Awoo.

RED ASH- Mega Man Legends Spiritual Successor?

Dejimon11

red-ash-656x369.jpg

A few minutes ago Comcept just announced a new game called "RED ASH" we don't know what its about but judging by the concept art they showed in the trailer it looks like Mega Man Legends. The guy in the center looks like Teisel Bonne and the girl on the right reminds me of Roll Casket 

• Thumbs Up 1

red-ash-656x369.jpg

A few minutes ago Comcept just announced a new game called "RED ASH" we don't know what its about but judging by the concept art they showed in the trailer it looks like Mega Man Legends. The guy in the center looks like Teisel Bonne and the girl on the right reminds me of Roll Casket 

You beat me to the thread Dejimon, savor this win. But yeah this is just another Not-blank game... but fuck it, I'm at least interested.

And that's totally Teisel Bonne up there.

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

fuck you ishikawa/person imitating ishikawa's art, I want to just snark endlessly at this but that not!Roll's hot

• Thumbs Up 1

Ehhh...

I mean, I like the Legends-esque look, especially since MML is pretty much guaranteed dead at this point, but after MN9 turned out kind of underwhelming I'm wary of anything Comcept is involved with.

• Thumbs Up 1

So ignoring ReCore, it seems like all Inafune wants to do is make a bunch of different IPs that are just Mega Man knock offs?

Not really a Mega Man Legends fan, so I can't really comment on how I feel about this being a potential spiritual successor.

I'm really digging is that music, and the designs of the characters are nice. Looking forward to future announcements regarding this.

So ignoring ReCore, it seems like all Inafune wants to do is make a bunch of different IPs that are just Mega Man knock offs?

Is Inafune even involved with this game's development?

Ya know as someone who really liked gunvolt, loves MN9 and is looking forward to, I have to ask............. am I the only one who feels like he's moving a little quick here? I mean yea it just seems like he's bouncing around soo many big projects these days and my more positive opinion on them aside (though I'm not as big of a legends fan) the general reaction these get from people tells me he might want to slow down and really focus on making each project great in it's on right before trying to keep doing bigger things and making bigger plans and doing more stuff and just wow. 

Beck...and Call.

Indeed it is MN9 Legends.

And the not-Servbot is Gofer (and Shine in Japanese).

Not sure if I want to support this though as I wasn't the biggest fan of the Legends series. More of a Classic & Zero series kind of guy, with a little X on the side.

No Gameplay again, already aiming for an anime to coincide.....seriously? 

Looking at the development staff here. Did Inafune literally go and put the Legends band back together?

Even with all of Inafune's money begging and purposing old Megaman IPs into new IPs at least he's willing to revive a dead and niche genre.

wanna contribute to reviving a dead and niche genre without paying for such absurd ripoffs

go buy solatorobo

seriously, buying into this shit not because you don't mind the skeevy practices but because "what else can we do?" is just depressing to look at

• Thumbs Up 3

No Gameplay again, already aiming for an anime to coincide.....seriously? 

An anime to coincide with the game? You mean.. like Kaio King of Pirates?

..Ha.

"We're not gonna show you any gameplay what-so-ever so that you can get a clear idea on what you're paying for, but we're gonna show you all this cool concept art and tell you that we're already planning a anime series! Good? Great, now give us $815,000."

It seems like Comcept's main principle with Red Ash and Mighty No 9 is to advertise that it's basically Mega Man/Mega Man Legends again but different, but it's okay because the guy who helped design the main character of that series is on board. Mighty No 9 looks like a pretty mediocre game to be honest, but the fact that fans of Mega Man are already gonna shit money out of their asses for it because it's a slightly different Mega Man makes that fact much worse.

Hell, Mega Man's starting to make a comeback with that legacy collection coming out later this year, his new cartoon series in 2017 and the constant stream of Merchandise, but by the time that new cartoon series rolls round (alongside the likely tie-in game to go alongside the series), Mighty No 9 2 would of probably been released by then and people are gonna think that Mega Man is the fucking rip-off rather then Mighty No 9.

It's just become clear lately that Inafune doesn't care about delivering a successor to one of the most popular game series of the NES, he just wants a new Mega Man because that means he can merchandise the shit out of it and make money. I feel like Hideki Kamiya put it best.

He's a business man. Not a creator.

• Thumbs Up 3

I haven't read through that yet, but.......... wow an anime already huh? I don't even know what to say at this point.

I haven't read through that yet, but.......... wow an anime already huh? I don't even know what to say at this point.

Eh you shouldn't be saying anything. You should be like me and shake your head in disbelief. It's a bad move if there ever was one, never mind the timing of this KS.

Eh you shouldn't be saying anything. You should be like me and shake your head in disbelief. It's a bad move if there ever was one, never mind the timing of this KS.

Sounds like a plan. 

This is too soon. Mighty No. 9 isn't even out yet, but even if it were, I don't like this idea that we can just go back and replace beloved franchises we don't have the rights to anymore. 

I don't want compromises like this.

It's just become clear lately that Inafune doesn't care about delivering a successor to one of the most popular game series of the NES, he just wants a new Mega Man because that means he can merchandise the shit out of it and make money. I feel like Hideki Kamiya put it best.

He's a business man. Not a creator.

Kamiya's funny, but that post is daft. It's clear that Inafune's focused on making something sellable, but to insist that these projects aren't really personal to him or that he himself isn't a creator is completely unfair. Don't get me wrong, he's jumped the gun on a lot of things, including this, but I am so sick of seeing this stupid quote pop up every time he gets criticized for something.

• Thumbs Up 4

So has anybody brought up that if the anime does make it's base goal and you go for the cheapest option of funding it, you'd be paying $24 for a 5 minute short?