Awoo.

''GREAT SCOTT MARTY! WE'RE GETTING A COMIC BOOK!'' - IDW's Back to the Future Comic

Ryannumber1gamer

That's right folks, IDW has announced a comic based on Back to the Future! The comic will be arriving on the 21st of October and it'll apparently be stand alone stories but Bob Gale will be helping in the comic as well! It's unknown if it's just a four issue miniseries or a full comic yet though.

CJZ2sRaWgAACOe0.jpg

All-New Comic Series Arrives This October 21st (That Date Sound Familiar?)

"Roads? Where We're Going, We Don't Need Roads…"

San Diego, Calif. (July 12, 2015) — Great Scott! As the smoke begins to clear on anotther magnificent San Diego Comic-Con International, IDW Publishing is OFFICIALLY announcing the next great property to come to comics is none other than Back to the Future! Two days ago, the crowd at IDW's panel sat stunned as Biff himself arrived, grasping a freshly printed copy of the 2016 trade paperback collection and proclaiming it to be the best-selling book of the year. After traveling to the end of the Con, IDW can now confirm it's true! 

IDW is proud to reveal that with the original movie's creator/screenwriter Bob Gale on board, the untold adventures are headed Back to (and from) the Future! "We've subtitled this 'Untold Tales and Alternate Timelines' because for years, fans have asked questions about things that happened before the events of the trilogy, in between the events of the trilogy, or in our alternate realities," said Gale. "In this series, we'll finally answer some of those questions, with our focus squarely on the characters everyone loves." Joining Gale in these tales through alternate timelines are two familiar IDW writers: John Barber (Transformers) and Erik Burnham (Ghostbusters), who together break down the issue into two separate stories that build upon the iconic characters and time periods from the films. The artistic team will also be split between Brent Schoonover (Batman '66) and Burnham's long-time collaborator, Dan Schoening (Ghostbusters). Each subsequent issue will feature rotating artistic teams, who will add more fun stories to this rich universe. Bob Gale and the rest of the Back to the Future team will be set up to sign at IDW's booth (#2743) at SDCC on 7/9/15 (Thursday) at 1PM. "I can honestly say the enthusiasm surrounding BTTF's inclusion into our vast library of licensed comics is absolutely palpable here at the IDW offices and amongst the talented creators we've recruited to help us bring Bob Gale's new visions to four-color life—enough excitement to enerrgize a flux-capacitor or two, that's for sure!" said IDW editor Tom Waltz. In the first tale of the debut issue, we head back to 1982 and witness the very first meeting between Marty McFly and Doc Brown, before their incredible adventures together began. Then in the second chapter, we head back even farther to 1943 and see how Doc Brown got himself mixed up in the infamous Manhattan Project! This first issue will feature three standard covers, by Schoening, Schoonover, and Amy Mebberson (My Little Pony). Additionally, Back to the Future #1 will join in on the fun of Artist's Edition Month in October with an original art styled cover by Schoening! Mark your calendars and set your watches for October when this 4-part series races into comic shops! 

Source: http://www.backtothefuture.com/news-events/latest-news/IDW-Publishing-Has-Traveled-Back-In-Time-With-BTTF#sthash.rCUMtZka.mm9hrxYN.dpbs

• Thumbs Up 3

Definitely gonna keep tabs on this. Hope it's good, though with Bob Gale's involvement, I'm sure it will be! :)

I'm really sad this didn't happen before Doctor Who left IDW, because a crossover would have been a very realistic possibility and it would've been amazing.

Oh well, no use in dwelling on that--I'm super excited for this!! It'll be neat to see Doc and Marty meet for the first time and all that fun stuff. I wonder what kind of alternate timelines we'll see...

I'm really sad this didn't happen before Doctor Who left IDW, because a crossover would have been a very realistic possibility and it would've been amazing.

Oh well, no use in dwelling on that--I'm super excited for this!! It'll be neat to see Doc and Marty meet for the first time and all that fun stuff. I wonder what kind of alternate timelines we'll see...

• 7 months later...

So, bigger news. IDW's miniseries has proved successful, and they have now confirmed that they are turning BTTF into a full on comic series! Hopefully this means we might get a crossover with the Ghostbusters comic.