Awoo.

Sonic Dash 2: Sonic Boom (iOS/Android)

Kaze no Klonoa

Sonic Dash 2: Sonic Boom "Boom! And the fandom is gone"

Sonic Dash 2: 2 Fast, 2 Donkey.

Sonic Dash 2: The Boom Reloaded

I'm confused. 

SEGA does not announce Sonic Dash 2: Sonic Boom, and yet they announced Fire and Ice.

Maybe they learnt their lesson on announcing Boom games? (I mean the rage when Fire and Ice was announced).

It's because it's a soft launch. Same thing happened with Sonic Jump Fever. Canada had it for 2 months, maybe even longer, before SEGA announced it and released it worldwide. 

Moving to the Boom subforum.

Anyway, I'm pretty indifferent to this news.  I don't care too much for the mobile games, although they look pretty okay, and it's better to release a Boomified version of an already somewhat successful game than re-releasing a retooled version of the same unsuccessful thing from last year.  Also, I lack a functioning tablet to play the games on so I won't be subjected to its good traits or bad traits anyway.

I'm getting kind of fatigued from Boom, though.  I'm aching for some more "Legacy Sonic."

• Thumbs Up 2

Maybe they learnt their lesson on announcing Boom games? (I mean the rage when Fire and Ice was announced).

Nah, SEGA doesn't care about what the fans think by this point. We're not the end goal here.

They just haven't formally announced it, I think.

I'm getting kind of fatigued from Boom, though.  I'm aching for some more "Legacy Sonic."

When it begins to look more and more like Boom is indeed the new Modern and we are slowly segueing into a brand that's purely Boom.

When it begins to look more and more like Boom is indeed the new Modern and we are slowly segueing into a brand that's purely Boom.

Don't remind me.  I don't hate Boom or anything and in fact really love the brand.  I just wish that something of more substance would crop out eventually.  Two disappointing games, to say the least, now a rehash of one of those disappointing games, and the only thing that I'm really looking forward to is a TV show that, while consistently good, tends teeters in quality and has consistently bad audio direction.  I'll probably get my hands on Rio or Fire & Ice and my "I love over-analyzing cartoon hedgehogs for children!" mode will kick in again.  Right now I'm just not even disparaged at the quality of the series, just underwhelmed when I want to be at least regular whelmed.

It's just hard for me to get into that mode this year.  I usually enjoy my playthroughs of even the bad Sonic games because it gives me the opportunities to analyze why it's bad or what it did wrong, but I don't picture those answers being any different this year, so it just feels like a complete repeat.

I highly, highly doubt that this will happen. Sonic Boom was conceived and is mainly controlled by SEGA of America. Due to the rift between both branches, I am sure that SEGA of Japan consider 'Legacy Sonic' as their own thing respectively (despite the release of the Boom games in Japan). Considering SEGA of Japan are in charge, I cannot at all see them swapping their interpretation of (and the original version of) Sonic for the American branch's interpretation.

• Thumbs Up 1

Excuse me but I have to disagree with you on that one. You may already know that SEGA is trying to expand the Boom branch (Heck this even started as soon it was announced) and that with F&I's announcement, SEGA & Sanzaru are going to take feedback from the fanbase. I see no reason why Hardlight wouldn't do the same. To be honest, a few weeks ago, I sent a tweet to hardlight saying that they needed to add gimmicks to Sonic Dash like grinding, more zones and stuff, and guess what today i've seen in the game: Grinding gimmicks. Now I'm not saying that Hardlight might've seen my feedbback or anything I mean, any person could have sent this too right? The game is also in soft-launch and let me remind all people here in this topic (again) that Sonic Dash started similarly like this and it got better through updates. All we can do right now is wait and see progress

I'm not talking about the game itself. I'm talking about the Boom brand.

The reaction this has been overwhelmingly negative no matter where I've went. Fans hate, no, loathe Sonic Boom and want more regular Sonic games.

SEGA's all "eh, I don't care, have more Boom" on the subject.

Ireland & Canada

>Ireland

What?

No offense to any Irish members but... what? That just seems so random a choice.

I still don't get why they don't just extensively beta these games and release worldwide. Especially when Sonic Runners is having so many problems.

I highly, highly doubt that this will happen. Sonic Boom was conceived and is mainly controlled by SEGA of America. Due to the rift between both branches, I am sure that SEGA of Japan consider 'Legacy Sonic' as their own thing respectively (despite the release of the Boom games in Japan). Considering SEGA of Japan are in charge, I cannot at all see them swapping their interpretation of (and the original version of) Sonic for the American branch's interpretation.

It's gotten 4 games, it has its own mascot suit even...

There are reasons to be skeptical, but I don't think it's entirely out of the question either.

I can't help but think the highest echelons of SEGA decided something radical needed to be done and they made the more conservative branches of SEGA Japan swallow this.

It should be remembered. SEGA is controlled by businessmen with no artistic ties to the franchise. We are seeing the common trend in the creative industry: the conflict between management (money) and the creative team (the artistic aspects).

I just wish a radical change in direction consisted of giving more dev time rather than anything else. Even if Boom did somehow supplant the main series, it's going to be plagued with the same inconsistent quality due to an obsession with meeting deadlines.

You see?, this is why people keep saying sonic is dead and that's why I fwlt ljke making that post today

• Thumbs Up 1

A brand that doesn't try to breakthrough into the mobile market is committing financial suicide in today's economy.  Like it or not, it's hardly a valid argument for anyone to claim "Sonic is dead" and aside from a few retro/console purists, I've never really seen it used as such.

You see?, this is why people keep saying sonic is dead and that's why I fwlt ljke making that post today

No, that would be the chain of mediocre non-Boom Sonic games.

Boom changed the art style, but not the pattern.

I wonder if Sega have heard of over saturating a brand before.

There are one or two exceptions e.g

Minions which tend to break this rule... but good god Sonic and Sonic Boom sure as hell isn't an exception.

You see, the normal sonic brand is something that has a history with well recieved games like thrle classic games and the adventure games , that's why when something like 06 happanes sonic survives and people still want to see more so it makes sence , but boom started it's brand with terrably recieved games so it has no good past to hang on so no boady cares about boom, everyone want it dead , we all though boom was over before fire & ice was anounced and we were all happy, but then it happaned and we all now have to deal with this shit

Through I played this game and it feels like dash back when it was released, remember the graphics back then?

everyone want it dead

We do?

To be honest. Boom as a concept isn't that bad an idea. But it's execution has been a shambles, further negated by terrible miss management and a terrible concept for a game.

• Thumbs Up 8

I was and still am enthusiastic to see Boom improve and become something that is marketable and fun.  Sonic Boom has so much potential to be good that it's ridiculous, but so far we've been getting nothing but subpar products that are the results of internal conflict and miscommunication on all fronts.  The TV show is doing exceptionally well, especially in Europe from what I hear.  A lot of us care about Boom, and I would love to see more come out of it.  What I don't love is seeing the same thing come out of it, especially when that same thing wasn't very good and rehashed mobile games.

• Thumbs Up 2

We do?

To be honest. Boom as a concept isn't that bad an idea. But it's execution has been a shambles, further negated by terrible miss management and a terrible concept for a game.

Yeh, but it's because of it's poor execution that no boady cares about it, it doesnt metter if it's a good idea because I don't know a single person that suport this, no boady cared for boom since rise of lyric, no boady wants to give it a chance , even right now many people refuse to download dash 2 simply because it's boom, even if fire & ice will be the best sonic game ever better then the classic games or what ever it's going to sell very poorly , probably even worse then the first game, so weather boom was a good idea it's dead now and I can't think of any possible way to make people care about it

I liked Sonic Dash. I mean, I don't play it very much these days but it's pretty good for an endless runner. I'd be willing to give this a shot.

maybe...maybe they are collecting money to help creating sonic 2016which its gonna blow all games next year and sonic will come back and every one will be happeymaybe

You would sure like that to happan would you, sorry to brake the news for ya but remember this is SEGA we are talking about so I wouldnt bet on it

Dammit SEGA, more Boom stuff, are you serious? You know, if you guys were half as willing to stick with things people liked as you seem to be with things they don't then this God-forsaken franchise might have actually seen some improvement by now.

Yeh, but it's because of it's poor execution that no boady cares about it, it doesnt metter if it's a good idea because I don't know a single person that suport this, no boady cared for boom since rise of lyric, no boady wants to give it a chance , even right now many people refuse to download dash 2 simply because it's boom, even if fire & ice will be the best sonic game ever better then the classic games or what ever it's going to sell very poorly , probably even worse then the first game, so weather boom was a good idea it's dead now and I can't think of any possible way to make people care about it

If nobody cares about it.

How come the following is true.

1: Sonic Boom news was the top most read article on Global License last month. That is a retail site for licenses. Not videogames.

2: The TV show us doing well in all territories and is expanding to Arabic speaking nations.

3: Tomy toy line is expanding in the summer

4: More retailers announced Boom license deals just prior to Vegas Licensing expo?

Cleary the brand has strength and people consider it viable for investment otherwise there wouldn't be so much money being thrown at it by people who are not Sega.

• Thumbs Up 2