Awoo.

RED ASH- Mega Man Legends Spiritual Successor?

Dejimon11

You realise there's more to ethnicity than "black people", right? I was referring more the complaints you see, as I said, of stuff like "Persona needs more PoC" when the cast is already entirely asian.

True but usually most anyone that says poc means just that. What other pocket would you like to see. Regardless she was originally drawn darker regardless. Don't have to be black but she is dark

4 hours ago, The KKM said:

You realise there's more to ethnicity than "black people", right?

phoenix-sweating%28a%29.gif Errr, that really has nothing to do with the point I was making, assuming you're referring to my reply to your

arguments of how race is hard to depict in anime

quote.

What I said in response applied to all races, not just blacks.

2 hours ago, Meta77 said:

Regardless she was originally drawn darker regardless. Don't have to be black but she is dark

Basically what the racial contradictions between the game and the anime boil down to.

I can't see this being a success. After how much of a disaster Mighty No 9 was (and the number of worst lists it topped this year) as well as the face ReCore turned out to be pretty terrible as well, I can't see consumers trusting Comcept.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

I can't see this being a success. After how much of a disaster Mighty No 9 was (and the number of worst lists it topped this year) as well as the face ReCore turned out to be pretty terrible as well, I can't see consumers trusting Comcept.

Hey, the gaming community constantly forgives activision, Warner bros, etc. I wouldn't be surprised if consumers forget or undermine Comcepts past and shadeyness regarding this game and return to optimism. 

26 minutes ago, KHCast said:

Hey, the gaming community constantly forgives activision, Warner bros, etc. I wouldn't be surprised if consumers forget or undermine Comcepts past and shadeyness regarding this game and return to optimism. 

Can we get an example of whatever those two companies did that's on the same level as Inafune literally stealing money from people and lying about the product that Comcept released?

On the topic at hand, I don't see it being a success either. Even if it ends up being great, I'm pretty sure most people aren't gonna want to buy it after everything that happened with MN9.

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, God Eater Lenka said:

Can we get an example of whatever those two companies did that's on the same level as Inafune literally stealing money from people and lying about the product that Comcept released?

Activision slipped microtransactions into a port of a 10 year old game without fanfare post launch, if that counts. Maybe not quite laundering money or anything, but it is basically misrepresenting their final product all the same.

That being said, Activision is really good at advertising, to the point that they can effectively brute force against any bad press they get. If we're going off "crying like an anime fan on prom night", I don't think anyone can really argue that Comcept has that same luxury. That's before you consider that Activision is a successful, established brand that's been around long enough to survive the 1983 gaming crash, and that Comcept have basically bombed right out the gate with their debut game with no such goodwill to fall back on.

• Thumbs Up 3