Awoo.

Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Road Chip - "Because Four Equals Death"

Spin Attaxx

Well, did you want a fourth Alvin and the Chipmunks movie? What's that? You didn't?

Well, clearly someone did, coz were gonna get that fourth movie!

Just... yeah, blah blah blah oh dear God don't let the Sonic movie turn out like this etc.

• Thumbs Up 2

wait what

who thought this was a good idea

i thought they were done

Also, FUCK, I was trying to get Uptown Funk out of my head. Now for attempt #37.

And the animation looks really poor this time around. Not surprised.

As long as there are chipmunk title puns to be made and chart-topping songs to perform in chipmunk voices, this is a series that probably isn't going to be going away any time soon. The trailer just gives me vibes of "look, it's another Alvin movie... but this one has Uptown Funk!" - rather than churning out a new film every time some big new song takes over the industry, they should just do a remix album and call it Now! That's What I Call Chipmunk or something.

It's a shame really, because I really used to like the old Alvin & The Chipmunks cartoon as a kid. I've seen snippets of the first film and have been left uninspired, and absolutely nothing about this new one is changing my mind.

When will they ever learn...

They already have learned. They've learned that tons of people are willing to pay money to see complete schlock, again and again and again. 

• Thumbs Up 3

They already have learned. They've learned that tons of people are willing to pay money to see complete schlock, again and again and again. 

It's just the matter of people who actually still go to these kinds of movies will ever learn.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ugh, I remember having good memories of the old show and even the first two movies but I didn't bother to see Chipwrecked and I'm sure I'm not gonna see this. The animation looks very crappy in some areas, I didn't believe Theodore was on that car singing Uptown Funk, he looks like he was badly photoshopped on there.

The new TV Show looks better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AovBuG0Q7PU

The first Chipmunks movie actually had some heart to it. The sequels however...gag.

I hope this bombs hard but I don't think it'll happen.

Wait, how successful WAS Chipwrecked in terms of the box office?

I've only seen the first and the third movie. 

I liked the first movie alot especially since they sing some of their iconic songs but the third while good wasn't that memorable to me. And this look like a rush job but we will see.

Ugh, I remember having good memories of the old show and even the first two movies but I didn't bother to see Chipwrecked and I'm sure I'm not gonna see this. The animation looks very crappy in some areas, I didn't believe Theodore was on that car singing Uptown Funk, he looks like he was badly photoshopped on there.

The new TV Show looks better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AovBuG0Q7PU

I'm sorry but Alvin looks more like a human/chipmunk hybrid. I dont like it either.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wait, how successful WAS Chipwrecked in terms of the box office?

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=alvin3d.htm

It's production budget was $75 million. 

It's Domestic Gross was $133 million and its worldwide gross was $342 million. 

So, it did moderately well. It's not that good of a gross but it did make money. 

And, I might as well say something about this movie being made. This Alvin movie series is just another money maker series where they can just throw "popular" shit that requires no effort onto the screen and schmucks will go out and see it. And more people will buy the DVDs as time wasters for their kids.

I won't be surprised when we see the trailer for Chipmunks 5, which will have the next "in" song front and center. And you shouldn't be either. 

• Thumbs Up 1

As if three wasn't enough (honestly, it should've stopped after two), but they just had to go the extra mile with a fourth one... smh

I'll have to admit that these movies are a guilty pleasure of mine. I think the chipmunks are so adorable and the films are just silly fun. Sometimes that's nice, just to watch cute, dumb films XP.

These movies really weren't made for people who are looking for a serious or actually good movie in mind.  Unless the person in question is a young child, they will probably not defend the movie's quality.  I wouldn't mind these movies' existence if we at least had something decent in the Chipmunks brand to supplement it.  Like, they can make all the lackluster, live action, direct-to-TV Scooby Doo movies they want, as long as Mystery Incorporated remains half-way decent, and I wouldn't care.  It just irks me that these movies aren't getting Chipmunks anywhere except for more of these movies.  Otherwise, they clearly weren't made for me, so there's no point in getting upset over it.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't see these movies being terrible at all. Lots of kids I know loves these movies and get a little laugh from it. I personally enjoyed them. I wouldn't mind seeing this one.

And obviously if you never liked the whole series, then just don't watch it and ignore it.

Yes, because making a idiotic family movie is excusable because it's meant for kids. I mean after all, why should they get anyway decent entertainment? Let's just shovel crap at them and giving Fox money for giving kids idiotic entertainment,

Sorry Tara, but the whole ''it's for kids'' argument is not a good one. There's no reason whatsoever why we can't give kids good and smart entertainment, that doesn't rely on pop culture references, bored and stupid adult jokes about how a character thinks another character is sexy or uses an inappropriate joke in a kids movie. I mean, we are in a age with good movies based on TV Shows, I mean this year alone we have Sponge Out of Water, a really great comedy movie that can be enjoyed by kids and adults.

Inside Out is another one, a return to Pixar's standards. Forget that, every Pixar movie is like that with the exception of Cars 2.

I am so sick of the argument that ''because it's for kids and because it's not my age group'' being used to excuse these terrible movies. Kids might enjoy them, but that doesn't make these movies any less stupid and terrible. If we want to give kids entertainment, exactly why can't it be good stuff that has actual effort, time, and thought put into them, instead of bored, cliche, focus testing bullshit that's 90% pop culture references and 10% Adult Jokes.

• Thumbs Up 6

blah blah shitty movie, blah blah  kids deserve better, blah blah terrible.

Ok, done. Bye.

Yes, because making a idiotic family movie is excusable because it's meant for kids. I mean after all, why should they get anyway decent entertainment? Let's just shovel crap at them and giving Fox money for giving kids idiotic entertainment,

Sorry Tara, but the whole ''it's for kids'' argument is not a good one. There's no reason whatsoever why we can't give kids good and smart entertainment, that doesn't rely on pop culture references, bored and stupid adult jokes about how a character thinks another character is sexy or uses an inappropriate joke in a kids movie. I mean, we are in a age with good movies based on TV Shows, I mean this year alone we have Sponge Out of Water, a really great comedy movie that can be enjoyed by kids and adults.

Inside Out is another one, a return to Pixar's standards. Forget that, every Pixar movie is like that with the exception of Cars 2.

I am so sick of the argument that ''because it's for kids and because it's not my age group'' being used to excuse these terrible movies. Kids might enjoy them, but that doesn't make these movies any less stupid and terrible. If we want to give kids entertainment, exactly why can't it be good stuff that has actual effort, time, and thought put into them, instead of bored, cliche, focus testing bullshit that's 90% pop culture references and 10% Adult Jokes.

• Thumbs Up 4

Can't we all agree at the very least is there's no heart behind this movie?

Nah, you're totes right.  They don't even attempt to conceal the fact that these movies are financially-driven cash cows.  But you would think with how popular they supposedly are (supposedly), it would springboard into something passable at least.  The bad Scooby-Doo movies paved the way for an incredibly imaginative reinvention of the series, and even the more poorly received superhero movies are doing wonders for their genre as far as I know.  But these are springboarding the Chipmunks to bad movie after bad movie and a TV show that doesn't honestly look that much better in my opinion alone.

The first Chipmunks movie actually had some heart to it. The sequels however...gag.

I hope this bombs hard but I don't think it'll happen.

• Thumbs Up 3

Eh, nothing to get too worked up over. That being said, it's kinda sad how this series has turned out. I thought (and still think) that the first one was a genuinely good movie. Nothing special, of course, but still good. Ever since, though... well, considering this trailer made me cringe... it's gone down the shitter, haha. But whatever. Just another shitty sequel to a franchise that started off good.

• Thumbs Up 1

In my opinion:

The first movie was good.

The second movie was stupid, but had one or two good ideas.

Didn't even watch the third one.

I couldn't care less about the fourth one.