Awoo.

Sonic Dash 2: Sonic Boom (iOS/Android)

Kaze no Klonoa

One thing I noticed is that the latest update screwed over launch players because you lost like 10-15 levels due to XP changes. Today they released a free item package that restores your original level via XP boost which is really really nice. Edit: Big warning, they fucked up the implementation. Your reward bar goes so slow so you have to literally stare at your screen for 5 minutes... Edit 2: They nerfed Amy. The rings she gets from breaking stuff is cut to 5 from 10.

Ok another update. Amy's running animation isn't girly anymore. I also believe they added some more animations and changed the enerbeam graphics. On a note of bullshit, they capped players to 5 red rings a day. That's really shitty. 953f832e24cf7658d5019889493ec09c.jpg6a300b4658a777214b0f74bd3473f5bb.jpg Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I originally saw that. Because I got my levels before the update I can't exactly confirm it but I think it might be the ability to buy that character is unlocked.

They made the render distance better and added some background with no performance decrease. That's pretty good.

On the subject of red rings, I never found more than five out on the field anyway. This might just be telling us there's always been a cap in the first place so we don't have to try as hard for something unrealistic.

• Thumbs Up 1

They made the render distance better and added some background with no performance decrease. That's pretty good.

On the subject of red rings, I never found more than five out on the field anyway. This might just be telling us there's always been a cap in the first place so we don't have to try as hard for something unrealistic.

No, it's definitely different now.

Before, I always got a max of 3 Red Rings per run. Now I can only get five per day.

And another thing: why does the town reuse the same three background characters every five seconds? Are we in Sonic Boom or the Flintstones?

• Thumbs Up 1

No, it's definitely different now.

Before, I always got a max of 3 Red Rings per run. Now I can only get five per day.

And another thing: why does the town reuse the same three background characters every five seconds? Are we in Sonic Boom or the Flintstones?

We are in low budget gaming town. Staring, micro transactions. 

• Thumbs Up 1

The limit actually ends up killing replay value. There's no point in playing if they limit you. Maybe that's Wh

This is why I hate free games. Microtransactions killed Sonic Runners for me, and it's slowly killing Sonic Dash 2. This is the future of gaming.

• Thumbs Up 1

Once you've unlocked all the characters and the two additional slots for Sprites (enabling you to carry three per run), Red Rings don't have much value. The only other things you can use them on are additional slots to store Sprites and leveling up characters, neither of which is of much consequence.

If anything, Gold Rings become more valuable at that point, as they're used for the majority of leveling up characters and Sprites.

• Thumbs Up 1

Even with the update I'll admit I've had infinitely more fun with Sonic DASH 2 than I've EVER had with Sonic Team's poorly made Sonic Runners app. It's really more about gambling than actually playing. I also feel I've enjoyed DASH 2 better than the original for various reasons, so I do have this experience to thank BOOM for.

Being honest, this app has me a bit more positive about Fire and Ice as well. I just wish SEGA would advertise that a bit too sometime soon instead of making people think it could be a dropped project.

it's an F2P game, what did you expect? Besides Dash 2 doesn't have insane microtrasanctions like runners.

It being a F2P game isn't an excuse. Just because it's predictable doesn't make it any better. Considering Tails costs 70 red rings, and the cheapest red ring bundle you can buy costs $5 and it gives you 28 red rings, the microtransactions are kind of ridiculous. Sure, in my experience the game gives you enough red rings rings via events and missions that you'll probably never even consider spending money on them, but the fact remains that they are there and they're absolutely terrible.

And yeah, the microtransactions are better than Runners' for sure, but that's like saying being slapped in the face is better than being punched in the gut. Both suck and I would prefer neither.

Edited by Weh

it's an F2P game, what did you expect? Besides Dash 2 doesn't have insane microtrasanctions like runners.

That's why I said I hate free games. Weh's response is what I was gonna say. After 10 hours of gameplay, I still only have 2 characters in my team. Red Star Rings are ridiculously expensive and rare to get in this game.

I didn't say the microtransactions are worse or equal to Sonic Runners either, I just said they are 'slowly killing' it. The latest update already made it worse by slashing the RSR you earn to 5, Amy's Special Dash move has been nerfed...what's next?

• Thumbs Up 1

I like this game but one thing about it is really making me very angry! That would be the video ads they force on you every time you finish run. There is a reason why I never use the free video ad revive is because I despise video ads in my games and find it stupid. Please you stupid greedy game just let me play the game without no video ads showing up! I not care if you allow me to skip the ad after five seconds as it should not be there! The only freaking time there should ever be a video ad is when I use the video ad revive, which for some stupid reason they call it "free revive" even though you have to let the video ad play (Not watch! For some reason people make it seem like they force you to watch it when in fact they force you to play it not watch it and watching it is voluntary! Sorry pet peeve!) and that is like going to the store and they tell you they have free donut, but then they say, when you purchase the donut! If it was not for the video ads then this game would be real nice!

It's more like eating a doughnut and complaining that you have to pay for it. The game is free to play so video ads are the way the developers make money. If you find them annoying, simply purchase the $1.99 Boom Boost pack and ads will disappear.

I do agree with others saying that the free to play model sucks. I remember when Sonic Jump and Sonic Dash were paid downloads. Once they switched to this free to play model, the games got so much more limited and greedy.

• Thumbs Up 4

Yeah, the F2P model just blows. I mean, Sonic Jump is still a paid game and the microtransactions in that one is by far the least money-grubbing out of all the mobile Sonic game apps. I would MUCH rather prefer to play a paid game rather than F2P game.

• Thumbs Up 2

It's more like eating a doughnut and complaining that you have to pay for it. The game is free to play so video ads are the way the developers make money. If you find them annoying, simply purchase the $1.99 Boom Boost pack and ads will disappear.

I do agree with others saying that the free to play model sucks. I remember when Sonic Jump and Sonic Dash were paid downloads. Once they switched to this free to play model, the games got so much more limited and greedy.

It's almost like SEGA makes more money giving the game away than they do asking people to pay for it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Do you know what frustrates me? Running into invisibles objects' shadow. I'll never run over 80km, ever again, thanks to that.

Edited by Abduki

It's the mobile game market. What did you expect? Many people balk at even playing 99p for a game on mobile. That's why so many are free to play microtransactioned games.

Finally made a three-year-long jump to a smartphone, and the first game I downloaded for it was this. I was going to download Runners but then saw this, remembered my experience with Runners on my Kindle, realised I'd need to update the game just to grab data from it, so thought I'd rather start on this instead. I'm enjoying it quite a lot. And aside from a few sounds being delayed or not playing, I haven't ran into any glitches. All good so far.

It's almost like SEGA makes more money giving the game away than they do asking people to pay for it.

That's because it's true. If you have a lot of active players those forced video ads and free revive videos reel in cash for SEGA. More money is made through a F2P model than a pay once model. Benefits the company, more than it benefits the player.

Lara Croft GO probably stopped making money or getting peanuts now, and it's much better high quality game then both Sonic mobile titles put together. But SEGA is having the last laugh against Square Enix Europe because the money keeps coming in for them with the ads.

EDIT: Crap, I almost forgot to tell you the events of this silly game yesterday. I have an iPhone 6s (like the newest iPhone) and I don't know what the heck is going on. I open up the game, as I try to claim my daily login reward = BOOM crash. Opened it up again, claimed my reward (it still went to my mailbox thank God) and started up the level. BOOM crash.

Relaunched the game, started up the level, no crash. Then when I went to bank in my rings, BOOM CRASH.  Launched the game, spent 6 minutes getting a score, and in the middle of it BOOM CRASH.

WTF Sega/Hardlight? This game is becoming unplayable! Fix your mess, I've never encountered so much crashes in a single game in a span of 10 minutes...EVER. Even Runners never had this problem.

• Thumbs Up 1

Could anybody help me with something? I recently got new phone and was only able to get 2/5 games switched over (Sonic Dash, and Sonic Runners). My other 3 (Fun Run 2, Sonic Dash 2, and Subway Surfers) not switched over right. I used SD card to transfer the games. When I begin Sonic Dash 2 it loads like normal with all my information but then when I try to play the message "Your account has changed." appears and it resets all the information to zero which is really annoying since it is there. Has anybody ever switched games by SD card?

I really not want to lose Tails but I guess that normal when you switch phones right. Another thing is that google play games would fail to load up on the other phone but it loads up on new phone. I was thinking if I could stop it from loading my account, then I can save my information.

u88F3Vw.png

IdprVtW.png

a80bcee3d6cad0fdbbc8b07becdfb2ef.jpg

> Checks iOS App Store

> No update available

I wish I can go to Sega and whack them with a newspaper. So basically unless I put my device on airplane mode this game is unplayable. There's nowhere to quit this message.