blamed Sonic for the existence of furries is unprofessional as well, and more assumption that I doubt she could back up with anything that could be considered "good evidence". And saying everyone at the age of 15 liked Shadow when he first appeared is just so inaccurate.

Man, the gaming review industry needs more professional, better, more intelligent people who can make actual good points and articles rather than the bozos who call themselves "professional" that we have now.

• Thumbs Up 1

she was wrong

I've heard an extra rule set where if you don't find anything you also search for the echidna and or the fox. That last one might turn up unrelated anthro art though, something to keep in mind.

I've heard an extra rule set where if you don't find anything you also search for the echidna and or the fox. That last one might turn up unrelated anthro art though, something to keep in mind.

If I want to see rants I watch AVGN & Nostalgia Critic. And I like watching them.

ScrewAttack and others make these kind of videos because they want to feel superior to Sonic & his fans. It's a "cool" thing to do...

I'm tired of this kind of stuff. It is not the fans who are at fault. At all. That's just... such a lazy excuse. Seriously.

I'm tired of this kind of stuff. It is not the fans who are at fault. At all. That's just... such a lazy excuse. Seriously.

Of course it isn't the fans fault, its the haters, they are the real problem

No... It's the people making the games, or someone above them... How could it be anyone else?

That sentiment is really just the other side of the same coin. Sega is the entity responsible for their own games, if deleterious influence is taking place, it's their own lack of vision and or judgement allowing it to happen.

• Thumbs Up 5

No... It's the people making the games, or someone above them... How could it be anyone else?

That sentiment is really just the other side of the same coin. Sega is the entity responsible for their own games, if deleterious influence is taking place, it's their own lack of vision and or judgement allowing it to happen.

Well then maybe this is what is happening at sega

A sonic team Rep: Hey I know, lets make a Good sonic game!

Someone above them: No...

A sonic team Rep:.... :(

So many Sonic furries and so many shipping. It's excessive. I understand that Sonic fan has a problem