Awoo.

RED ASH- Mega Man Legends Spiritual Successor?

Dejimon11

I'm still wondering why they couldn't just wait long enough to make an actual demo and then some months after mighty no 9 comes out, start the kickstarter and have a good playable build ready instead of this placeholder they seem to be doing here. I mean I get that inafunes ambitious but he really should've paced all this better.

Not surprised really. They definitely should've done this Kickstarter months after release, not while it was still in development.

Honest question. Now that we know this is going to fail would you want them to relaunch this KS if MN9 delivers, or if they go about restructuring the campaign?

If I had backed this project I would have revoked my pledge right about now. A failed Kickstarter means backers normally don't get charged, but now Comcept is straight up swindling people. Nobody knows where their money is going and the KS ends in a few days. This isn't even hilarious to me anymore; this is a fucking scam.

To any backers on this forum, I strongly urge that you reconsider how you use your money, as this kind of business practice should never be supported.

• Thumbs Up 5

Jesus Christ what a disaster. Well it's good that the game is getting made for the Legends fans but this whole kickstarter has been a complete and outter mess. I know I sound like a broken record at this point but wow this was bad. 

Wow, that sounds like a disaster. I wasn't surprised that some kind of bullshit like this is spewing up.

If I had backed this project I would have revoked my pledge right about now. A failed Kickstarter means backers normally don't get charged, but now Comcept is straight up swindling people. Nobody knows where their money is going and the KS ends in a few days. This isn't even hilarious to me anymore; this is a fucking scam.

To any backers on this forum, I strongly urge that you reconsider how you use your money, as this kind of business practice should never be supported.

Jesus Christ what a disaster. Well it's good that the game is getting made for the Legends fans but this whole kickstarter has been a complete and outter mess. I know I sound like a broken record at this point but wow this was bad. 

Wow, that sounds like a disaster. I wasn't surprised that some kind of bullshit like this is spewing up.

giphy.gif

^This is me right here.

I could be upset, but I'd rather focus on the roller coaster of hilarity that was this Kickstarter. It's as if the Sonic Boom experience came in crowdfunding form. Be like me, lean back and enjoy your tub of popcorn.

• Thumbs Up 8

giphy.gif

^This is me right here.

I could be upset, but I'd rather focus on the roller coaster of hilarity that was this Kickstarter. It's as if the Sonic Boom experience came in crowdfunding form. Be like me, lean back and enjoy your tub of popcorn.

I'm pretty sure I'm enjoying it alright. The Kickstarter is such a train wreck and it's actually kinda hilarious to watch. It's everything wrong with Kickstarters, product management, and showing significant progress when you announce the game. Like, a trailer with a picture and voice actors.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm laughing so hard, it's perfect

oh god I want to see what some of the people supporting it who were doing the most desperate amateur PR for it are going to say

it's completely shitty and petty of me to feel this way but god damn hahahaha WOW what an age we're in

it's a literal chinese knockoff

beautiful

giphy.gif

^This is me right here.

Oh my not mad I've just been laughing my butt off this whole time. I just want to acknowledge how poorly thoughtout this crap was. Im just sitting back and enjoying the ride.

I can't believe it took me this long to find out that, since Megaman Legends's Japanese name was Rockman Dash, Red Ash is literally called Re-Dash.

What a mess of a Kickstarter. I´m glad for the people who were excited for this game, but I can´t help but feel cheated.

I´m pretty sure that they have lost the faith of many people with this Kickstarter. If they ever end up releasing another project, I´m not sure it will end well.

That is, I´m still looking forward to mighty no 9 because I´m a sucker for megaman games, but  I don´t really care about this one 

Edited by Ristar

I've been feeling iffy about this whole thing. I've been torn between "these guys are greedy assholes" and "these guys don't understand their fanbase." I'm now leaning towards the former. 

This whole thing sucks. Red Ash sucks. Mighty No 9 probably sucks. Inafune riding off of Mega Man's legacy (something he already gets way too much credit for) sucks. The way they're trying to force this shit into becoming a franchise before their fucking crowdfunded game is even released sucks. The way they're trying to basically replace the characters and worlds that people adore with new shitty imitations sucks.

Fuck this whole thing. My enthusiasm for this whole thing is basically gone. As a diehard Mega Man fan, this is honestly a bit heartbreaking. 

Edited by Captain Fun
  • Thumbs Up 4

What's that? Red Ash has a publisher now? What's that? The Kickstarter is continuing regardless, but isn't actually funding the base game anymore?

S'cuze me, lemme just... yoink

pPtqJE5.gif

What's that? Red Ash has a publisher now? What's that? The Kickstarter is continuing regardless, but isn't actually funding the base game anymore?

S'cuze me, lemme just... yoink

pPtqJE5.gif

Well, clearly they didn't or else they wouldn't have needed Fuze.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, clearly they didn't or else they wouldn't have needed Fuze.

Yes, but the fact that they're perfectly content to just take the Kickstarter money anyway now that they don't actually need it

Fuze´s webpage is weird as hell

http://www.fuzegame.tv/e/product.php

Well, good to see the game was picked up by some fucking Chinese bootleg nobodies who are using images they no doubt have no right to be using. My favorite thing on that page.

Can'  t believe this this can be called  "game console" , ! ! !

Just... my god.  It's kind of a match made in heaven; Chinese knockoff company making knockoff game. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Yes, but the fact that they're perfectly content to just take the Kickstarter money anyway now that they don't actually need it

The Kickstarter is to fund the stretchgoals now. It's not like Fuze gave them millions.

Not that it matters. The Kickstarter is incredibly unlikely to make it's goal and thus they won't get any of it any way.

Fuze´s webpage is weird as hell

http://www.fuzegame.tv/e/product.php

In a surprise twist it turns out that Fuze's funding came in Bison dollars.

On a different note has anyone seen the twitter outrage? Specifically the one's that hoped for the KS to fail, they act like they got denied their basic human rights. Fucking lol.

Edited by Balding Spider

Haha their campaign is actually starting to lose money, they dropped by 712 USD on the 30th, but only lost one net backer, which means either big backers are backing out or a lot of people are lowering their pledges.  

This is a complete and utter disaster really. I have never seen this happen on KS before and it makes Comcept looking even worse than the time they backed MN9! This Chinese knock off company that's publishing it makes RED ASH look so much worse than it kinda already was.

I really hope this bombs. Sorry, but I just don't support any of the shit that Comcept has pulled off.