Awoo.

Sonic Dash 2: Sonic Boom (iOS/Android)

Kaze no Klonoa

Basically there's this hugely visible subset of the fandom yelling at it at every turn and corner, quite possibly intimidating the fans who are supportive to some degree, thus coaxing them into silence, and in turn making the anti-Boom sentiment look more unanimous.

The latter are still quietly buying merchandise and the like up, rather than getting into arguments. This is probably why so many companies consider Boom viable - it is obviously selling despite the supposed unanimous hatred for it among fans.

"Well what about Rise of Lyric" one might say. Well of course pretty much nobody bought that. You don't have to be a genius to see it's just objectively bad, no matter what your thoughts on Boom are. I'm a guy who REALLY wouldn't care if Legacy Sonic was replaced by Boom Sonic entirely, but even I'll concede Rise of Lyric is garbage. In spite of buying it myself.

If you watch news reports, you know there's a focus on the negative over the positive in perception.

• Thumbs Up 2

There's the beginnings of a decent (mobile) game in Sonic Dash 2 but it's really REALLY buggy and laggy. 

The events and missions stuff is pretty neat, but it almost has the reverse problem to Runners, while it's a bit better with it's rewards - the main game is a bit lacking. It has good ideas! But the generator for the levels is a bit cheap, I had at least one point there the game gave me one route with an impassible obstacle and pits on both sides.

(at least I can unlock amy with those free 30 red rings and not by teeing off all my facebook friends)

• Thumbs Up 2

I can't understand why they still made Boom stuff despite of RoL and SC is flopped. Tv show is not successful too.

• Thumbs Up 1

Got it running on my NVIDIA Shield. Even runs video ads for a free continue. 

Not bad so far. Runs very smooth on the Shield, but it's harder too. More obstacles than the previous Dash. Using the enerbeam to tilt around and grab more rings and orbs is pretty fun and a nice addition. Same music over and over again drives me nuts.

I can't understand why they still made Boom stuff despite of RoL and SC is flopped.

Fire and Ice was most likely already underway by the time the Boombardment began last Fall. SEGA's very by the book with funding so probably reasoned that since it was partially done, it may as well be finished.

As for Dash, Dash Prime was successful and they invested so much in the Boom brand there's no way they're giving up just yet.

Tv show is not successful too.

This is true only if you limit the opinions you take note of to the people whose criticisms consist of little more than "this shit sucks."

Reception is moderately positive among people who don't fall into that category. Most will say it's not the best show, but it's still enjoyable enough.

As Hogfather pointed out, the fact so many companies give a damn about the show indicates it's obviously not a failure.

Either that or all these people who have these fortunes (which I doubt were accumulated purely by chance) are all making a huge miscalculation.

Just wanted to point out that the logo looks awful, at first I thought it was fake.

About the game, I don't give a damn about Boom, except the cartoons, barely even.

Either I got disconnected or you are limited on how many free continues you get for watching a video. 

Some good news, it seems like you don't have to have an always on connection to play. I couldn't get a free sprite because I was disconnected, but could still play the game.

There's lots of events to do and goals to meet and I don't seem limited on lives, just event tickets. It's pretty good so far.

I haven't encountered that sky level that glitches like mad.

Bleh, I actually liked the original Sonic Dash. Still play it to this day. 

Sega why are you microtransacting your phone games out of nowhere? 

To make a quick buck.

And because they're obligated to prevent people from having too much fun.

• Thumbs Up 1

Every single Sega FTP mobile game has transactions as do a lot of mobile games. Totally normal.

PS. I WAS disconnected which is why I couldn't continue by watching a video. But at least you can play while disconnected unlike Runners.

• Thumbs Up 1

Every single Sega FTP mobile game has transactions as do a lot of mobile games. Totally normal.

I know I know, but from what I've seen, Sonic Dash 2 and Sonic Runners have way more microtransactions than Sonic Dash 1 and Sonic Jump. Or at least more annoying ones. 

I know I know, but from what I've seen, Sonic Dash 2 and Sonic Runners have way more microtransactions than Sonic Dash 1 and Sonic Jump. Or at least more annoying ones. 

Not really. I think Sonic Runners is much worse, but this is about equal to Sonic Dash. You can buy Red Rings, but you can also earn them in game pretty quick. I already have Knuckles unlocked and am half way to earning enough to unlock Amy. You can earn tickets for daily events buy either buying the tickets or watching videos. Also, I'm pretty sure in the regular part of the game, the lives are unlimited so you can keep playing and playing. Also, I haven't encountered ads outside of using them to continue the game.

The better question is why the fuck does all game versions of Boom Amy always look like she has acorns or something stuffed in her face?

She did a fusion dance with Sally Acorn, who due to her chipmunk/hybrid nature means that stuffing their cheeks with acorns is a norm?

Hello, I have been lurking here for a couple months, but decided to sign up today.

Anyways, I got far enough to find out that on occasion, the game will stop loading terrain. I'll submit a picture soon, but you'll be stuck in place, without being able to move, and your score keeps increasing. I wonder what part of the coding went wrong here.

Edit: Picture! https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/lX9zx8gWxkb4Z219SIKKasf019t3JZP7RYx6MhcUBiJSeYZyUBnefSs85IsZZdfGppg7nQ=w1896-h545(for some reason I'm told I can't use that image extension on this community, maybe because I'm a new user?)

I've discovered that after some rows of Sprites, you need 10 Red Star Rings to be able to use more rows. Luckily, you'll keep any extra sprites you get, but you need to pay Red Star Rings to use them.

Edit: And for each row, the amount grows.

Hello, I have been lurking here for a couple months, but decided to sign up today.

Anyways, I got far enough to find out that on occasion, the game will stop loading terrain. I'll submit a picture soon, but you'll be stuck in place, without being able to move, and your score keeps increasing. I wonder what part of the coding went wrong here. 

Edit: Picture! https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/lX9zx8gWxkb4Z219SIKKasf019t3JZP7RYx6MhcUBiJSeYZyUBnefSs85IsZZdfGppg7nQ=w1896-h545(for some reason I'm told I can't use that image extension on this community, maybe because I'm a new user?)

Sounds like a problem with the level streaming... Which ironically, is something that breaks easily in a lot of Sonic games these days, even the Hedgehog engine games.

Sounds like a problem with the level streaming... Which ironically, is something that breaks easily in a lot of Sonic games these days, even the Hedgehog engine games.

It could also be a factor of people playing the APK on Bluestacks (an android emulator) or an APK on an Android device that's not fully compatible with the game.

BTW, is this on iOS yet? I have two Apple products with Canadian accounts and it's not on either.

I just downloaded Sonic Dash, but i was trying to searching on my phone for Dash 2, i guess its because my phone version isn't released yet i guess. but i will share my thought this when it will be available soon.

Already got a third member (Amy)! The red rings are sprinkled out just enough to take awhile to collect, but not forever. Now I can fluctuate between Sonic, Amy and Knuckles per game. 

I'm really surprised they came out with this. It looks like a lazy reskin of the first game.

It's a sequel. Of course it's gonna play similar to the first. There are some key differences. You can know have up to thee characters playable in one go. Every time you enter a cave, you can change your character there and go off into a new area. You can also use the enerbeam on occasion and swing up in the sky to collect rings and blue orbs. You can also gain Cha-errr Sprites which can give you extra power. Think of it like a licensed Dash clone like Minion Run. LOL Still the best Boom game I've played so far.

Eh, it's just too similar to the first. I would expect more differences for a sequel. Though I agree about it being the best Boom game so far xD

pretty much agree this has the potential to be better! (really makes me question why they don't put this stuff in the original tho)

Also now we know why the show uses alternate versions of badnicks, BECAUSE THIS GAME WAS PROBABLY PLANNED AHEAD OF TIME! think about it! why else did they change the way they look in the show? it makes "making" a Sonic Dash 2 easier!

Me personally, I'm just waiting for them to fix every single bug, upgrade the graphics...

And then watch everything fall apart the moment it gets an international release.

Mm, Sonic became a BAD mobile game (this means it is EVEN bad for a mobile game!!) after it was the king of platform games.

*clap clap*

Alright, Sonic Dash was quite good and making a sequel is great, but why with Boom? That is 100% SEGA knows what people think about Boom.