Awoo.

Sonic Dash 2: Sonic Boom (iOS/Android)

Kaze no Klonoa

If they're going to do this event they need to do it already.

Personally I want Perci in this game more than the generic angst.

If they're going to do this event they need to do it already.

Personally I want Perci in this game more than the generic angst.

I prefer actual characters. Snarky badum tish

Seriously though, I am suprised shadow is out now. I would expect.... i dunno for them to wait. Like next year is sonic adventure 2 15, and we are in the midst of shadow 10. i would thought they would have put him out june of next year. But hey , next year is sort of a mystery for a lot of sega stuff. 

Edited by Shadowlax

I prefer actual characters. Snarky badum tish

Seriously though, I am suprised shadow is out now. I would expect.... i dunno for them to wait. Like next year is sonic adventure 2 15, and we are in the midst of shadow 10. i would thought they would have put him out june of next year. But hey , next year is sort of a mystery for a lot of sega stuff. 

I think they should be focusing on promoting the NEW characters in the BOOM app which is why I mentioned Perci as an excellent start. SEGA is promoting the main canon portion of the franchise more than its own portions.

Incoming Shadow, Crabmeats and Buzzbombers, etc. I'd like to see them focus on BOOM in BOOM instead of show off the main canon parts they've tweaked.

Edited by Chris Knopps

I think they should be focusing on promoting the NEW characters in the BOOM app which is why I mentioned Perci as an excellent start. SEGA is promoting the main canon portion of the franchise more than its own portions.

Incoming Shadow, Crabmeats and Buzzbombers, etc. I'd like to see them focus on BOOM in BOOM instead of show off the main canon parts they've tweaked.

so the issue with that logic is, the rest of the main cast barring 1 wild boomerang wielding badger, Is old characters. Old popular ones, shadow is a very popular highly demanded old character. Who while not in boom much as of currently has a bunch of appearences in sonic to push his character. Vs one that was removed from a game and was barely in a cartoon. What they advertsing "she was in the show once" while im sure perci will become more revelant to boom as years go by, same with shadow. Shadow is a extremely popular character who has a selling point outside of boom. And was made the season finale, and while jokingly said, is good chance at being the second most popular sonic character. Vs a character who as of currently is no more relevant than tails's girlfriend who's name i can't even remember. 

One is way more valuable than the other.

Especially one thats obviously being positioned as the "anti hero" if the writters statements are any indication.

This isnt to be mean, but you are underestimating  shadow. And wat over estimating perci. Who in the public eye is "litterally who" at this point. Like or hate shadow is popular, valuable , and it doesnt hurt a lot folks internally like the guy too.

Edited by Shadowlax

The game keeps crashing when I tap "play" on the screen. Does anyone have the crash bug like that?

I'm not, but I payed for boom boost a while back and didn't get ads and since the update I'm getting ads again ?

so the issue with that logic is, the rest of the main cast barring 1 wild boomerang wielding badger, Is old characters. Old popular ones, shadow is a very popular highly demanded old character. Who while not in boom much as of currently has a bunch of appearences in sonic to push his character. Vs one that was removed from a game and was barely in a cartoon. What they advertsing "she was in the show once" while im sure perci will become more revelant to boom as years go by, same with shadow. Shadow is a extremely popular character who has a selling point outside of boom. And was made the season finale, and while jokingly said, is good chance at being the second most popular sonic character. Vs a character who as of currently is no more relevant than tails's girlfriend who's name i can't even remember. 

One is way more valuable than the other.

Especially one thats obviously being positioned as the "anti hero" if the writters statements are any indication.

This isnt to be mean, but you are underestimating  shadow. And wat over estimating perci. Who in the public eye is "litterally who" at this point. Like or hate shadow is popular, valuable , and it doesnt hurt a lot folks internally like the guy too.

My problem is, for a franchise SUPPOSED to be its own thing and SEPARATE from the MAIN series, the MAIN series is the only thing Sonic BOOM content wise has to offer. Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Eggman, and yes, Shadow are all given appearances/stars in the series, but them aside there has been zero content to make the franchise have its own identity. It focuses so powerfully on pandering to the main series content Sonic BOOM completely forgets it's supposed to be trying to be its own series and have its own content to offer asides a lighter/comedic tone, one we've already had in the main series as well but overpowered to the T.

I want to see what NEW things Sonic BOOM has to offer people, and SHOULD offer people, not continuously go above and beyond to drag in content from the main series with a new coat of paint over it. Even the sprites/spirits or whatever they are, although cute and interesting, are basically Chao 2.0.

I want to experience the NEW and ALTERNATE that was promised to us, not just a bunch of same old characters and same old enemies just with redesigns. Perci is a new character, and yes she's been given little attention, and that's why she needed to come in her own event BEFORE the whole Shadow event, or at least needs to arrive immediately after so she can start having some proper marketing/attention and scrape up a large fan base of her own.

If you're going to have new characters, promote them, feature/highlight them, do things properly like SEGA of Japan did with Blaze, Rouge, Silver, and all the others. 06 wasn't grand but they still continued pushing Silver and he's done fairly descent to this day. That's doing characters right.

If the Sonic BOOM series wants to be new, time to start being new and stop relying on the main series. It's that kind of cowardice SEGA of Japan has shown with Sonic as it is that has prevented the series from branching out properly asides a niche circle.

My problem is, for a franchise SUPPOSED to be its own thing and SEPARATE from the MAIN series, the MAIN series is the only thing Sonic BOOM content wise has to offer. Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Eggman, and yes, Shadow are all given appearances/stars in the series, but them aside there has been zero content to make the franchise have its own identity. It focuses so powerfully on pandering to the main series content Sonic BOOM completely forgets it's supposed to be trying to be its own series and have its own content to offer asides a lighter/comedic tone, one we've already had in the main series as well but overpowered to the T.

I want to see what NEW things Sonic BOOM has to offer people, and SHOULD offer people, not continuously go above and beyond to drag in content from the main series with a new coat of paint over it. Even the sprites/spirits or whatever they are, although cute and interesting, are basically Chao 2.0.

I want to experience the NEW and ALTERNATE that was promised to us, not just a bunch of same old characters and same old enemies just with redesigns. Perci is a new character, and yes she's been given little attention, and that's why she needed to come in her own event BEFORE the whole Shadow event, or at least needs to arrive immediately after so she can start having some proper marketing/attention and scrape up a large fan base of her own.

If you're going to have new characters, promote them, feature/highlight them, do things properly like SEGA of Japan did with Blaze, Rouge, Silver, and all the others. 06 wasn't grand but they still continued pushing Silver and he's done fairly descent to this day. That's doing characters right.

I'm pretty sure Sticks has had plenty of time in the spotlight. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Plus, all the games and half the show's episodes focus on villains that aren't Eggman. Dave, Charlie, Barker, Lyric have all had plans unique to what Eggman himself has done, and it sounds like D. Fekt will continue this trend.

But Christ, Knopps, enough with the caps, that looked like something I would have written back on the sega forums.

• Thumbs Up 2

Also new in the update, Shadow, everyone's favorite bad-bookcase-shaming rival who scoffs at the concept of teamwork, is finally yours for the taking.

And everyone is dressed festively for the season. That's pretty much a given.

Plus, all the games and half the show's episodes focus on villains that aren't Eggman. Dave, Charlie, Barker, Lyric have all had plans unique to what Eggman himself has done, and it sounds like D. Fekt will continue this trend.

But Christ, Knopps, enough with the caps, that looked like something I would have written back on the sega forums.

It's not necessarily an incorrect use of caps, an ENTIRE comment using caps, yes.

Also, again, there's not enough focus put into Sonic BOOM's own content. Those are random background characters with minimal importance to anything that just pop up basically and are no different than Perci.

Kudos for your defense towards the franchise, but my argument still stands that it relies on what it has carried over from the main franchise far too much and does far too little to distinguish itself as its own series. Even when it does try to be original, you suddenly have the Sonic Underground guitar slapped in Sonic's hands.

(redesigned like everything riffed from other canons of the franchise)

Okay, but then thinking about it, most of the stuff that appears in Boom is also in other different Sonic canons, right? Sonic Underground hasn't a thing to do with main canon but there's no problem with it focusing on Knuckles? I mean, the comics have other characters that compliment the heroes, but that's because other characters are supposed to complement the heroes. It's the same thing with the Mario RPGs, for example. We don't get as much focus on Geno or Starlow in those as we do Bowser or Peach, but that's because there's a set of characters that show up in every canon, and characters specific to those canons aren't going to be shown off as much because they're less important.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wow!

tumblr_nz4ma59Yjg1t0fp6po1_1280.png

tumblr_nz4ma59Yjg1t0fp6po2_1280.png

Why does Sticks' outfit look like the one that Eggman wore in issue 5?

EDIT: Eggman's lair is a new stage and-

tumblr_nz468uaZqJ1reiq0ho3_1280.png

120 RSR?! Isn't that edgy? (LOL) 

Also, more characters coming soon? I'd like to see Metal (and Perci but that's unlikely)

Whoever has Shadow, does he hoaverskate like his gamecounterpart?

• Thumbs Up 5

Wow!

tumblr_nz4ma59Yjg1t0fp6po1_1280.png

dunno why.. but it reminded me Joy from Inside Out XD

but.. anyways.... isn't that the cutest thing??  awwww :wub:

and Shadow is 120 red star rings .. that so expensive.... O_O ... and i was saving for Tails.. (wich its 70 ughh.).. XS.. i'd wish they stop giving you too much golden rings on the prizes.. at this rate i will delay a lot having Shadow and Tails...

.. recently.. i have a too dificult mission.. its running 5000 meters with no damage.. but its been so imposible to me.. i've been trying so hard.. DX ahh!

Edited by Drawloverlala

Liking the new update. Fortunately, this update didn't nerf anything and actually added stuff to make it only better.

Now we await the encounter of Dr. Eggman himself...eventually...

• Thumbs Up 2

There is a way to unlock Shadow without paying 120 RSR. It's to play the Shadow Run event where you must use Shadow's Chaos Spear (Which you do by swiping down) to blow up 12500 Mines. 

Whoever has Shadow, does he hoaverskate like his gamecounterpart?

I have him and yes he does!!! ???? Love it when he does and his spikes wiggles real nicely.

• Thumbs Up 2

Shadow's pretty fun, but good god, his Chaos Spear is hard to get used to. He's still pretty fun, nonetheless.

• Thumbs Up 1