Awoo.

Trans-Pacific Partnership Agreement (TPP) Awareness

Sir Tynen

Hey kids! Remember SOPA and PIPA? Those bills, that if passed, would really screw up the internet?

Well, it's BACK! And not only more secretive, but even worse than ever before:

wha1Jxl.png

wIaF3c1.png

028Gc9K.jpg

GSUhMgN.png

Please help spread awareness of this to as many as you can, as this will very much fuck everybody if passed.

• Thumbs Up 6

Happy Independence Day, indeed. What a crock of bullcrap.

• Thumbs Up 2

I hope we can stop this! I'm really tired of having to worry about the internet being ruined by bills like these! Also, it's sad that we are learning about this on Independence Day, considering TPP completely violates the Bill of Rights! Unfortunately, it really seems like the government doesn't care about the Bill of Rights anymore.

• Thumbs Up 1

How is it that being associated with such a bill hasn't become career suicide, we need names of who keeps proposing these things.  

• Thumbs Up 4

Is there like a petition I can sign to protest this? Cause I really want too. 

• Thumbs Up 1

"If you transfer your DVD's over to digital, you could get fined up to $10,000" 

OH BULL!

It's already passed, guys. It was fast-tracked. :/ So... yeah. This could be bad.

Oh no! If this is true, do you think if a lot of people protested it could still be stopped? I don't want to get kicked off the internet!

So, exactly what was it that persuaded Obama to go full throttle on this trade bill, when evidently all the signs point toward a decidedly unDemocratic deal?

You know shit's going badly wrong when the very same Republicans who have vilified you as a Commie Muslim Marxist Hitler from Kenya, denying everything you would do to help America for the past 7 years, suddenly come rushing to your aid and even grant you expanded authority to negotiate that trade deal.

I'm guessing serious pressure from lobbyists and promises to run anti-them ads all over America if they don't agree to promote it and get it passed? That still doesn't tell us why Obama's in favor of it, though.

A full video on what is going on.

That video is from last year's November. Call me skeptic, but if this new law is as bad as it's claimed, why almost absolutely noone in months had tried to spread the word (especially people that care about Internet freedom like all the guys that protested against SOPA) until now? If this matter is so grave, why noone noticed it and why there wasn't enough spreading of it?

I'm not claiming it's fake, just that it seems rather strange for a thing this bad to have been ignored for so long.

If this matter is so grave, why noone noticed it and why there wasn't enough spreading of it?

Because the people most invested in the TPP have done everything in their power to make sure the general public don't hear about it. If you look at the OP again, you may note that every meeting about it was behind closed doors, and no record of what transpired within has actually been made publicly available in the first place. It's pretty obvious why they did this - the first two times lobbyists tried to get this crap to pass, the internet stirred up a frenzy about it, so literally the only way this could ever work is if they snuck it through quickly and without fanfare.

EDIT: In fact WikiLeaks is apparently the only reason we even know about it, if Vinesauce's video is any indication.

Edited by Blacklightning
  • Thumbs Up 4

I honestly don't understand why these deals keep coming up over and over again. You would think after the widely negative response to SOPA and PIPA, and the previous times they tried to pass TPP, they'd consider there might be a reason people have fought and protested the hell out of bills like this. Then again, they kept quiet about this this go around, so they obviously know about people's concerns, they just don't give a fuck.

Really getting tired of this shit coming up over and over again. Hopefully it's not too late for it to get beaten back one more time.

So, exactly what was it that persuaded Obama to go full throttle on this trade bill, when evidently all the signs point toward a decidedly unDemocratic deal?

Democrats are democratic? News to me.

The US is lacking some assassination attempts nowadays. Seriously. How come no one tries to kill politicians nowadays?

(PS: I am not serious about this, just in case Nepenthe gets scared and thinks I am nuts. But I sure hate the MAFIAA as much as you guys here do.)

Also, yeah, I know about the Internet Killing Partnership for some years now.

• Thumbs Up 1

This wouldn't bode well if passed. A good reminder that we can't forget things in our celebration.

The US is lacking some assassination attempts nowadays. Seriously. How come no one tries to kill politicians nowadays?

(PS: I am not serious about this, just in case Nepenthe gets scared and thinks I am nuts. But I sure hate the MAFIAA as much as you guys here do.)

Also, yeah, I know about the Internet Killing Partnership for some years now.

In all seriousness, a voice actress I know of could be arrested despite that she voiced a character in her Facebook profile pic... Politics are weird.

Don't forget about TTIP, which the US and the EU are secretively cobbling together. Both these trade deals are an affront to democracy and are dodgy attempts to stengthen the West in anticipation of China's rise but are ultimately vanity projects for the US.

I hope both fail miserably and Obama, as well as the free-market conservatives across Europe who are pushing this shit are left with egg on their faces. It's this kind of bollocks that true eurosceptics SHOULD be worrying about.

If you want these things to stop, you need names. Everyone who writes it, proposes it, votes for it, their name needs to be spread, and it needs to become career suicide to touch one.

They're bringing up copyright issues again? And keeping it private so the public doesn't smash the idea into oblivion?

AND MESSING UP THE INTERNET FOR THE THIRD FUCKING TIME IN A ROW?!

I'm so done with these politicians, making bills that ruin people's lives. Someone please slap some sense into them.

And this isn't going forward already, is it? If it isn't, is there a petition to stop it from going forward?

What is the Trans Pacific Partnership? It is a disastrous trade agreement designed to protect the interests of the largest multi-national corporations at the expense of workers, consumers, the environment and the foundations of American democracy. It will also negatively impact some of the poorest people in the world. It does not just impact the United States, but many contries throughout the world. Here are the list of nations that will be affected by the TPP: United States, Japan, Mexico, Canada, Australia, Malaysia, Chile, Singapore, Peru, Vietnam, New Zealand and Brunei.

Read this if you want to know more:

http://www.sanders.senate.gov/download/the-trans-pacific-trade-tpp-agreement-must-be-defeated?inline=file

post-7849-0-19259800-1436393284_thumb.pn

An example of how secret this bill is.

If you want to read it, well too fucking bad, because it isn't just secret, it will remain secret for four years after it's accepted. Talk about transparency. However a small part has been leaked, you can read more here:

TPP will allow a corporation to sue a state over "potential losses". This won't happen in a court of your own country, this will place an international court above your laws. Consumer rights, from food to your favorite hobby, will be destroyed mercilessly. Think it's bad now? You haven't seen anything.

post-7849-0-79783100-1436393972_thumb.pn
post-7849-0-42332000-1436393995_thumb.jp

If you want to spread the word, then this Thunderclap is a good start:

post-7849-0-19259800-1436393284_thumb.pn

post-7849-0-79783100-1436393972_thumb.pn

post-7849-0-42332000-1436393995_thumb.jp