Awoo.

Sonic Dash 2: Sonic Boom (iOS/Android)

Kaze no Klonoa

Yeah, the graphics really depend on your device. My Android phone has really horrid graphics. Everything looks muddy and low poly, with a bad draw distance. Sometimes rings won't even pop up until I get to them. I saw a small video on YouTube showcasing the game on the iPhone 6 and it looked gorgeous by comparison. Must be the automatic graphics adjusting the game has built into it. 

What I find odd is that the old APK version I played on my Android smartphone back in July barely could run and had little background graphics. Now, the full game runs better on my smartphone than my iPad and looks 100 times better than previous. I wonder if they concentrated more on tweaking the Android version over the iOS version?

So this game is apparently pretty poor on iOS.

Draw distance? What's that?

What Android device did he use to play Sonic Dash 2?

This game still needs some major bug fixing. I was...am as of this writing playing as Amy Rose. I got a enerbeam power-up only to go up into the sky and be dropped back down immediately and now Amy is stuck running in place in one spot while the score keeps going up and up and up. She's currently running in place in the middle of the air. I'm gonna stop now as it's not fair to others for me to have a high score when I'm not doing anything. I have video of this that I'll have up soon.

What is it with Sonic Boom games and glitches?

This game still needs some major bug fixing. I was...am as of this writing playing as Amy Rose. I got a enerbeam power-up only to go up into the sky and be dropped back down immediately and now Amy is stuck running in place in one spot while the score keeps going up and up and up. She's currently running in place in the middle of the air. I'm gonna stop now as it's not fair to others for me to have a high score when I'm not doing anything. I have video of this that I'll have up soon.

What is it with Sonic Boom games and glitches?

Huh... Similar bugs have happened with me. How bad can this get?

I just got an update for the game today, and I had one for it a few days ago too. The patch notes don't mention anything but I assume it's for glitch fixes? I honestly haven't noticed any glitches fixed yet. I had a run a few hours ago and I fell through the floor. .-.

Also I noticed that when you have the sound and music turned off, sometimes menu and spring sound effects still play. And this is even with the recent updates. Well, anyway, I'm sure in due time it will be solid enough just like with the original Dash. And I don't mean to shit on Sonic Team, but when Hardlight updates a game, they actually... you know, make it better. 

I recently got this game and was wondering about what the evolve thing does for the sprite? I want to know that way I not do anything that messes me up. This game is way more better then Sonic Runners since I am able to get red rings more easily. I only used the video ad revive once because the mission forced me to use it. The first thing that I got with the red rings was Tails of course 70 red rings total!

I recently got this game and was wondering about what the evolve thing does for the sprite? I want to know that way I not do anything that messes me up. This game is way more better then Sonic Runners since I am able to get red rings more easily. I only used the video ad revive once because the mission forced me to use it. The first thing that I got with the red rings was Tails of course 70 red rings total!

It just further increases the sprite's ability. Same with the character upgrades. I think they added the evolutions as a way to use sprites you wouldn't use in normal play, or to prevent you from just lazily levelling them up. But yeah I think it's kinda cool.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's working okay on my tablet for the most part. No game breaking glitches so far for me. Though I did notice the longer I went when I first played it, the more likely the game starts to get jerky frame rate wise which is annoying and I hope it's fixed.

Yesterday I didn't have any problem but that's probably because I sucked yesterday and didn't get very far for it do have any issues.XD

I actually like this alot and I'd like it even better if they can smooth out some of the problems.

I like the use sonic as my main personally even though I have knuckles unlocked.=)

I wonder who else will be added to the list of characters in the future.

Edited by Super Sonic Speed

Ayyye, number 1 in my score chaser league at 379,757. What about you guys?

Also, any word on who might be added as the next characters? The Boom world seems pretty small on main characters so the only characters that I'm predicting would be Shadow, Metal, Dave, and maybe Percy. 

Edited by ggesus_

It's the first version of the game. This is most likely going to get fixed in an update soon.

I hope so! I've encountered several game breaking glitches, which are the first I've encountered in a Sonic game (and I've played '06 and RoL!). But the game is fun, and I really enjoy it. The glitches don't take away from my enjoyment of the game. Sonic and Knuckles are my team, and I really think that's all I need until they give us more characters to pick from. Right now, my high score is like...297,313.

This game is actually really fun. It's a lot better than the original Sonic Dash game and it also feels so much more fast paced. It's also challenging enough to the point where it's fair and nothing bullshit like the original where you had 300 traps and bad camera angles. Right now I have Sonic and Amy in my team. Amy is probably one of the best characters considering every time she dashes she turns enemies and obstacles in rings. Equipped with my longer dash Sprite, enerbeam longer Sprite, and enerbeam more often Sprite, I get to dash pretty often and I rack up rings fast. It's also a weird plus but I find Boom Amy the best part about the Sonic Boom universe. Her design and animation is just perfect. On the topic of high score, I got 1 million points but then the guy I beat (400k) ended up with 2.5 million points. I was like... Yeah I'm not going up against this. I'm not exactly sure which character is the best for score bonuses. I have a feeling it'd have to be either Amy or Tails. I'm not sure how big the score bonus of Tails and Sonic actually impact and how much of an impact Amy does in comparison in the long run. Sprite wise, I find the longer dash very useful. I also find the enerbeam more often useful as it usually gives you almost enough energy for a dash. I recently unlocked the longer enerbeam which answered why this game has tilting on enerbeams. The longer enerbeams have more movement which is nice. However... I think some of the bugs have something to do with the enerbeam sprites. The game seems to freak out by placing jump pads and enerbeams next to each other and it happens more often with these sprites. I actually just got done where I hit an enerbeam and fell through the floor.

On the topic of bugs, this game has quite a few of them. They're not really too bad as quitting does save all your progress but at the same time it's annoying to go through a good run and fall through the floor. The sound bug is also annoying where weird sounds still go through with sound effects off. It also seems like jumping after hitting the enerbeam box cancels it out which is an issue because objects appearing after these boxes still hit you even if you got the enerbeam before hand. On the topic of the Apple Watch app, it's kind of useful but kind of lame. It basically takes your statistics from the amount you walk from the watch and gives you a prize after hitting a certain milestone. It doesn't tell you what this milestone for some reason. I think the app could be better if they designed a giant map and labeled these milestones. Maybe x miles hits this area and y miles hits that area similar to how Wii Fit U has maps you explore. Actually, seeing Sonic Boom characters explore maps could potentially be very cool and exciting. I'm sure it'd encourage more people to try out the watch extension. I've gotten sprites and big boom boosts from the app though which is nice.

Overall the game is very solid. I'd recommend it and I find it more fun and fair compared to the original. The tons of missions and challenges add replayability and so does the ability to change characters mid run. Also they brought in the weekly rankings from Sonic Runners into this game which should be nice. Oh I noticed something cool in the credits in that Sumo Digital worked on the game. Did not expect that at all.

Edited by Autosaver
  • Thumbs Up 2

Finally ran into my first game breaking glitch. It involves Knuckles running on what would otherwise be under the stage's floor but still gathering points due to distance increasing. There are no obstacles and Knuckles is able to change lanes whilst mid-jump only. 

Screen shakes no matter what lane. 
Trigger seems to be unknown and random.
I'll get a couple of screenshots later.

If only I did this during the league thing.

My god, just quit the game to go and... do another one... and the glitch came back straight after Eggman disappeared.

I'm not abusing it in the league thing now...

:D well.. my little brother downloaded the game and  he started to play it..  he didn't like it too much.. XD hehe but i guess its all because the grafic looking the game has...

because the game runs perfect and its pretty fun.. i've also played it by myself.

he plays more Runners than Sonic Dash games so now this DASH 2 will be MY time killer XD huehue~

i really like it.. its more faster than the first one.. and its more challenging..it has more dificulties i guess.. XD

i only wish to face Eggman once.. i still can't get to face him.. (i wonder if someone has already) and also..i would like someday with more updates the game can be improved with more grafics and the running animations too.. but after all.. its pretty nice..

it seems one more character will be introduced someday.. i hope its Shadow :D that would be cool!!!

Edited by Drawloverlala

Ayyye, number 1 in my score chaser league at 379,757. What about you guys?

Also, any word on who might be added as the next characters? The Boom world seems pretty small on main characters so the only characters that I'm predicting would be Shadow, Metal, Dave, and maybe Percy. 

What if they have Guest Characters from another franchise, like Angry Birds Epic from Sonic Dash? We could end up with SickBricks characters, assuming there's an app already out there, or even Five Nights at Freddy's characters. Imagine running through the jungles as you ARE Freddy Fazbear, or Pirate Foxy!

The game is fun! Sure it has a few bugs here and there, but I think in a couple of updates it could be as good as the first Sonic Dash.

I like this game way better then Sonic Runners of course. This game does not cause me to become angry or feel that the game is severely broke. There are bad things I not like about this game which are bugs like this here in the picture. You see how Sonic is running over blue color? That happened when I was doing run.

4wzdARg.png

The other bad thing is that it forces you to play video ads when you choose to not use video ads revive. I never use video ads revive because that I like to play the game and I strongly hate video ads in games and will not use them either. I only used video ads revive once when they forced you to use one in challenge. The thing supposedly can detect if you not use video ads revive and will automatically force the video ad after game complete. When it started happening it caused lots of weird buggy things to happen than. It will thankfully let you play about 3 times before it starts to force video ads on you. Other then those problems I find the game refreshing change and nice.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't think this game has boss fights, which is why you haven't faced him.

Honestly it's one of the things I like in this that's better than the first one. 

• Thumbs Up 4

The jumping feels weird and swiping side to side doesn't feel very responsive (although it is...). All that aside, the game runs very well on my Samsung Galaxy Core, unlike Sonic Dash (which only runs well half of the time). I really like the new gimmicks! The menu transitions and other graphical aspects of the game make it seem very unprofessional tho...